Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped between two girls. ❯ Sweat-ness... ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

As Kitty rose to her feet she then carefully and quietly started to pad her way over to the kitty holding her hand out in a friendly manner. The only loud noise, that wasn't really all that loud, was a growl from her stomach.

"Shh…me won't hurt you…" She barely whispered so that the cat could just hear her. Her voice was a calm and friendly and the animal's ear twitched from the sounded of her padding feet and soothing voice. Kurama didn't dare move from seeing the look of happiness that had managed to creep up on Kitty's face as the cat didn't move when she was only a mere few inches away from her.

The cats eyes where a bright yellow that held so many emotions in it and it's tail was thumping against the ground like mad as Kitty went to go and pet her. Only, when her hand was just about to touch the top of the cat's head it sprung to its feet and sprinted away from her like there was no tomorrow. It seemed that the look of terror in its eyes was the emotion that had over come its actions.

`Kitty went bye, bye…' Kitty thought with a hint of sadness, as she couldn't help but pout a bit as she turned around to look at Kurama who had risen to his feet. He looked her straight in the face though he was direct eye contact with her. The corners of his mouth curved into a small smirk as he walked over to her.

"And to think, this is the same girl that had defeated that demon in the forest…" Kurama said as him and Kitty began to walk back in the direction that they had come. A childish smile tugged at Kitty's mouth as the walked onto a side walk towards the entrance.

"That reminds me…that was really very much fun!" She said and began to skip in the direction.

`She never seems to run out of energy today…maybe to day we should have trained…' Kurama sped of his walking pace as he walked next to the skipping girl beside him.

"Anywhere else we are going to go?" Kitty asked glancing at him. Kurama looked a bit in thought and then looked at her.

"Are you hungry?" He asked. Kitty's stomach seemed to answer for her as it growled.

"No not really…" She said ignoring her stomach.

"Your stomach tells differently, how about we go and get something small to eat since you are not really hungry.

"Do I have to?" Another protest from her stomach sounded.

"No, I don't think you will." With that Kurama exited the park into an ocean of rushing people. Kitty had stopped skipping as soon as they left the park and looked around with keen eyes trying to keep Kurama in view. His red hair was easy to keep in eye shot only people continuously moved and butted their way in front of her.

`Stupid people…can't they have manners sometimes?' Kitty thought as she slipped between two people and stood behind Kurama. Quickly she reached forward and took his hand so that she wouldn't be separated from him. "Where are we going?" She asked in a bit louder of a voice then she had intended upon.

"For some ice cream if you wish." Kurama responded as he led Kitty across the street to the other side.

`Yum…' Kitty thought to herself. "Sounds good to me."

"Good because we have arrived." He said as he stopped at a small ice cream parlor and walked in. There were while tables set up and scattered around the room as the two walked up to the counter with a teenage boy with dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes that held boredom in them.

"Welcome how may a serve you?" The boy asked and took one look at Kitty, dressed down in black, and looked away with a bit of disgust.

`Geese, just because I dress in all black people look at me like I am a freak and should die…well that is just how people are. First glance judgment….' Kurama squeezed Kitty's hand lightly as though telling her to just ignore the look before he released her hand.

`At least he isn't like that…that's a bit different to see…'

"Yes, may I please have one vanilla ice cream cone and…" Kurama's voice trailed off as he looks over at Kitty.

"Same thing." She muttered feeling as though she really didn't want to say more then two words to the boy and looked down at the counter. The boy pushed the numbers in, told the total, and then went to go and get the orders. Kitty reached into her pocket for money to pay for her share but was stopped as Kurama placed a hand on hers and rests her arm at her side.

"It is on me." He stated, flashing a kind smile in her way. She felt as though she could melt from some reason, the smile was just so kind, warm, and seemed to look as thought she could trust him. Kitty simply nodded her head in response from lack of words.

`Why did I feel that way…I can't tell…?' The boy came back shortly with the orders and handed one to each of them as Kurama paid. Sitting down at one of the tables they started to gratefully lick away at the ice cream, especially Kitty whose stomach was happy to receive food.

"Thank you…" Kitty said between eating.

"Your welcome." Kurama said with another one of those grins. Kitty looked away from him trying to force the small blush that happened to slowly start to creep onto her cheeks.

For about ten minutes there was a silence, it didn't seem awkward though, sort of a comfortable silence. Kurama finished his food and shortly after wards Kitty had as well. They stood up and left grabbing napkins on the way to wipe their hands. As they walked down the side walk back for the house they noticed that there weren't as many people so it was much easier and quicker back to the house. They walked up to Kurama's home and he unlocked the door walking in. After slipping their shoes off they walked into the living room and Kitty flopped down on the couch with a heavy sigh.

"Not to say that that wasn't fun, because it was, but I think the park and walking just plain wore me out and drained up all my energy."

Kurama walked over to a small table with an answering machine that had a blinking red light and the number one flashing. She looked over and listened as he pressed play.

"Hey Kurama, yo, this is Yusuke! Just thought that you and Kitty wanted to know that Heather is staying with me."

Heather could be heard in the background.

"Ello!"

"Shut up… any way just wanted to let you know that."

Kitty grinned a bit at knowing that her friends wasn't in spirit world anymore and then continued to listen to the message.

"Can I speak now?" Heather asked in the message.

"Fine…"

"Sweet monkeys! Ello Kitty and Kurama, hope you two are having fun and all…and Kitty don't take that in a perverted way like my mind is right now but uhh yeah…come over tomorrow cause I don't wanna be-" But the message was cut off by a click signaling that the amount of speaking time was up.

Kitty blushed for the second time today as she looked to the ground letting her hair cover up some of her face.

"Well, it seems Yusuke will have his hands full…" Kurama said with a small sweat drop as he walked over grabbing the remote from the table and took his seat beside Kitty. He held out the remote.

"Would you like to look for something?"

"No you go ahead." She waved her arm a bit as she rests on the armrest of the couch. Kurama shrugged slightly as he pressed the red button and the TV started to flash different colors with a news report flashing on the screen. Kitty placed her head in her hand and watched as Kurama flipped through the television shows.

`So boring and tired from skipping and running around like a mad person. There is nothing on TV ever anymore.' She didn't realize that her eyes were slowly drooping as she snuggled against the back of the couch and shifted in her spot to get more comfy. Kurama stopped flipping through the TV channels after about ten more minuets and left it on a random cartoon that was playing. He looked over only to see a sleeping Kitty limping resting in an upward sitting position, her head held up by her hand.