Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thirteen Fates 1: Siren's Song ❯ It Just Got Worse ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Spirit Detectives walked up the long, winding stair, Serena and Yukina in the lead, Mohroh and Kurama behind them, and Hiei drifting in and out of the shadows behind them. Kuwabara, still shell shocked from what had happened with Yukina, lagged behind, carrying Yusuke over his shoulder.

"Think he'll be ok?"Yukina asked, looking back at Kuwabara worriedly.

"He'll be fine."Serena rolled her eyes,"He's jsut suprised, that was probably his first REAL kiss."

"Really?"

"Oh, yeah."Serena smirked,"He's weird, but, then again, you've never been kissed either."

"Good point."Yukina blushed slightly.

"Oh well,"Serena smirked,"you've got the equivalent of a boyfriend on your hands, get ready for a nightmare."

"I'm not even going to ask."Yukina smiled weakly.

"Trust me, you'll learn soon enough."Serena smiled,"How's your shoulder?"

"Still hurting."Yukina sighed,"What's wrong?"

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing."

"Yeah, right, what is it?"

"It's just, the whole time Mohroh and I were looking for you I could have sworn I heard someone singing, then Yusuke turned on the others and attacked them."

Yukina nodded,"You're losing it."

"Yukina, you're as bad as your brother."

"There are times when I think she's worse."Mohroh teased.

"Oh, now you're listening in on our conversations?"Serena hissed.

"Maaaaybe."

"How Kuronoue ever fell in love with you is beyond me."Serena rolled her amethyst eyes,"Now get your head OUT of OUR conversation."

"Why, you afraid I'll hear something embarassing?"Mohroh teased.

"No."Serena snapped,"Ugh, go bug Hiei."

"Fine, leave your poor mother out of everything."Mohroh huffed.

"How the heck did Kurama and Kuronoue deal with her?"Yukina asked weakly.

"No clue."Serena smirked,"Kurama, you're being really quite."

"Huh, oh, just thinking about something."Kurama said flatly.

"Maya."Mohroh rolled her eyes. Kurama just nodded.

"We're here."They had come to a huge, wooden door. Serena pushed the doors open, Marinak was waiting for them. "Oh, so you can find your way through this maze after all, or did you just have Jaken teleport you here?"Serena hissed.

"Why, my beautiful Serena, it's good to see you again,"Marinak smirked,"thought I didn't expect you to still be alive after pulling that Thirteen Fates stunt, my little fortune teller."

"Seren, what's he talking about?"Kuwabara gave Serena a strange look.

"How does he......arg!"Serena snapped, realizing the her cloak was still gone,"MOHROH!"

"Oops."Mohroh hid behind Kurama.

"Mohroh, you're here too?"Marinak turned his attention to the gold haired wolf demon,"It's nice to see that you've finally returned to the palace."

"Only to help a friend!"Mohroh snapped.

"Friends! PHA!! You really are a weakling!"Marinak taunted.

"Takes one to know one!"Serena snapped.

"Quite a protective little brat, aren't you?"Marinak glared at Serena, for the first time she realized that Marinak's eyes weren't red, they were purple, just like hers and Mohrohs. "My, my, my, Mohroh, do I see a resemblance between the two of you?"

"Resemblance, hell,"Kuwabara practically laughed,"Mohroh is that THING'S mother!"

"THING?!"

"MOTHER?!! Ha, Mohroh, you are pathetic!"Marinak laughed.

"Right back at ya!"Mohroh snapped,"Atleast I HAVE a child."

"Yeah, a child that you left with a couple on ningens."Hiei pointed out.

"HUMANS?!!!!!! Some ruler you would have made!"Marinak laughed.

"Leaving me with those humans is one of the smartest things my mother even did!"Serena snapped.

"You don't even know your mother's full story, do you girl?"Marinak laughed,"What's wrong SISTER? Too scared to tell them the truth?"

"SISTER?!"Hiei and Yukina both snapped.

"Got any more suprises for us, MOM?!"Serena growled.

"Whoa, wait a minte,"Kuwabara looked at Serena like she was something out of a horror movie,"you're a GIRL?!"

