Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Torn Apart ❯ Hiei, Control Freak ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Torn Apart by: Sakura

A/N This is becoming more of a Hiei-torture fic than an all-about-Yusuke fic. Oh well, I love torturing my baby (Yes, I'm weird, I know).

- - - - - -

"Watch your tone, boy. You wouldn't want me doing anymore harm to your three-eyed friend, would you?"

Yusuke's eyes widened then grew into an angry scowl. "What have you been doing to Hiei?"

Raizen shrugged. "I don't know. Beating him here and there." He smirked. It was disgusting; he actually seemed proud of himself. The only thing now was to figure out the how and why.

- - - - - -

(Hiei's POV)

It felt as though a great snake was constricting itself around my lungs- I could barely breathe. And I was shaking violently due to my aching body. My head pounded too. I remembered Raizen sending me a none-too-sincere telepathic message, and then falling from a chair to the floor. I had totally forgotten why I had come here, and to where Kurama was.

Then, I heard his soothing voice next to me. He was asking me something, but I couldn't hear him, just a bunch of baffled words. My Jagan Eye too, had woken from its sleep. It felt as though it was going to burst right from my forehead. Through the corner of my right eye, I saw Kurama stand up, and began chanting something- I still couldn't tell what. Next, a pink barrier began forming around me, and I noticed Kurama had used a sound-proofing charm; I must have been screaming from the shear pain.

Falling from both hands and knees, I collapsed, chest-first, onto the living room carpet. Slowly, all my pain began to vanish. Kurama lifted the barrier. I lay there awhile, trying desperately to get my breath back, just in case I got another message from Raizen. Kurama knelt beside me; I didn't really know what he was doing though. He reached out his hand to help me up, but I just stared at it. And then, finally I grabbed it.

"Are you all right, Hiei?" he asked shakily.

I wanted to say `no'. I wasn't fine; something that caused me great pain had just happened, and he was asking if I was all right? I shook my head, but answered: "Yes." I leaned my head back against the headrest of the chair I had been sitting in before. Whatever had just happened had really drained me; and I had been exhausted from the start. I guess I had fallen asleep for a brief second, when Kurama asked,

"What happened?" He must have shaken me, because I awoke with a start; his emerald eyes were inches from my ruby ones. He asked his question again.

"It was Raizen. He was telling me something- when I was about to tell you what he's been doing-" I was cut off as my head began throbbing, my eyes widening. Again, I felt my lungs getting pressed together. I hadn't had enough time to regain my strength from the last attack... I wasn't going to make it through this one...

- - - - - -

Raizen sat in the living room alone. He had the television on some ningen channel (people were sitting in chairs or fighting each other, the whole while the audience screamed something like, "Jerry!"),but he wasn't paying attention to it. He was more focused on his thoughts. He had just sent Hiei another message telepathically, along with some torturing pain.

Mentally, Raizen patted himself on the back; he was really grateful that he had met someone who could teach him powerful telepathy. He had learned it from a lowly demon, and once he mastered his training, killed the one who taught him- with his newfound power, of course. Killing people, through physical contact, just wasn't as enjoyable anymore. Telepathy made the pain worse for those with a Jagan Eye.

That was the price to pay when you got the Jagan implanted. It had a mind of its own, and whenever the Eye felt pain, so did its holder- only worse. The Jagan had the power to transfer a lot of pain to the Jaganshi (the name for the Eye's holder), therefore the Jagan was safe from dying, but Hiei was not. If Hiei died, the Jagan wouldn't. Surgically, the Eye could be removed from the fire demon and implanted into a new holder.

Raizen smirked, saying, "If he wanted to, Hiei could rip the Eye from his head with his own two hands."

"And what would happen if he did?" Yusuke stood beside the door, but was slowly making his way over to Raizen.

"Oh, but then he would bleed to death," he said in a mock-tone. "Do you want to talk to him? He could use your support, son."

Yusuke looked suspiciously at Raizen. "What do I have to do?"

"Oh, nothing. Just focus your mind on talking to him; link your minds together. No one really needs to be trained into learning telepathy, they just have to focus."

Yusuke did just as he was told. He tried focusing on Hiei's mind... to get a word in with him. Finally, he reached the core of the Jaganshi's sense. He tried to communicate.

*Hiei? Hey, can you hear me? It's Yusuke.* (Hiei's already smashed lungs pressed further into each other, causing him to turn slightly blue in the face) *Hiei!*

(Hiei tried to dislodge Yusuke's core from his own, but he was much too weak. Instead, he tried talking) *Yu-suke...stop...I can't...* Yusuke seemed to brighten inwardly as he received Hiei's message; though it was difficult to understand clearly.

"By the way Yusuke, did I tell you that every time you talk to Hiei, you're slowly killing him from the inside-out?" Only when Raizen said this, did Yusuke realize what it was Hiei had been trying to tell him. He broke their connection immediately. (Hiei fell with another heart-pounding thud; still focused on breathing)

Yusuke fumed. "Raizen, you son of a- why didn't you tell me before!" It was more of a demand than a question. The Warlord shifted his gaze towards the television, not bothering to confront Yusuke.

The black-haired boy seemed to calm down a bit, but his face still showing great loath towards his father. He thought about Hiei, only not in the crude, harsh way he had been the past few weeks; what if he had truly hurt him? Raizen had been sending the demon messages earlier, had they weakened Hiei that much, that some small talk from Yusuke was enough to kill him?

- - - - - -

Hiei lied on the ground, unable to move. He had done his best to try and stay focused on breathing, which seemed to be working; but it was still coming in smaller and smaller gasps. Kurama felt pity for the fire demon; he had no idea as to what Hiei had gone through, but he did know that everything was drained from him.

The youko walked over to Hiei, lifting his frail body into his arms. Hiei's breathing paused, afraid of what was happening, but continued as he realized that it was only Kurama who was taking him to lie down in a bed. He was gently placed on top of the covers, Kurama sitting by his feet.

He pulled a small piece of paper from his coat pocket, and put it atop Hiei's bandana. It was a mind ward. "That'll keep Raizen out of your head while you sleep. Your Jagan's sleeping already." Kurama left the room, smiling as he watched Hiei's eyes droop.

He's stable for now, the red-head told himself.

- - - - - -

A/N Shonen ai? Oh, no, of course not. But if your implemental minds want to see it that way, then I can't stop you. However you see it, is how you see it, I guess; I can't change that.

That was chapter 5. Not nearly as long as chapter 4, but I'm doing it on purpose. You know that, right? Okay, just checking.

I wub my widdle Hiei! Review for me and my plushie! If not, then you shall suffer the wrath of the angry sushi. And trust me; you don't want to meet the angry sushi. Just ask ID Thief, she had met angry sushi many times before.