Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To Come Back ❯ Pain and Envy ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Kei sat on her bed and was deep in thought. She knew Karasu's team consisted of the Toguro brothers, a man named Bui, her brother, and Sakyo. Something told her that Sakyo's plan has something to do with the Tournament. Then it hit her. Sakyo doesn't go to Tournaments like these unless he had made a bet. He was always a man that didn't go without his bets and antes. And Koenma, what was he doing here? He is supposed to be in Spirit World doing his "paper work". Unless. Of course. Sakyo had made a bet to Koenma. And to have a bet with a powerful man like Koenma is to bet your "life". Sakyo's plan flowed through her mind like water. It was all making sense now. She had to talk to Sakyo. Luckily, she knew he had an office somewhere on the top floor of the hotel, where the Tournament Committee and their guests stayed. Kei hurried to the top floor so she can talk with a man she never thought she would ever talk to willingly, Sakyo.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sakyo was watching a screen that showed the fights that were going on currently when he heard a knock from his door. "Come in." he said, not wanting to move from his current position.

The knob turned and the door was opened slowly. 'It must be Toguro.' Sakyo thought.

To his surprise, Toguro was not the one at the door, but Kei, the one he loved. Her eyes were covered by her bangs and her arms her hanging by her sides, fists clenched. Sakyo smiled and said "Why, Kei, how nice of you to come. To what do I owe this little visit?"

Slowly, she walked to the middle of the room and stopped 3 feet in front of his desk. She said "What happened to you, Sakyo? What happened to the kind, warm-hearted Sakyo I fell in love with 20 years ago? Ever since your 'master plan' came to the surface, I've been afraid of you. You changed after that day. I didn't like it. You were so obsessed that you nearly forgot about me. By the time you realized how much you loved me, I was too scared to go back to you."

"I'm sorry, Kei, but I can't answer that at the moment."

"Then tell me about this plan of yours. And why have you bet your life with Prince Koenma? Tell me."

"I knew you would find out sooner or later. The bet was this: if Team Toguro wins the Tournament, Prince Koenma would lay off my back but if Team Urameshi wins the Tournament, I have to commit suicide. This will help me with my plan if I win the bet, you see?"

"Then what does all this have to do with my older brother? You tell me that! I want to know!"

"Your older brother?"

"Karasu. I believe that he is part of 'your' team. He has told me that if he loses in one of his battles, Toguro will kill him. What is the meaning of this?"

"This has nothing to do with me."

"You're lying between your teeth, Sakyo."

"No I am not, my dear. This sort of thing requires a talk with Toguro, not me."

"That's all I wanted to hear. I'm leaving."

"Aw. No goodbye kiss or something along the lines of "Goodbye, dear Sakyo"?

"Keep dreaming, kisama."

Kei left the room that held a devastated Sakyo and a flickering screen which had been damaged when a fireball accidentally hit the camera connected to it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*wanted to kill Toguro with all her heart. She hoped that he would go to Limbo when he died. Kami-sama curse him to hell! Kei hated Toguro for taking her brother away from her. He was the only one she had. Her mother and father died trying to protect them when they were still young. She loved her older brother with all her heart, and now, when they were just reunited, he has to die, right in front of her eyes, by the one she loved! It was a total outrage! How can Toguro do such a thing, separate two family members that had nothing else except for each other?!

Kei punched the wall in frustration, leaving a large indent on the spot she had punched. "Toguro! How dare you ruin my life?!" she yelled in anger.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Toguro turned around. He could have sworn that someone called his name. Was it Sakyo? Nah, it couldn't be. Who could be calling his name at a time like this?

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kei was breathing heavily after pulverizing the wall with her fist. "How *punch* dare *punch* he?! *fire engulfed punch*"

Kei began to punch the wall again and again unil someone put their hand on her shoulder. She took a deep breathe and said "Nandayo?!" in a very annoyed tone. (A.N.: Nandayo means "What do you want?")

The man put his mouth near her ear and said "I just want to spend some time with you."

Kei realized that it was Kurama and relaxed. Kei stood at his side, his arm around her waist, and they walked towards the forest. They reached a full-grown sakura tree where they sat at the base of the trunk. Kei rested her head in his shoulder and her wrapped his arms around her. "Now tell me, what's wrong?" he said in a soft voice.

Kei began to cry and she said "It's Toguro... He's ruining my life... He's going to kill Karasu no matter what and he's taken Sakyo as well... I still care about Sakyo but this Sakyo is not 'my' Sakyo... I hate him... I hate Toguro..."

Kurama put his finger under her chin and nudged her face up, causing her to look into his deep, green eyes. He kissed her and said "It's alright... I'm here..."

Kei wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled herself up so she was sitting on his lap. She buried her face in his neck and cried. The pain hurt her... More than it hurt to be injured... She envied Touya, he had it going better than she.