Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Unpaid Vengeance ❯ Bad Condition ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unpaid Vengeance

Part of the Relations series

Me: Back so soon?

Hiei: Oh, you're so funny.

Me: Urusai! I was just being considerate and putting up two chapters to make up for my lack of updates lately! Unlike some people I know!!!

Hiei: Itai! Itai! Don't be mean!

Me: Hmph! Just read the stupid thing!!!

Hiei: (mutters) Kowai.

Me: You wanna see scary?

Hiei: No!!! (takes out the envelope) Last chapter, it was revealed that the dagger that Kiru destroyed was a 'dragon's bind,' which, in short, will sap away Kiru's memories. Short, sweet and to the point!

Me: Standard disclaimers.

--

'Oh shit.' Yusuke said, 'I'm sorry, Hiei.'

'Is there any way to get her memories back?'

'Yes,' Kurama resumed his explanation, 'If we kill the original dragon, all of her memories, including those sapped from the original attack, will return.'

'Which is why we need this one,' Hiei pointed at Ryudo, 'To tell us which dragon it is from, and where the dragon is.'

'But what if it has moved since then?' Yusuke asked.

'Then we'll track it's youki. We'll find that dragon, no matter how long it takes!' Kuwabara said.

'We don't have the luxury of time,' Hiei replied.

'Huh?'

'The speed at which the spirit travels depends on how many memories the victim has accumulated since the time they were hit. We only have until the point where her memories drain to that time to kill the original dragon.'

'What happens if we don't?'

'She loses all her memories forever,' Hiei looked away.

During this time, Yukina had gone over to Kiru and started to access her condition. She didn't want to heal her here, but wanted to wait and get the expert opinion of Genkai-san as to what was the best way to help her.

Most of her bones had been shattered, one of her lungs was punctured, and she had gashes and bruises everywhere. She wasn't going to tell Hiei, but Yukina could tell that her sister-in-law had also been brutally raped. But that wasn't what bothered her the most.

Yukina turned her gaze towards Kiru's arms, which were now covered with those horrid cauterizations again. She couldn't heal those, nor alleviate the pain caused by them because they were caused by fire. The only thing she could think of was to make a poultice she had heard of long ago that could supposedly heal burns as if they were never there.

It had always pained her to know that Kiru was scarred for life, and this would be the perfect opportunity to do something for her. She made a mental note to investigate that once she got back to the Ningenkai.

She had overheard the conversation they were having about what the dagger was, and had repressed her tears at the admission of the facts from Ryudo. She was a very peaceful person, but right now, she would like nothing better than to see Ryudo suffer a painful death. It was what he deserved for hurting her imouto-chan.

Kiru's breathing hitched and she coughed, shivering slightly. Yukina checked her pulse- it was slowing. Kiru was definitely not doing well.

'Hiei-san!' Yukina called, 'We need to get her out of here!'

Hiei, who had been absorbed in their conversation about the best way to kill that dragon, quickly ran over to her and knelt down next to his lover. He brushed her hair out of her battered face. 'How is she?'

Yukina shook her head, 'Not well, I want to bring her to the temple, I need some of the supplies there to heal her.' She looked at her brother; he looked very sad, and very worried. She knew he could see most of her condition through his Jagan, and was probably blaming himself for her condition.

'Kiru?'

Her eyes fluttered, then opened, the hazy crimson staring at him questioningly, 'Hi-chan…? What happened?' She gasped in pain when she tried to move.

'Shh…' Hiei cooed, gently picking her up, 'Just go to sleep, I'll take care of you.'

'Mmmm…' Kiru closed her eyes, 'Thank you…for saving me, Hi-chan…' Her voice trailed off as she fell asleep, leaning her head against her koi's chest.

Kurama and Mukuro came over. Mukuro gasped as she saw the condition her best friend was in, 'Ru-chan! What have they done to you?'

Kurama shook his head- her breathing was ragged and harsh. 'Yukina, how is she doing?'

Yukina checked her pulse again, and sighed, 'She hasn't started to lose her memory yet, but her body is on the verge of giving in. We need to get her to the temple as soon as possible.'

Hiei looked at the battered form of his wife, 'Let's get her there then.'

Kurama charted the nearest portal and they set off as fast as they could go, Yusuke and Kuwabara taking Ryudo to Mukuro's castle for containment and questioning. The rest of them headed towards the Ningenkai, praying that Kiru would be all right.

Kiru-koi, please hold on.

--

Hiei: Why do you have to hurt her EVERY STORY?

Me: What do you want me to do, tell them about your normal day? There has to be some excitement or humor; and I'm not good with humor.

Hiei: What makes you say that?

Me: No one reviews my humor ones.

Hiei: Sorry.

Me: Oh well, that's why I write angst, 'cause I'm good at it.

Hiei: That makes sense.

Me: Hn…Oh, and don't forget to review!!! Bye bye!!