Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thirteen Fates 1: Siren's Song ❯ The Deal ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Serena stared sleepily at the night sky from her spot laying of a large rock,"Boooring."

"Then stat training instead of staring at the sky."Hiei snorted, hitting the young wolf over the head with the broad side of his sword,"You've got the strength to return to your normal form, make use of it."

"Bite me."Serena sat up, thankful she no longer sounded like a 'broken squeaky toy' and now sounded like Mohroh off of Princess Mononoke. (VERY cool movie, weird ending)

"Serena."

"Fine fine."Serena's body began to glow, and her form slowly became that of a teenage human girl with waiste length black and white hair, and amethyst eyes.

"Much better."Hiei drew his sword without warning and attacked the still trndforming youkai. His attack was blocked by a black staff, which Serena suddenly pulled out of nowhere. A fight ensuded, Lupine Youkai verses Fire Youkai, staff verses sword.

From the shadows the form of another wolf demon watched the two duke it out,"Very good, soon all will fall into place. Kuronoue, if only could see her now." With that the demon vanished into the shadows.
Serena finally surrendered, leaning on her staff for support,"I'm still not at full strength, not to mention rusty." She sat down on the rock she'd been laying on a few minutes ago.

"So,"Hiei watched the demoness intently,"how do you know Kurama."

Serena was caught off gouard by her 'friend's' question,"Wh...What do you mean?"

"You're more protective of him than the rest of us combined, plus you know everything about him, and you still call him Shuuichi half the time."

"Guilty,"Serena smiled weaklly,"Kurachi, my nickname for him, was my best friend when I was little. His mother raised me, or helped. I could take care of myself to a degree. Even then I could fight, pretty well. Till plant boy got full control of his powers again, evil plants, I could kick his butt. It was a blast knowing I could beat a powerful fox youkai, in human form or not. I thought I would die the day I had that vision."

"Vision?"Hiei sat down next to the yound demon, she was looking at a tattoo of a familiar rose whip wrapped around her arm, red marks and lines from the tips of the thorns created the illision of blood, something that had probably driven Yukina nuts. It led to her upper arm to another tattoo, a silver cresent moon with a blood red rose inside it.

"I've been having dreams about the future since I was a pup. I could never control them, or keep them from happening. I saw Kurachi's human father die the night before it happened. I tried to stop him, he went anyway. I cried for hours, then the call came. He was dead. I cried for three days straight. That was the first dream, the first vision. After that the dreams just didn't stop coming. I would wake up in the middle of the night crying. Kurama was always there though. I'm not sure if he realized I was having visions, or just bad dreams. I would stay with him at night, it was the onl place I was comfortable, and the dreams weren't as painful. Then, one night, my world came crashing down. I had a dream, worse than any other. I got swept away in a blue fireball. I woke up in tears, and it happened. Something snapped, that was the first time I took my demon form. No one saw me, but I ran. I spent the next wekk up in a tree. Then the day came where I knew I'd have to leave. I brought Kurama here, to this very rock table. He drew the first copy of this tattoo on my arm. I never told him I was a demon, I was afraid I might freak him out. I was the first one he told about his 'past'. I don't know why I scared, I just was. Before I even knew what was happening, this huge blue fireball came out of nowhere and carried me to Kooromie, where I met Yukina. She became my strength, my only friend. A few months later I had a vision of Hina killing herself, I ran again, and met you. You know the story from there."

"All too well."Hiei watched Serena, she just stared blankly at the ground,"You wish you told him."

"Maybe then I wouldn't have become a slave to that bastard. He would have come after me, and found me. You would have helped, I know. Instead I let my fears get the best of me."

"There is no one who does not carry scars on their heart. Kurama still blames himself for Kuronoue's death, Yukina is regretting trying to help you escape, even I do."

"Like not telling Yukina that you two are twins?"Hiei went bug eyed and gave her a 'tell her and you die' look, making Serena smile,"The nose knows. You two may be two different demons, but you still smell close to the same. I've known since the day I met you."

"I swear you tell her and I will slit your throat."Hiei threatened.

"What's your problem? Scared?"Serena teased. Hiei pointed to his third eye, and Serena gave an understanding nod,"I told you getting the damn thing was a bad idea. There's always a catch. I'll make you a deal, I come out of hiding and show myself to Yukina, you tell her the truth. If that guy comes after you, which I doubt will happen, I'll kill him the moment I smell him."

"You don't even know his scent."

"I'll know. Now, do we have a deal?"

Hiei thought for a moment,'Pro-Finally admit who I am to Yukina Con-Risk getting killed Pro-See Yukina happy Con-Risk Yukina rejection Pro-Serena will FINALLY have someone else to bug Con-Painful death by sister for keeping a secret from her' About this time Hiei received an evil glare from Serena, 'Pro-Live to see Yukina fall in love Pro-Live to find my own love Pro-Live trough tonight' "Deal."

"Finally."Serena rolled her eyes,"I thought I'd have to threaten you."

"The last time you threatened me I ended up with a sword embedded in my side, a dagger in my shoulder, and a broken leg."

Serena just smirked and looked at the sky,"The sun will be rising soon. You've gotta start worrying about finding Mohroh. I've got my own problems to worry about right now."

"Like telling Yukina the truth?"Hiei glared at the young demoness.

"That goes double for you."Serena hissed,"Tell Kurachi that you took me to the vet." With that she ran off into the distance.

"Sometimes I worry about her."hiei rolled his eyes,"Then I remember she's more of a danger to me than to herself. I'm going to regret this someday."