Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To Come Back ❯ Two Brothers, One Sister ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
That night, Kurama left so he wouldn't worry his team mates and Kei went to her room. She sighed as she took out something that brought beautiful memories back. It was a necklace that she managed to steal from Youko's secret stash of treasure. It was beautifully wrought white gold with a pendant of a rose bud from a bird's eye view. In the center of the bud was an emerald as green as Kurama's eyes. It reminded her of Youko and how he used his Rose Whip when she saw him train in the forest. When he caught her, he would always ask her if she needed anything, loving concern in his beautiful, golden eyes.

Someone knocked on her door and she quickly put the necklace away. Kei opened the door to reveal Touya. "May I speak with you, Kei?" he asked.

"Sure. Come in."

"Thanks." was all he said when he took a seat on her bed.

Kei sat down beside him and looked at him with a worried face. He had a serious expression on his face. Usually, when he was around her, he would be happy and free-spirited. "So. You found Youko, didn't you, Kei?"

"Yes, I've found him at long last."

Touya put his arms around her neck and hugged her briefly. He said "It's very good to know that my little sister isn't lonely anymore. I love you as if we were really related, Kei. Don't feel lonely anymore. You have the one you love and we have each other forever more."

Kei hugged him as well and cried, overjoyed by his words. She said "Thank you, onii-san. I love you, Touya. Don't you ever leave me."

"I won't, nee-chan. We may be complete opposites when it comes to our kind but we are exactly alike when it comes to who we are. That is my bond with you. Thus, I can never leave you."

"Thank you, onii-san."

"No, I thank you, nee-chan, for teaching me how living is supposed to be like."

~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning, Team Mashoutoukai was going to fight their first match. They were going to fight against Team Uraotogi. Unbeknownst to Kei, a treasured old friend was watching her.

Despite the fact that Kei was a substitute and nobody on the team was injured or sick, Rishou still made Kei come with them to the arena. Using her black magic, Kei allowed herself to sit while floating in the air, instead of standing up and having her muscles cramp up from standing too much. Jin floated in the air beside her and Touya stood on her other side, his face stained with anxiety. Kei noticed this and said "Don't worry too much, onii-san. I know you can get through this without any problem at all."

Touya smiled at her and murmured his thanks. He tensed up again when the opposing team entered the arena. Kei dropped herself from the air when she saw someone that she hadn't seen in centuries, making Jin chuckle a bit and Touya to kneel down and ask her if she was alright. She stared at only one person, Karasu. Karasu was her only older brother. The two siblings were seperated centuries ago. Apparently, he noticed her and stared at her as well. "Karasu." she murmured under her breath.

He stared at her and murmured her name under his breath. Kei promised to herself that she would talk to him soon and began to watch the fight between Touya and Makintaro. She worried about her 'big brother' the whole time through. Touya fought hard and was injured but he still pulled through and won the match. He jumped from the fighting ring with a crushed left arm and a bruised right leg. Kei ran to him and caught him before he hit the ground. "Are you alright, Touya?" she asked him.

He shook his head and she hoisted him up so his weight leaned on Kei's shoulders. Jin was going to go with them to the hotel but Kei told him to stay. "You still have to fight!" she said, "Win this one for Touya, would you? And do me a favor, Jin?"

"Sure anything." he replied.

"There is a man in the crowds. He is wearing all black attire and a mask. He has jet black hair and black eyes. He is my brother. Tell him to meet me in one of the ball rooms after this fight is over."

Jin nodded and Kei got Rishou's approval to take Touya to get his wounds treated. On her way up to the hotel, Kei heard Touya mumble "I can't die. I need to protect Kei. Can't. die. yet."

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kei brought Touya up to his room and cleaned his wounds as he breathed heavily. He was sweating, trying to fight off the pain. She was about to wrap the wounds with linen when she heard a knock on the door. She opened the door to reveal Kurama. Kei was a bit surprised and said "Why, Kurama. What a surprise."

Kurama had a serious look on his face and he said "I saw you leave the arena with Touya and I saw his injuries. Let me help you, I brought several healing herbs with me."

Kei threw her arms around his neck and said "Oh, thank you, Kurama! Touya is just like a brother to me. I won't let him die."

"You're welcome, Kei. Now, where are his wounds?"

"His left arm is crushed and his right leg is bruised all over. He's sweating and breathing heavily from the pain."

Kurama took several herbs from a pouch at his waist and crushed them in a small bowl. He mixed it with some water, creating a potion that will help Touya's wounds. He slowly poured the concoction down Touya's throat and in a matter of minutes, Touya's sweating stopped and his breathing returned to it's normal rate. Kei kissed her 'older brother's' forehead and ran her fingers through his hair. Kurama placed a hand on her shoulder and said "Come, we should let him have his rest. He deserves it."

Kei nodded, took his hand, and they both walked out of the room and into Kei's. Youko was a bit rained for his team fought before Kei's and he had some injuries. "Thank Kami-sama that they aren't serious!" Kei thought as he transformed into the person she loved most.

Kei sighed with regret and said "Not now, Youko. I have some things I need to discuss with my older brother."

Youko looked at her with a confused expression and said "You have a brother? How is it that I've never met him?"

"We were both separated centuries ago when some man named Toguro took him away because of his fighting abilities. We never had any means of communication and we never saw each other until an hour ago, when I was out near the arena. I need to speak with him. I hope you understand. I want to spend as much time with you as I can. but he's the only one I've got."

Youko hugged her and said "I understand. I'll talk to you later, okay? I need to meet up with Hiei and the others."

"Alright."

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kei immediately went to the ballroom, she was perfectly sure that Karasu would be there. Kei didn't search long, she found it on the third level. He had his back towards her and didn't notice her arrival. Tears brimmed at the sides of Kei's eyes when she ran towards him, wrapped her arms around her waist, and buried her face in his back. "Onii-san." she whispered to him.

Karasu turned around and found his little sister hugging him tightly. "Kei, I've finally found you after all these years. You've certainly grown."

"She looked up at him and said "I'll have to say the same about you. I've missed you so much. How have you been?"

"Can we talk somewhere private?"

"Sure." she said, obviously confused.

The two of them went to the forest so no one would overhear their conversation. Karasu took off his mask and looked down at his beloved little sister, sorrow was noticeable in his dark eyes. "I'm sorry. but I won't be here much longer, Kei."

Kei looked at him, more confusion was clouding her mind. "What. are you talking about?... What do you mean?"

Karasu hugged her briefly and said "I'm but a slave for Toguro, the man that separated us. I fight for him. If I lose a match and live, he'll surely kill me. I have a schedule for all my future battles. The one that interests me most. is one named Kurama-"

Karasu was cut off by Kei when she said "Kurama. is the one I love, onii-san. In the centuries that we were apart, I fell in love with him and he fell in love with me."

"Good. I would be better off him killing me than Toguro."

"No, onii-san! You can't die on me now! You just can't!"

"I'm sorry, Kei. I have no choice. Listen. Toguro has his eyes on some ningen boy named Yusuke Urameshi. Help him in some way kill Toguro after I've died. I love you, nee-chan, and nothing is going to change that."

Karasu kissed her cheek and hugged her. Kei buried her face in his arm and cried her heart out. With a heavy heart, Karasu left her and went back to the hotel. One last tear dropped to the ground before Kei walked back to the hotel herself.