Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To Come Back ❯ You're Back! ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
After nine years, Kei had become stronger and so has her friendship with Jin and Touya. The three were like brothers and sister, inseparable. Touya was her protector and Jin was simply comic relief. She had kept these two in her heart but never removed Youko from that special place there. Something inside told her that something had happened to him but the two would be reunited once again.

Now, Team Mashoutoukai was on the ferry to Hanging Neck Isle, anticipating the upcoming dangers and fights. Kei sat on the railing, ignoring Touya's lecture on what would happen if she fell, and thinking about how she would soon be in the arms of her Youko again. When they reached the island, the team went to the hotel to drop off their belongings before they explore the island or check out their opponents. Kei didn't waste time trying to find out who her opponent was. After all, she was only a substitute. She walked around the hotel, desperate to find Youko. She was walking through the lobby when she felt his youki. Kei immediately began to walk towards the power of her lost love and gasped at the site. She saw 5 men and 1 short person that she could not identify as male or female, none of them looked like her Youko. One man had brown eyes and slicked back hair, another had orange hair that came down to cover his forehead, the third had fiery red eyes and spiky, black hair, a man that she recognized as Koenma, prince of the spirit world, and the last man had red hair and beautiful green eyes. Youko's youki came from this young man. Kei denied the possibility that Youko could have died and had been reincarnated into the ningen boy. Before she could flee to her room, the boy noticed her and smiled at her. She blushed as the boy started to walk towards her. Kei tried to move away but she couldn't, soon enough, he had reached her. "Hello!" he said.

Kei thought in her mind "He doesn't recognize me." before saying "H. Hello."

My name is Kurama. What is yours, may I ask?"

Kei regained her composure and began talking normally and said "You may ask. And my name is Kei."

Kurama's eyes widened a bit and he thought "Kei?! Is it really you?!" He swallowed and said "It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too."

Koenma noticed her and walked to Kurama's side. He said "I see that you are well, Kei."

Kei's nervousness disappeared because she was around her old friend. "And you as well, Koenma." she replied.

"I also see that you still have this old sword with you." He gestured towards the Element Sword sheathed at her hip, opposite of the blood red jewel that held the red clothe that wrapped around her hips.

A jewel of the same color was located below Kei's throat, keeping her midnight black cloak around her shoulders. Koenma could have sworn that the jewel had suddenly turned blue, but only for a split second. Little did he know, the jewel reflected her feelings, the blue meant that she was sad inside. He removed this thought from his mind when Kei said "I'll treasure this sword. Without it, I wouldn't have met the one person that I've ever admired."

Kurama became curious and asked "How did you two meet?"

"I am a former thief. I stole this sword and became the most wanted thief in all of Makai. But I yielded that title back to Youko Kurama, the real most wanted thief in all of Makai. I paid my debt to Koenma, who let me keep the sword as a. friendship gift."

Koenma nodded and agreed. Kurama understood, Koenma and Kei were just old friends, and said "I see."

"I'm sorry but I have to go. My team are expecting me for a team meeting. We can catch up on a few things later, Koenma." And with that, Kei took her leave.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Kei ran up to her room, locked the door, and threw herself on her bed. She stared at the ceiling and thought "Youko. Please don't be dead. I'm sorry I ever left you. I shouldn't have left in the first place."

A few tears ran down her cheeks and she wiped them away, she didn't want anybody to think that she could cry, even if nobody was there to see her tears. She walked to the window, flung it open, and jumped out. Her room was 5 floors from the ground but she still landed on her feet. People that were standing outside stared at her, including Team Urameshi, who was looking for a place to train. Kei had not noticed anybody and ran into the forest, trying to find a place where can safely release her held-back tears. Kurama looked as she fled and thought "Kei. Where are you going and what are you going to do?"

Without thinking, Kurama ran into the forest after her, ignoring his team, who were calling his name. He ran until he found her in a tree, crying and whispering Youko's name in between gasps for breathes. Kurama looked up at her with worried eyes and said "Why are you crying, Kei? You were never the crying type."

Kei looked at him with empty eyes, emotionless eyes and said "How would you know?..."

Kurama realized that he still looked like himself and transformed into Youko. Kei's eyes widened and she stammered "Yo. Youko?!"

He nodded, smiled, and spread his arms, waiting for her embrace. Kei jumped down on her feet and ran towards him. She threw her arms around him and buried her face in his chest, weeping for she had finally found her lost love. Youko buried his face in her hair and said "Kei. It's been so long. And I'm sorry."

Kei looked up at him with concerned eyes and said "Why should you be sorry? I'm the one that left you. I wish I never had, Youko."

"Kei. You don't understand."

"What's wrong, Youko?"

Youko tried to find a nice way to say this and said "14 years ago. A year after you left. I was walking around the forest, minding my own business, thinking about you, and holding the rose you left. A. A hunter came and. Killed me. The last thing I said, Kei, was your name, holding the rose that you left with me. I tried my best to stay alive for you but. I failed. I decided to take the rose with me. To the spirit world."

Youko reached into his pocket and took out a rose. Kei stared at it and said "It's the rose I left for you."

Youko nodded and continued with his story. "It died with me, Kei. This is what convinced Koenma to allow me to be reincarnated. in this ningen body. named Kurama. And ever since then. I've been living a childhood that wasn't mine. Waiting to return to Makai and wait for you."

Kei kissed his cheek and said "I'm sorry I left, Youko. I thought you wouldn't like me anymore if you got hurt again because of me. In the years we've been apart. I've been thinking about you and how stupid I was for leaving you. But. I found the Element Sword and I've become stronger. So now, I can prove that I'm worthy to join the clan. I believe that Kuronue heads it now."

Youko put her chin in his hand and said "I don't care about the Element Sword or your strength anymore. All I care about now. is you and my friends."

Kei hugged him more and said "I'm sorry and I forgive you."

Youko closed his eyes, kissed her forehead and said "I'm sorry and I forgive you, too."