Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Unpaid Vengeance ❯ Healing? ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unpaid Vengeance
Part of the Relations series

Hiei: When will this end?

Me: When I'm good and ready for it to end!

Hiei: Fine.

Me: Oh, quit complaining, you're getting paid aren't you?

Hiei: Yeah...

Me: So do your job and read the stuff!

Hiei: Fine. (takes out envelope) Last chapter, more was explained about the `Dragon's Bind,' and ways to cure the effects. Other than that, we just saw the details of Kiru's condition and left for the Ningenkai to help her. Yusuke and Kuwabara left with Ryudo to confine him in Mukuro's castle for later `questioning.'

Me: Please enjoy. Standard disclaimers...

--Ningenkai--

Hiei gently placed his lover down onto a soft futon in the middle of the room at the temple. He ran a hand over the side of her face, frowning when he felt the fever burning there. She wasn't doing well, not even with the help she had gotten when Yukina had quickly healed some of her lesser wounds on the way here. He shivered when he remembered how it had been a necessity.

She had stopped breathing.

He had freaked out really bad. Yukina quickly healed her punctured lung and Hiei had given her a ki boost. He had been so relieved when she took a tentative breath on her own and kept breathing after that. But he had doubled his speed in his haste to get her better.

He searched out her ki, and shook his head. It was still too low. He sat down next to her, and held her hand.

Those two had better hurry up!

--Makai--

Yusuke threw the bastard who had hurt his friend's wife into the smallest, most disgusting cell in Mukuro's castle. He threw the door shut and grabbed the wards from the box kept right in front of said cell, activating them on the bars so he couldn't escape.

He and Kuwabara had had a good amount of `fun' with the bastard before, knocking him out so he would be easier to handle.

Kuwabara had been especially brutal with him. As much as it seemed that they weren't friends, him and the shrimp were brothers-in-law. Well, they would be soon.

He had approached Hiei last month asking for Yukina's hand in marriage, and surprisingly, Hiei had given his approval. But he'd had to listen to a long talk about how if he ever hurt her, he would experience a long, painful death.

He had promised to take care of her, and was now engaged to Yukina. They were getting married come spring.

The two gazed at the unconscious youkai in the cell. Nodding to each other, they rushed to the nearby portal to the Ningenkai, leaving the prisoner guarded by the toughest guards in the castle.

--

Yukina's heart wrenched as she heard Kiru's soft gasp as they took off her ragged gown, redressing her-for the moment- in a loose robe. They had been unable to rouse her from her sleep, and had been forced to kick Kurama and Hiei out. Kurama for the reason that Hiei would kill him for looking at her, and Hiei for the reason that he would only hinder them with all his guilt when he actually saw her.

Genkai was in the corner, preparing that poultice Yukina had remembered while in the Ningenkai. Mukuro was helping Yukina with Kiru, fetching what she needed and comforting Kiru as best she could.

Yukina was concentrating on healing her. Her injuries were so extensive and many, she didn't know where to begin. She repaired bones and muscles, healed bruises and cuts, gashes and slashes, more injuries than she could count.

Finally, two hours later, Kiru was healed, bandaged, and dressed in a loose tunic and pants. She was still sleeping, but Genkai said that she would probably awaken in a few minutes. Since Hiei was practically pacing a hole in the floor of the temple, they figured they should let him in.

Hiei seemed to materialize in the room due to his immeasurable speed. Yukina guessed that he wasn't prepared to see her in all those bandages, since he fell to his knees beside her with a somewhat lost look in his eyes. `Kiru...' he whispered, running his hand over her face again.

But this time, her eyes fluttered then opened slowly, revealing the hazy crimson they knew so well. `Hiei?' she murmured, sitting up with a wince, her arms going around her waist where some bruising remained. She looked up at him, her brow furrowed in confusion, `What happened?'

`Shh...It's all right,' Hiei lay her back down on the futon, `Rest.'

She sighed and looked around, `What are we doing in the Ningenkai? We're supposed to go help Mukuro with Kurama's birthday party today, right?'

`Never mind that, Ru-chan. Just rest,' Hiei said, covering her gently with the sheet. He kissed her gently, watching as she fell asleep, curling up to protect her bruised waist.

Yukina stifled a sob- that party had been planned and celebrated three weeks ago. She looked at Hiei, who was staring out the window. `Oniisan...I'm so sorry...'

`It's alright, Yukina,' Hiei said quietly, `There's no time to lose.' He turned and walked towards the door. He stopped and looked back, `Take care of her for me.'

`Hai.' Yukina watched her brother leave the room to break the news to the rest of the gang. She shook her head and turned back to Kiru. Brushing back a lock of her hair, she tucked her sister-in-law into the blankets.

Kiru-chan, please be okay...

--

Hiei: Well, at least you didn't kill her.

Me: I wouldn't do that.

Hiei: Right...

Me: Why would I want to kill my own character?

Hiei: I don't know.

Me: (sigh) Never mind. Don't forget to review!!!

Hiei: Ja!