Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Unseen Love ❯ A Family Torn Apart 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unseen Love
Chapter Two
I opened my silver eyes to find myself being carried by someone. My head ached as I turned to look at the person whisking me away to whatever their destination seemed to be. I saw a crimson-eyed demon with spiky black hair, only a few inches taller than me.
Who…? I began to think. Then my memory of the current events returned. It was just a dream. "Hiei."
"It's about time you woke up," he commented as he continued to run through the hallways as they crumble around us.
"Why are you wasting your time bringing me alone?" I asked. "You'll never make it with me slowing you down."
"Don't try to tell me what I can and can't do, woman," Hiei growled.
"It's the truth. And besides, it's just a waste of time, it's too late for me, didn't you hear what I was telling Minamino?" I argued.
"When we get outside Kurama can deal with that nuisance," Hiei pointed out.
"No, he can't. You don't get it, it was too late the moment I stepped into the ring to fight Uncle Toguro and ET."
Hiei did not respond; he simply kept on running.
"I don't get it, why do you insist on risking your life?" I asked as I squeezed my eyes shut.
"I don't get it, either, so just shut up," Hiei responded.
I opened my eyes again and look at him in shock; after all, I never would have expected that kind of remark out of Hiei of all people.
Then, something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye; the ceiling cracked above us and caused a shower of boulders to come crashing down towards us.
Knowing that there was no possible way for Hiei to escape the downpour with me on his back, I pushed him forward as I fell away from him. I landed on my feet and used my right arm to encase him in a teleportation spell.
"What do you think you're doing?" he asked as he turned to face me, already encompassed in the spell, unable to come back to retrieve me.
"I already told you, there's no point in you risking your life for someone who's already dead," I responded as the smaller rocks began falling around me. Pain shoots through my right arm and I wince as I drop it to my side, grasping it with my left hand to sooth the pain. The larger boulders began crashing down around me so I used my left hand to guard my face.
"Are you crazy?" he asked.
"I'm going to die either way, the only difference is that this way I won't have to see the pain on the faces of Callaway and Suna. This is better," I told him.
"You are crazy," Hiei mumbled.
"Maybe I am," I chuckled. "But I'm teleporting you out of here. I only have enough energy to teleport one of us, and by now there are no other means of escaping this arena of death."
A boulder crashed down right behind me causing a gust of wind to kick forward, sending my hair flying into my face.
"Go now!" I shouted as I thrust my right hand forward, completing the teleportation spell.
Hiei disappeared and the boulders continued their shower around me. I stopped fighting the crashing rubble and fell to my knees.
By some miracle, by the time the entire building has completed with its crumbling, I was only half covered by rubble. Somehow, a pocket managed to form around me; however, I'm trapped and pinned, unable to move even if I had the will power to do so.
"SALINA!" Naomi's voice rang through the rubble.
Callaway, I thought to myself as I opened my eyes slightly.
With the remainder of my energy, I psychically viewed the survivors. My cousin with brown hair halfway down her back was running towards the collapsed building with tears running down her face, the red-headed Shuichi Minamino was right on her tail. As soon as she reached the rubble, she started digging as fast as she could.
"Naomi, stop," Shuichi begged as he reached down and pulled her to her feet.
"No! There's still time! We have to save her! People have walked away from things like this before. We can still get to her," Naomi argued as she attempted to go back to her digging.
Shuichi pulled her close, not allowing her to continue digging.
"It's over, Naomi," he told her sadly. "It's over."
"No, don't say that," Naomi demanded as she attempted to pull away. "She's walked away from worse than this before. I know she has!"
"I'm sorry," Shuichi apologized as he held her close.
Naomi stopped struggling; after all, she's a sensible girl and knows when enough is enough. Meanwhile, among large group of survivors, my purple haired cousin, Kakieta Suna, is crying into my red haired Master's chest as he holds her. Hiei stands in the center of a somewhat bald spot of the crowd with his eyes closed and a serious look upon his face.
I run out of energy and return to my body, unable to do anything anymore, nothing except wait for time to take me.
How did I get into this situation, you ask? How did I go from that little girl from the dream to what I am now? It's a long story, but hey, I've got time to tell it, there's nothing better to do. In order for you to understand, I have to take this back to the beginning. That's right, the very beginning, even before I was born. Back when my family was one, back before I was even fully conceived.