Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thirteen Fates 1: Siren's Song ❯ Let The Trouble Begin ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
'Come on, thre's gotta be something here.'Serena mentally hissed, scrolling down a page on Shiori's computer,'Four hours and I've still got nothing. This is getting old.'

The door suddenly opened and slammed shut in the next room. On reflex Serena turned off the computer screen and reverted back to her wolf form, then went to check it out.

'Just Kurama,'she thought, noticing her best friend rummaging through his stuff,'but something smells wrong.'

Serena let out a soft whimper, and Kurama turned around,"There you are." He bent down and gently scratched her behind the ears,"I'm gonna be gone for awhile, I need you to take care of my mother."

'What's wrong Kurachi?'Serena mentally asked, licking his hand.

"You want to know where I'm going, don't you?"Serena nodded,"You aren't a regular wolf, are you?"Serena nodded again,"Ok, someone's kidnapped Maya, and taken her to Makai, the demon world. I need to go after her."

Serena let out an annoyed growl, partially because Maya didn't deserve rescuing in her eyes, and partially because she didn't want Kurama to go,'Great, now he's gonna go get himself killed over some baka nigen who can't take care of herself. Human emotions are a pain.'

Kurama smiled weakly at Serena then walked out the door. As soon as Kurama was out of ear shot Hiei walked out of the shadows,"That can't be good."

"You're going with him?"Serena asked, pawing at the ground.

"As long as you are."Hiei smirked,"And no, Yukina is not coming."

"Yes she is."Serena returned to her human form and glared down at Hiei.

"No she isn't."

"Yes she is."

"Is not."

"Is to."

"Is not."

~*~Fifteen minutes later~*~

"Is to."Serena hissed.

"Is not!"Hiei snapped.

"Is not."

"Is to."

"HA! I win!"Serena smirked.

"Bitch, fine, but if she gets hurt I'll make sure you NEVER get to talk to Kurama again."Hiei rolled his eyes,"The rest of the Spirit Detctives will go along as well. Maya was taken to the palace, you know every trap door in the hell hole."

"I'll meet you at Gengkai's temple."Serena walked outside and let out an annoyed sigh,"I'm going to regret this."

"I'm going to regret this."Hiei watched Serena walk down the street towards the temple,"Baka lupine girl."

"Baka short fire demon."Serena muttered,"I've got ears ya know."

~*~Half an hour later~*~

The Spirit Detectives are gathered at Genkai's temple, including Yukina.

"So, you think whoever it was is a demon?"Kuwabara asked, looking at the extreamly worried Kurama.

"They took her to the Makai palace,"Hiei rolled his eyes,"I doubt it was anything but."

"But no one knows how to navigate through the palace,"Yusuke pointed out,"and we'll need to be able to escape fast if we're caught."

"I've already got that taken care of."Hiei smirked,"If the baka would ever get here."

"I heard that."Kurama jumped at the familiar voice, well, slightly familiar.

"It's about time,"Hiei rolled his eyes as a figure stepped out of the shadows, face covered by the hood of her black cloak,"Seren."

"Shut up Hiei."'Serena walked over and glared down at Hiei, her voice, now much more masculine, sounded like Kuronoue's,"I'm not afraid to kill you."

'He sounds like Kuronoue.'Kurama thought,'But that's impossible.'

'Why does that voice sound familiar?'Kuwabara thought, watching Serena intently.

'I'm losing it.'was the only thing that went through Yusuke's mind as he watched this new demon,"Who, what exactly are you?"

"My name is Seren."

"He is a Makai theif and a poweful demon. If anyone can lead us through the palace, it's him."Hiei explained.

"I only used to live there."Serena muttered sarcasticly.

"Marinak won't be happy to see you again."Hiei pointed out.

"And I won't be happy to see his ugly mug either."Serena looked at Yukina,"And he DEFFINATELY won't be happy to see you, Yuki-girl."

Yukina went wide eyed,'Yuki-girl, but, it can't be.'

"Yes Yukina, it can."Hiei smirked,"I told you the stupid lupine was a pain to kill."

Yukina just nodded, in a slightly dazed state,'Serena was with us this whole time?!'

Serena nodded, Hiei and Yukina could both tell she was smirking,"So, are we gonna go or do you want Maya killed?"

"What do you think?"Yusuke rolled his eyes.

"Baka ningen."Hiei and Serena both muttered under their breath.

"All right, this portal will send you to the forest outside the palace. You're on your own from there."Botan explained.

"You're trusting him?"Kuwabara yelped,"What if he's evil?!"

"Shut up, Kuwabara."Serena snapped, doing her best to keep her voice in line,"How hell do you put up with these things?"

"No clue."Hiei rolled his eyes,"Can we just go?"

"Please."

~*~Makai palace~*~

"So, the mighty Kurama returns?"a dark figure stood over a crystal ball, looking at the conversation going on in the human world,"The humans have weakened you, your love will bring you down. And Seren, whoever you are, you better stay out of my way."

"My lord?"

"Good, Jakkin, you are here. Send the troops to meet them tomorrow morning."

"Yes Lord Marinak."