Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thirteen Fates 1: Siren's Song ❯ What is Love (side affect of being on stupid drugs) ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Yusuke, what the hell's wrong with you?"Kuwabara dodged a wild punch from Yusuke.

"That's what I want to know!"Mohroh yelped, jumping out of the way as Yusuke tried to kick her,"Wait a minute, Seren said he heard someone singing while we were looking for you and Yukina."

"In other words you think he's being controled by a siren."Kurama ducked under a wild Spirit Gun,"But only other sirens can here a siren's song."

"I know!"Mohroh did a hand spring and landed behind Yusuke, grabbing him by the arms, only to receive a kick in the gut,"Crazy thought, was Kuronoue a FULL raven demon?"

"I don't know."Kurama ducked again.

Back with Serena and Yukina

'Damn, where is that singing coming from?'Serena mentally hissed.

"Serena?"

"For a girl who's hurt, you sure can talk a lot."Serena smirked,"What?"

"What the heck's wrong with me? It feels like there's something flying around in my stomach and I don't know, I just feel weird, but I like it."Serena almost dropped her friend.

"And when EXACTLY did this start?"Serena asked, already knowing the answer.

"Right after Kazuma caught me when I got stabbed."Yukina said weakly,"He just got really mad and threw a fit, but just over me getting hurt. You don't even do that."

Serena stopped and set her down,"Yukina, do you know what happened during the fight with the Netherworld?"

"Not really."Yukina looked up at her.

"When they had to confront Raiko, Kuwabara wanted to take him on, even though he didn't have any spiritual power left, all because the bastard hurt you."

"He did?"Yukina looked up at her in suprise,"I thought Hiei beat him."

"He did,"Serena smirked,"Hiei tripped the big lummox as he was running at Raiko."

Yukina couldn't help but giggle,"That silly Kazuma, he's hard to understand, but he's really sweet."

"Sweet, stupid, but sweet."Serena smirked.

"What does any of this have to do with the way I feel?"Yukina asked.

"Yukina, you're in love."Serena had to force herself not to gag.

"Love?"Yukina gave her a strange look,"What EXACTLY is love, anyway?"

"I am NOT the right demon to ask that."Serena hissed,"But for the sake of both our sanities I'll try to explain. Love is,.....ugh, mot my specialty. There's two different kinds of love, brotherly, or, in some cases, sisterly love, the the love Hiei and I have for you." Serena slid down to the ground, knowing this would take a while. "And then there's true love, the love that apparently Kuwabara has for you, and, from what I can see, you are starting to return."

Yukina nodded,"Like Kurama's love for Maya." Serena suppressed a growl. "Sorry, bad example. Like Keiko and Yusuke."

"Better."Serena smirked,"And you're right, on Keiko and Yusuke, that's true love, some people are just too stubborn to admit they're in love. Kuwabara being a MAJOR exception."

"Ok, what the heck is the power of love?"

"Kuwabara being an idiot."Serena muttered,"A lot of people believe love is a weakness, a pointless emotion, like Hiei, and other people see love as a sort of weapon. For some people, if say, they're trying to protect someone they love, the love they have for them, in a way, helps them fight. It gives them a boost of power, and, I'm guessing, that's part of how Yusuke beat the last Saint Beast, because he was far too weak otherwise."

Yukina nodded again,"And I'm falling in love with Kazuma."

"Exactly, something Hiei is NOT going to like."Serena smirked,"This will be fun."

"You want to torture Hiei again, don't you?"

"He's fun to torment."Serena smirked,"Come on, the others are waiting for us."She got to her feet and helped Yukina up,"Oh, and if you want to impress Kuwabara, after all this is over, make sure you kiss him."

Yukina just nodded, and the two girls took off through the maze. With a little work they made it to the end of the maze, to find Yusuke madly attacking the other fighters, besides Kwabara, who had been knocked out.

'singing, more singing.'Serena thought,"Yukina, freeze him up please."

Yukina obeyed, freezing Yusuke in his place,"Sorry."

"Oh, yeah, NOW they show up."Mohroh rolled her eyes.

"Shut up."Serena snorted,"Oh cute, dumbo got himself knocked out again."She walked over and kicked the unconscious ningen, receiving a grunt,"Yukina, ice his mouth and nose please."

"Do I have to?"Yukina asked.

"If you don't you get to carry him."Serena rolled her eyes.

Yukina gently sat down next to him and put a layer of ice over his mouth and nose,'I am so sorry.'

After a minute Kuwabara's eyes shot open and he jumped to his feet, tried to run, tripped over a rock, and ended up in Yukina's lap. Serena and Kurama instinctively grabbed Hiei's arms before he could attack.

"Let me go."Hiei growled.

"Why, so you can kill Kuwabara?"Kurama hissed.

Serena, in pure annoyance, picked Hiei up by the HAIR and glared at him,"Down boy."

"That's a new one."Mohroh muttered.

"Short temper."Kurama sighed,"It never fails."

"MMMMPPPPHHHHHH!!!!!!! MMMM!!!!!"Kuwabara's face was still frozen.

"Oops."Yukina muttered, helping Kuwabara up so he was sitting on his knees.

Serena 'accidentally' threw Hiei into a wall behind her so he couldn't see what was going on,"I'm losing it. Yukina, get the ice off his lips."

Yukina propped herself up so she was looking Kuwabara in the eyes and, much to the amazement of everyone, besides Serena, kissed him.

"That's one way to melt the ice."Kurama muttered.

Serena heard Hiei getting up, and kicked him. Yukina finally broke the kiss, blushing profusely, but no where near as much as Kuwabara, who was completely awe-struck and suprised. Yukina quickly got up and semi-hid behind Serena.

"Come on, let's get going before something bad happens."Serena pointed one of her many tails at Hiei.

Suddenly Kuwabara snapped back to reality,"What the heck just happened?"

"Yukina just took the ice off your lips."Serena smirked.

"She what?"Hiei finally managed to get up without Serena trying to kill him,"And what was with getting trown into a wall and kicked?"

"Felt like it."Serena smirked,"And the ice off the lips thing, she was just making use of her fire demon half and melted the ice off his face."

Hiei glared up at Serena then gave Kuwabara a 'KEEP-YOUR-GOD-DAMNED-HANDS-OFF-HER-OR-I-SWEAR-I'LL-KICK-YOUR-SORRY-BUTT-TO -HELL-AND-BACK-YOU-GOD-FORSAKEN-SON-OF-A-BITCH-THAT-MY-SISTER-IS-DEVELOPING -A-CRUSH-ON-AND-I'M-GOING-TO-KILL-YOU-FOR-IT' then turned to Yukina and gave her a 'Stay-away-from-him' look. Serena gave Hiei a plain strange look,"We'd better get moving before Hiei tries to kill someone."

"I heard that."Hiei muttered.

"Good."Serena walked over to the wall and walked through it.

"Did she just do that?"Kuwabara asked, picking up the now unconscious Yusuke.

"She just did that."Kurama rolled his eyes,"Let's go."