"You JUST figured that out?"Hiei snorted,"SerenA is a idiotic girl."

"Idiotic?"Serena hissed.

"Uhh, what happened?"Yusuke, who at some point Kuwabara had dropped, mumbled, getting up.

"Ugh. Now that stupid's awake,"Serena slapped her forehead and summoned her staff,"Sprit Arrows!" She shot several arrows at the demon, and missed.

"Talk about bad aim."Kuwabara muttered.

"Shut up, Kuwabara."Hiei growled.

Suddenly Serena's ears perked,"Do you guys here singing?"

"Singing, Serena, you're losing it."Yukina whispered.

"I'm not losing it Yukina."Serena rubbed her forehead,"Someone is singing."

"Singing what?"Mohroh asked worriedly.

"Attack them, destory, destroy."Serena went wide eyed and ducked as a punch suddenly came flying at them from Kuwabara,"It's a siren!!"

"No duh!"Yukina jumped out of the way as Hiei attacked them, sword drawn,"Shit, shit, shit!!"

"I thought you might like that."Marinak smirked,"Maya, finish them."

"Why does that not suprise me."Serena goarned, her ears suddenly perked again,"She's calling Kurama!"

"Too late."Mohroh pointed to the now dissapearing form of Kurama, walking into another doorway.

"KURAMA!!!!!!!!!!"Serena shouted,"God, I HATE sirens." she spun around and knocked out Kuwabara as he came running at her.

"Just knock them out."Mohroh sighed weakly.

'Wait a minute!'Serena's mind raced, and she turned to Hiei,'Nothing can seduce the Black Dragon Wave, I'm an idiot.' "NOW!!!"

A huge firey dragon suddenly erupted from the floor and raced at Marinak,"WHAT THE HELL?!!!"

"I want you to meet the Black Dragon Wave!!!"Serena shouted,"Nothing can control it!!!!"

"JAKEN!!!!"Makrinak shouted.

Suddenly Shiori, Keiko, Botan, and Shizuru appeared in front of him.

"Human sheild."Serena muttered.

Using what little enegry he had left, Hiei managed to steer the Black Dragon Wave away.

"Bastard!"Yukina snapped, suprising everyone.

"This is low even for you!"Mohroh snapped.

"Yusuke!"Keiko shouted.

"Don't even try,"Serena shouted,"he's being controlled by a siren, all of them are!!!"

"Siren!"Shiori shouted.

"More bad news,"Serena's mind snapped,"Maya's the siren!!"

"I knew there was something bad about that girl."Shiori muttered,"Where's Shuuichi?!"

"You don't want to know!"Mohroh shouted,"Trust me!"

"Momma."Serena whispered,"Damn it!!! MRINAK I SWEAR I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!! Spirit Arrows!!!" She narrowly missed hitting Keiko and Botan several times, only to miss Marinak completely,"Shit, this idiot's faster than Hiei!"

"He's not fast, it's just an illusion!"Botan yelled,"Get past the shadows around him!"

"How EXACTLY do we do that?"Mohroh snapped.

"Shadows, shadows,"Serena muttered, dodging a few fireballs from her uncle,"damn Marinak."

"LIGHT!!!!"Shizuru shouted.

"That's it, we need light."Serena hissed,"Damn, why'd Hiei have to faint? Yukina, why the hell'd you have to be an ice demon?"

"Bad luck?"Yukina shrugged.

"Light, light, what gives off light?"Serena hissed,"Besides fire and spiritual energy. Damnit!!!!"

"This is totally useless."Mohroh jumped by her, knocking away a few arrows,"Three demon chicks, one who can't even fight, no offense Yukina, verses my idiotic, shadow living younger brother, who, might I add, is ten times stronger than me!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"You're just now telling us he's THAT strong!!"Serena snapped,"We're dead meat without the guys!"

"BLADES OF BLOOD!!!"

Suddenly Shiori, Shizuru, and Keiko fell to the ground and Serena, Yukina, and Mohroh were knocked out.

"DEADLY NIGHT!!!!"Were the last words Serena heard before everything went black.