Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Unpaid Vengeance ❯ Dragon's Bind ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unpaid Vengeance
Part of the Relations series

Me: I swear, my school just wants to keep me from updating.

Hiei: Reports, or labs this time?

Me: Both. Baka ningens!

Hiei: (shrugs) Oh well, at least you are updating now!

Me: (sigh) Just read the damn summary!

Hiei: Okay, (takes out an envelope) last chapter, the rest of the guys finally got the door open, and rushed in to find me ready to kill Ryudo for hurting Kiru, who was unconscious against the wall after being seriously wounded by an attack of Ryudo.

Me: Hey, that really was short…Oh well, it's longer this time!

Hiei: Standard disclaimers apply on all that isn't hers.

--

"Hiei!"

Hiei turned and looked in the direction of the call. He saw that the rest of the group had arrived. Like he cared- all he wanted was to avenge his love.

That coward was crying now, trying to think of a way out of his almost certain death. If only he still had his dagger. That's it!

'Know that if you kill me,' Ryudo said, trying to sound nonchalant despite his rampant fear, 'you destroy her worthless life.'

That got Hiei's attention. He threw him against the wall, 'What do you mean?'

'Remember that dagger she destroyed?'

Hiei glared at him, 'Yeah, so?'

'It was a dragon's bind.'

Hiei's eyes widened and he cursed, 'You son of a bitch!'

'Wait a minute, Hiei, I'm lost,' Yusuke said, looking at his demon friends, who all looked very concerned about this 'dragon's bind' thing, 'What's a dragon's bind?'

'It is a curse, a very bad one,' Kurama explained, 'When the hide of a living dragon is placed on a weapon, it becomes known as a "dragon's bind." That hide houses part of the dragon's spirit. Here in the Makai, dragon spirits feed on memories. Once you are cut by a 'dragon's bind,' any memories you had before then are taken away, absorbed as part of the binding, and can be seen by the user of the bind.'

'Which is why Ryudo wanted Hiei to be hit, I presume,' Mukuro said, 'To find out where the Koorime Island is.'

'Yes,' Ryudo said, 'but that bitch interfered and got her just desserts.'

Hiei punched him, 'You shut up, the only reason your alive is to show me where that damn dragon is.' Hiei smiled grimly, 'But once you do, I look forward to killing you slowly and painfully.' Ryudo went back to cowering.

'Why do we need to find the dragon?' Kuwabara asked.

'Another affect of the bind,' Kurama began again, 'is the binding of spirit. Once you are exposed to the bind, you cannot have your memory stolen again, but your spirit is bound to the dragon's. If at any time the hide is destroyed, the spirit begins to travel back to the original dragon.'

'So?' Yusuke questions, 'What's the big deal about that?'

'It feeds on the memories of the victim for the energy it needs to travel.'

--

Me: That's all!

Hiei: Kami-sama, you're evil.

Me: Not really, I'm posting two chapters, it's just that I wanted this one to end here.

Hiei: You really are big on suspense, ne?

Me: Yep, review then on to the next chapter!!!