Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Unpaid Vengeance ❯ Fateful Days Past ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unpaid Vengeance

Part of the Relations series

Me: Sorry it took so long but here's chapter 17.

Hiei: Just blame it on Mrs. Berzok.

Me: Damn research project.

Hiei: Anywho… (takes out envelope) Last chapter, I found out the whereabouts of the dragon and it's specifics after a nice torture session with the bastard, Ryudo. I returned to the Ningenkai to find Kiru had lost her memory of the rest of the Tantei, and, after calming her and explaining the situation, convinced her to let me search her mind for the time of her infliction with the dragon's bind.

-In Kiru's mind-

Well, this is easier than last time…

Hiei `walked' right through the opened doors to her first memory. This was the memory of the moments immediately after the knife first slashed her flesh. He took a deep breath and braced himself for the worst…

-Flashback-

~SLAP!~

Kiru slammed against the wall, her hand rising to cup her bruised cheek. She drew her small hand across her mouth, wiping away a trickle of blood.

Hiei watched from both outside and in Kiru's point of view. She couldn't have been more than sixteen years old, judging by her development.

`Did you really think that you could escape me?' Ryudo asked, picking her up by the front of her shirt. She winced and scowled at him, spitting on his face.

`Kisama,' her voice sounded different, more childish, `I'll escape you someday, just wait.'

`Ha!' Ryudo tossed her onto a table, strapping her into it face down. He removed a dagger that Kiru had never seen before from a box lying on the table. It was beautiful, a leather string wrapped around the grip. She had a really bad feeling about this…

Hiei quickly took note of her approximate age. She appeared to be around sixteen or seventeen, and didn't have her Jagan yet. Hn, I have 400 years to spend…at her current rate of loss, I have four days…

He was jarred from his thoughts by the sound of cloth ripping. Ryudo had ripped her shirt away, baring her pale back. He wielded the dagger and murmured a few words. Kiru visibly stiffened as if she knew something very wrong was going to happen…

`Ahh!' Kiru's screams filled the room as Ryudo etched a picture of a phoenix into her skin. Hiei felt his heart ripping in two as he watched her crimson blood pour in rivers around her, dripping into a shallow puddle on the floor.

Hiei felt sick as he watched Ryudo cut a shape out of her skin, skimming the knife under it and pulling the flesh off of her back. He waved it in front of her face, laughing as she fought her winces back in favor for a scowl. Tears were falling down her eyes as he finished his fun `drawing' on her back.

He left the room, doing little more than releasing her from the table by unhooking the straps. As Kiru lay, in extreme pain, she felt dizzy. All of a sudden, a great blackness fell over her, and she felt her youki failing, draining away to a place far, far away.

`What's happening to me…?' she fell unconscious, and knew nothing more for a long time.

-End flashback-

Hiei fought back a cry of anger as he watched her awaken, unknowing of the events just past the next day. Ryudo played the nice guy and bound her wounds, calling himself her father, and saying he loved her, etc…

Bastard…

Hiei left her mind, unable to watch those painful memories anymore. He withdrew from his connection with her to find her asleep.

He smiled sadly at the adorable picture she made. Her dusky lashes fell over her pale cheeks, her lips were slightly parted, and she was snuggled into his side. He pulled away gently, carried her to her bed, and brushed his lips over her face. She sighed and curled up, her hand rubbing her eye for a moment before resting on her pillow. She snuggled into her blankets and slept.

Hiei looked back at her before leaving the room. I'll save you Kiru, I promise.

He joined up with the rest of the team, leaving Kurama and Yukina to watch over his lover, and painful orders to keep her asleep by whatever means necessary in order to prevent any further incidents. He steeled himself from his feelings of rage, and walked through the portal to the Makai.

He made a silent promise to himself as they arrived in Makai, just north of Mukuro's castle. I'll get my vengeance Ryudo, you just wait.

--

Me: Yay, another chapter! Please review!

Hiei: Ja!