Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Unpaid Vengeance ❯ Arrival ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unpaid Vengeance
A part of the Relation series

Me: Yay! I got some more reviews!

Hiei: Yes, after about three weeks.

Me: (hits him over head with sauce pan) Shut up, fire boy! Some of that last set of reviews was really nice.

Hiei: Ow.

Me: Suck it up! Read the stuff!

Hiei: Yes, dear. (takes envelope from nearby table) Last chapter was basically a background chapter. It went into the first time Kiru used the phoenix, which was just after she learned the basic mechanics. Needless to say, she almost died in the process. After recalling those disturbing memories, I encountered the first of the defense forces of that compound. Who are now little more than a small pile of ashes. I hurried on, hoping I would be in time to save Kiru.

Me: Standard disclaimers on everything that isn't mine (see last chapter for my stuff).

--

Yusuke and the others hurried to try and catch up to their panicked friend. They encountered a few piles of ashes and assumed that Hiei wasn't in a mood to be messed with.

Kuwabara looked around, trying to spot his overprotective friend. His eyes landed on the pile of ashes that had once been a youkai and was glad that Hiei knew his sister loved him, or else he would have matched that youkai right now.

Yukina, who had been looking around for signs of anything that could lead to her missing brother, caught a glimpse of black in the middle of a large group of youkai. 'Oniisan!!' she turned towards her friends, gesturing towards the fight, 'Hiei is over there! We have to help him!!'

The others, seeing the same when they looked, immediately ran towards the fight-in-progress. But by the time they got there, they saw that the last thing Hiei needed was their help. With little more than an annoyed growl and a swing of his arm, the whole lot of youkai was reduced to a smoldering heap in little over a few minutes.

'Hiei! Matte!' Hiei, who was about to run off again, turned to face the source of the call. Everyone took a step back at the feral look in his eyes. But after a few seconds, he calmed enough to the point where Kurama actually dared to put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Hiei sighed, and quickly filled the others in on the situation with Kiru. 'We need to hurry!!!'

Yusuke nodded, and they all turned towards the complex, only to be greeted with a veritable army of guards.

'K'so!' Hiei growled, 'I don't have time for this!!!'

'Hiei!' Kurama called, taking out his whip, 'We'll take care of them, you take Yukina and get back Kiru.'

'Yeah,' Yusuke agreed, readying his trigger finger, 'we'll clear you a path and you get in there!'

Hiei nodded and smiled in gratitude, 'Thanks, guys.'

Yusuke nodded back, and fired his spirit gun. It plowed through a large area of the youkai, 'Hiei, go!!!' Hiei scooped Yukina into his arms and sped off into the clearing while the others continued to wipe out the guards.

The two ran into the gate, where Hiei put her down. Yukina looked around, surprised at the absence of guards.

'Oniisan,' she asked, looking at her brother, 'why are there no guards?'

Hiei looked around, 'I don't know, and, truthfully, don't care.' He closed his eyes and searched for his wife's energy. Where are you, koi? He finally found her ki signature in the room down the hallway to their right. 'Over there, she's down that hall.'

Yukina nodded and followed her brother to the closed door. 'You wait here, Yukina-chan. I don't want to risk you getting hurt, too.'

Yukina protested, 'But what if she's hurt?' Yukina knew that she would be getting nowhere by asking, her brother was as stubborn as a rock. She finally relented to his will and stepped back, 'Be careful, onii-chan.'

'I'll try, imouto-chan,' Hiei answered, 'I'll try.' He drew his katana and faced the door, steeling himself to what he would see. He took a deep breath and opened the door.

--

Me: Hai, no more for you.

Hiei: Can't you, just once, NOT end with a cliff hanger?

Me: No, cause then they wouldn't read, baka!

Hiei: Oh yeah. That's why you write the fanfics, right?

Me: Yep. (turns to you) Review if you want more. Hai, I will write more anyway, but I want reviews!!!

Hiei: (chibi eyes) Pleeeeaaase review!!!! Pleeeeaaase!!!!