Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To Come Back ❯ A Haunting Past ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Kei woke up the next day very early in the morning. She quickly dressed into a dark, blood red sleeveless shirt, a rose pattern on her right breast, and black, baggy pants. She wrapped a black cloak around her neck and let a little of her front show from between the folds. Then, she wrapped a rose red scarf around her neck, hiding the messy folds of her cloak. Finally, she took her sword, clasped it onto her belt, and polished the jewel in the hilt. She quickly wrote a note to Touya and Jin that said:

To Touya and Jin.
I'm going out to train for a while. If you want to train with me, meet me at the practice arenas behind the hotel. I might be bored of the weaklings by the time you guys arrive. From Kei.

Kei silently slid her window open and jumped out, landing on her feet gracefully. She walked towards the fields behind the hotel and found several arenas back there. She closed her eyes and sensed several weak auras around trying to shield themselves. She felt the auras from the back of the second arena so she walked towards them. She stopped a foot from the fearful demons and said calmly "Show yourselves. Don't pretend that you aren't there because I know you are."

Suddenly, three humans appeared. One had messy, light brown hair, another had long brown hair, and the last had black hair and a mustache. The one with the long hair said "Look boys, we have company."

Kei flinched and said "I'm just here to train. Nobody hides themselves unless they have a reason to watch someone or sneak up on someone. So why were you attempting shielding yourselves, ningens?"

"We weren't shielding ourselves. Our master was. He does not want demons to destroy us because he has a proposition for us."

The one with black hair scolded his long haired companion. "We cannot have anybody know. Now shut up and let us leave."

The three walked off and Kei was left with 4 empty arenas to herself. She walked onto one of them and sat in the middle, meditating. She sat there for half an hour straight without any disturbances until she felt a familiar aura to her right. She opened her right eye in annoyance and what she saw made her gasp and open both her eyes wide. She saw a tall man with jet black hair and electric blue eyes. He wore a black suit and a just as dark black tie. He walked towards her with a sly smile. Kei was frozen at the spot she was in. When he reached her, he knelt down beside her, looked her straight in the eye, and said "Well, it's been a long time. Hasn't it, Kei?"

Kei glared at him and said "Sakyo. What are you doing here?"

"I was merely taking a walk when I saw your beautiful face, my love."

"Former love would be more the term and I meant why are you here, at the Dark Tournament?"

"I'm hurt. Speaking of why I am here, I have a proposition to fulfill. This concerns the master plan that I thought up when I met you. And lo and behold, I have found you once and for all."

Kei growled at him and said in her threatening tone "I told you, Sakyo, I have no interests in crazy men that plan to mix one kind with the opposing other. You cannot have me."

He hooked his finger under her chin and nudged her face to look up at him. He said "Who's is going to stop me, Kei? I would love to know who you've been with for 16 years."

"Why do I have the feeling that if I tell you, you will kill the ones I love?"

"Because you know I can and I will if I have to."

"You wouldn't dare."

Sakyo put a sly smile on his face and said "Oh, I dare, my dear Kei."

She pulled her face away but he roughly grabbed her chin and made her look at him. Their eyes locked, Sakyo's crazy blue ones with Kei's fiery red ones. He quickly kissed her and smiled in the kiss as he saw her eyes widen. When he withdrew, she slapped him, but not hard. Her voice reached another level of anger as she said "How dare you?"

"You've forgotten, Kei. I'm a crazy man that won't quit until I have you. If I can't have you, Kei, then no one can."

"You're too late, Sakyo! Now, leave me be for good!"

Kei stood up and left Sakyo, who was still kneeling there with a smile on his face. He thought "I'll have you soon, Kei. Count on it."

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kei ran back to the hotel and jumped to her window sill. She found Touya and Jin in the room, they just started to read the note she found. She smirked and said "It took you a while to find that note."

"We just woke up." Touya replied.

Jin yawned and said "How can ya wake up so early, Kei? The sun started rising just a few minutes ago."

"I'm used to waking up before dawn. You should know. We've known each other for nine years and."

Jin waved his hand up and down and replied "Yeah, yeah. I'm just ignorant. You should know that, Kei. We've known each other for nine years."

Touya and Kei laughed at his repetition of her words. Kei stopped laughing and said "Anyway, there was nobody at the practice arenas so I took a walk. And then I go even more bored and came back for some breakfast."

Touya led her out of her room and said "They brought up a plate of eggs and bacon for each of us. Have your plate."

Touya handed each Jin and Kei a plate before taking his and sitting down at a table with them. Kei smirked and put her hand under the table. Touya realized what she was doing and smirked. Suddenly, Jin's plate began to float in front of his face. Touya and Kei her trying their best to keep from laughing out loud but failed when Jin looked at them with serious eyes, arms crossed, and said "Very funny, guys. I would like to eat with my food as close to the ground as it can be, please."

A burst of laughter came from Kei and Touya before she let the food down. Jin glared at them and then began to laugh himself. Together, the group of friends laughed as their memories began to replay themselves in real life.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kurama walked out of the hotel and towards the forest. He just wanted some time alone, some time to reflect on the past. He sat under a tree, caressing the rose that he had receives many years ago. He closed his eyes and racked his mind for more memories of himself and Kei. The only memory that came to mind was the time that he had read the letter that Kei gave him. The exact words echoed in his mind. His eyes flew open when the part that said "I don't want you getting hurt because of me. Everything will be clear when I explain in 15 years." came to mind.

