Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Thirteen Fates 1: Siren's Song ❯ Confessions ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorry the last chapter was so short, I had to fight off my cousin, write, and plan her suprise party with Anut Kaily *gets hit with a flying gold eye* Aunt KAIL, there happy?! at the same time. Ok, back to the story

Kurama stood the edge of the clearing where Kuronoue had been killed,'Sixteen years since it all fell apart, it's hard to believe.'

"He must have been a very good friend."Kurama jumped at hearing the slightly off Kuronue voice of Serena.

"He was."Kurama replied weakly,"One of the best."

Serena put her hand on Kurama's shoulder,"Even if they're dead, the ones we care about are never really gone. They're always with us, giding and protecting."

Kurama nodded,"It's just hard, I should have been able to save him."

"We all have regrets, Kurama,"Serena's heart was screaming tell him, but her mind was saying no,"besides, some thing happen for a reason. Isn't it true that the reason that hunter got you was because you were still out of it from seeing Kuronoue die?"

Kurama nodded,"And I was forced to take the form of a human."

"Where you met Serena."

"How do you......."Kurama spun around, grazing his shoulder on one of Sernea's claws.

Serena finally gave in to her emotions, and let her voice fall,"I have my ways."

Kurama went wide eyed and found himself at a loss for words. After about two minutes of struggling with his voice,"Serena?"

"The one and only."Serena smiled weakly.

"But then you're a......"Kurama was cut off by Serena's hand.

"Yes, I'm a demon."Serena turned around and stared at the ground,"I don't know why, I was so scared to tell you."She pulled off her black hood, letting her ankle-length black and white hair go free, along with two wolf ears, one black, and one white.

"There's more, isn't there?"Kurama asked.

Serena turned back to him, revealing her sharp amethyst eyes. Kurama almost jumped in suprise at her resemblance to Kuronue."Ok, what?"

'First she sounds like him, now she looks like him.'Kurama thought,"You just look like someone."

"Kuronoue?"Serena gave a wiry smile,"Hiei yelled at me for my voice. I swear I didn't do that on purpose. That's just the way it came out."

Kurama nodded,"Why does everything have to remind me of my past?"

"Because your past is part of who you are."Serena put a clawed hand on her friend's shoulder and looked across the clearing,"And I don't think your past is done with you yet."

Kurama followed his friend's gaze, on the other side of the clearing a huge gold wolf stood,"Mohroh?"

The gold wolf jumped at them and morphed into a woman with waiste-length gold hair and caring amethyst eyes,"It's been a long time, Kurama, Serena."

"You two know eachother?"Kurama asked.

"No."Serena gave the elder wolf a strange look.

"You don't know me, Serena, but I know you."Mohroh smiled.

"Is there a reason you're risking the spirit detctives catching you?"Kurama asked.

"Can I help it if I want to see the two biggest parts of my life?"

'She's a wolf like Mohroh, but she's got Kuronoue's looks.' "Is there something you forgot to tell me, Mohroh?"Kurama almost hissed.

"No."Mohroh said quickly.

Serean rolled her eyes,"Even I can tell you're lying."

Kurama glanced from one wolf to the other,'Those eyes, that's why Serena looked familiar the first time I saw her, she's the perfect mix of Mohroh and Kuronoue. It all fits together, Mohroh leaving, Serena ending up with me.' "Serena is your daughter, isn't she?"

Serena went wide eyed and Mohroh simply nodded,"I guess spending time in the human world really does pay off. Yes, Serena is my daughter."

"Well, I think I've had enough suprises for one night."Serena rolled her eyes,"Anything else you might want to tell me?"

"You think YOU'VE had enough suprises?"Kurama grabbed one of Serena's ears and lightly pulled it, receiving an annoyed growl,"You didn't just find you long-lost best friend, find out she's a wolf demon and the daughter of your other two best friends."

"Let go of my ear."Serena snarled,"Now, MOTHER, is there a REAL reason for you being here?"

"To help you."Mohroh gave an almost Youko Kurama smile,"Besides, what better excuse to be close to the people I care about?"

"Very funny, Mohorh."Kurama rolled his eyes,"You're taking a big risk."

"I took a big risk leaving you, and leaving Serena in the human world."Mohroh snorted,"I take risks every day."

"Ok, explain why you're going after those pendants."Serena hissed.

"How'd you....."then Kurama's brain kicked in,"how many forms can you take, wolf girl."

"Three,"Serena smirked,"human, demon, and wolf."

"Smart girl, for being raised by humans."Mohroh teased,"I'll tell you in due time why I am gathering the pendants, Serena."

"So, there you are."the trio turned to see a VERY agitated Hiei behind them,"I thought you said you were going to catch some dinner, not argue with a wanted demon."

"Shut up Hiei."Serena hissed,"Besides, you have something you need to do."

"And what is that?"Kurama asked, interested at Serena's playful tone.

"Yukina."Serena's voice was full of laughter.

Hiei groaned,"You don't forget anything, do you?"

"No, she has her father's memory,"Kurama rolled his eyes,"and her mother's attitude."

"Too true,"Mohroh smiled,"she's too much like her father for her own good."

"Ok, now what are you up to Serena?"Kurama hissed.

"We made a deal, I tell Yukina I'm alive, Hiei tells her the truth about who he is."Serena smirked, receiving an 'I'll-kill-you' glare from Hiei.

"Fine, later."Hiei snarled.

"You'd better do it, too."Serena hissed angrily.

"Yes, ma'am."Hiei gave the girl a false salute,"Now let's go."

"Bite me."Serena snorted.

~*~Back at the Spirit Detectives' camp~*~

Yukina leaned against a tree, looking at her pendant. On the other side of a large fire, courstesy of Hiei, Kuwabara was in ANOTHER argument with Yusuke over who was the number one juvinile delinquent.

'Why do they argue so much?'Yukina couldn't help but smile at them though, fighting had become a part of her life since Serena's appearance,'How did Serena put it? The more things change, the more they stay the same. I thought my world had changed forever, then, I turn around and everything is just like before, of course, then Serena wasn't hiding who she was. I wonder if she ever found her friend.'

"Like you could ever beat me!"Yusuke shouted.

"All right, right here, right now!"Kuwabara snapped.

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!!!!"

Everyone turned to see a VERY pissed Serena, once again using her Kuronoue voice, walk out of the shadows, closely followed by Hiei, Kurama, and the beautiful, golden haired Mohroh.

"You want to get us caught?!"Hiei snarled.

"There's demons in that castle that could hear a pin drop in the middle of Tokyo during rush hour!"Mohroh snapped.

"And who is this?"Yusuke asked.

"This,"Serena rolled her eyes, noting the recognition in Yukina's ruby eyes,"oh brilliant one, is Mohroh, one of the best theives in Makai."

A muffled gasp came from Yukina, who had covered her mouth,'She looks so much like Serena now that I get a good look at her.'

"Well, what's she doin' here?"Kuwabara asked lazily.

"She's here to help."Hiei stated simply.

"Yukina,"Serena asked,"can I talk to you?"

Yukina nodded and followed the wolf demon into the forest. Hiei, Kurama, and Mohroh quickly turned to follow.

"I don't want to know what they're up to."Yusuke growled.