He needed to talk to Kei and ask her what she meant by that. He stood up and sighed, trying to feel her youki and spirit. He found her and began to walk towards the hotel. He used the elevator to reach the fifth floor and walked towards the group of rooms that situated Team Mashoutoukai. Kurama reached her room and took a deep breath. He raised his fist and was about to knock on the door when Kei opened the door, followed by Touya and Jin, both boys were laughing. Kei stood there smiling and said "Hey, Kurama. Come on in."

Kurama stepped inside and said "Thank you very much, Kei."

Kei closed the door, stood at his side, and said "The one laughing is Touya and the one laughing even more is Jin. Guys, this is Kurama."

Kurama nodded and said "Pleased to meet you."

Jin offered him a seat and said "Pleased to meet ya too."

Kurama shook his head and said "No, thank you. I have something I have to discuss with Kei."

Kei looked at him with a puzzled look and said "Sorry, guys. This won't take long though. Kurama, follow me.

Kei lead Kurama to her room and closed the door. She stopped and opened the door again and said "No eavesdropping! That means you, Jin!"

She heard Touya snicker and Jin say "Aww. Always ruining my fun."

She sighed and walked back into her room. She closed the door behind her and found Kurama had returned to his Youko form. She smiled, walked up to him, and kissed him. She looked into his eyes and found confusion. She said "What's wrong, Youko?"

He sat down on her bed and offered her a seat beside him. Absent- mindedly, she sat down at his side and looked at him worry in her eyes. He said "Do you remember the note you left when you fled 15 years ago?"

Kei nodded and he continued. "I remember every word and the part that said 'I don't want you getting hurt because of me.' came to mind this morning. I wanted to talk to you because you said that you would explain everything to me."

Kei looked at him and said "Of course. A year before I met you, my 5th year of thievery, I met a man named Sakyo. He was kind and gentle around me, but when we were apart, he was evil and used people to do his dirty work. A few months after we first met, he got the idea of destroying the barrier between worlds and flood Ningenkai with demons of every kind and power. I left him and he found me days after. He told me that he loved me and I fled. I never wanted to see him again. Every other month he found me, trying to get me to love him. I told him that I wasn't interested in crazy men that planned to destroy the opposite kind but he wouldn't yield. A month before I met you, he stopped chasing me. I think he was finding some time before he takes me. I don't want you to get hurt because of his hunger for me."

Youko pulled her closer to him and held her close. He said "Don't worry, Kei. I love you and nothing is going to change that. He could see us right now for all I care. And I would still be able to defend you and me."

Kei looked up at him with sad eyes and said "He'll kill you just to get to me. I don't want you to die. a second time. And if you do die. I'm going to die with you."

Youko looked into her eyes and said "Don't die with me, Kei. I want you to enjoy your life."

"How can I enjoy it without you, my love?"

Youko enveloped her in a tight embrace and said "I don't know. But I do know that my after life in spirit world won't be enjoyable without you."

The two kissed and left the room together after Youko returned to his Kurama form. Jin was chewing some bacon that stuck out of his mouth and wriggled to his chewing. Kei saw this, ran back into her room to fetch her camera, came back, and took a picture of Jin. Jin growled, swallowed his bacon, and began to chase Kei around the apartment. Touya laughed and Kurama chuckled, watching Kei being chased. Jin was screaming "Gimme that cam'ra! Give it t'me! I swear I'll burn it, Kei, I swear!"

Kei was running, laughing, and saying "Na na na na na!!!" at the same time.

Jin jumped on her back and smiled as she fell because of the momentum of his weight. She held the camera in front of her and was screaming "Jin! I need air! I can't breathe! You're so heavy! Jin! Get off!"

Jin smiled like a cat that had just captured a mouse and said "Then gimme that cam'ra!"

Kei smirked and said "Sure. In a million years!"

She threw it behind her, over Jin's head, and straight at Kurama. Kurama caught the camera and looked up to see Jin charging at him, Kei standing up behind Jin. Kurama smirked and threw it back to Kei. Kei caught it before Jin could use his powers to catch it. She ran into her room and hid the camera. When she walked out, Jin had a murderous look on his face. "Where is that cam'ra, Kei? Give it ta me!"

Kei smirked and said "No way!"

Jin jumped on her and wrestled with her until he was caught in a death grip with Kei. She held his arms behind his back and kept him down with a knee on his spine. He whined and said "Ow, Kei! That hurts!"

Kei smirked evilly and replied with "Whoever said that it wouldn't?"

"Let me go!"

"Say 'Uncle!'"

"No!"

"Say it!"

"Ow! Uncle! Now would you please get off me!"

"Heh. Fine."

Kei released him from her grip and stood up, holding a hand out for Jin. Jin took her hand and she hoisted him up. He wore a pout that made Kei quit every time he used it. She sighed and said "Fine. I won't develop it and blackmail you with it. Not unless it is truly necessary."

Jin's expression brightened, this always made Kei feel a little bit happy, since the one that she always looked to as a brother was happy. Jin sat down on the floor like a little puppy that had just had a treat. Kei ruffled his hair before sitting down and saying "You are so out of hand sometimes."

Jin pouted again and said "What is that supposed to mean?"

Kei smiled a bit and said "Just like a child."

"Hey!"

"Oh, come on, little brother, that's how you always act."

"Did you just call me little brother? I'm not even related to you."

"You sure do act like a little brother to me."

"Oh okay."

Kurama sat beside Kei and stroked her hair. She rested her head on his shoulder and sighed. Touya smiled a bit. "So she's finally found him." he thought while looking at the couple, "A good man. for my little sister. I'll talk to her later and discuss some things."