Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Unseen Love ❯ A Family Torn Apart 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unseen Love
Chapter Three
FLASHBACK TO THE BEGINNING:
My family simply consisted of three people: my mother, Salca Sukana, my brother Tenkei Sukana, and the father, Jerricanto Scomanto. They had been a family for all sixteen years of Tenkei's life.
My mother, Salca Sukana, was one of the only demons ranked above the S class that were allowed to reside in the human world. She had beautiful flowing red hair and sparkling green eyes that always shimmered to match her constant smiling. She worked for the all powerful King Yama as a Spirit Detective of sorts. It's the only way that she was allowed to live in Ningenkai with her family.
You've already heard about my brother, Tenkei Sukana. Only, at this point in time, he had the laid back life without many worries to deal with.
Then, there was the father, Jerricanto Scomanto. He had deep brown eyes and blue hair, rather odd for a human, but there is a logical explanation behind it. When he and Mom were younger they were on the same martial arts team. On that team, their powers grew tremendously, and the change of hair color came from that. His hair was brown before that. The reason I called Jerricanto Scomanto the father instead of just calling him my father is simply because, he's not my only father, as you will see.
My family lived in a mansion way beyond the reach of civilization due to my mother's fear of demon's coming after her at any moment in time. She never wished to endanger the innocent civilians of cities, so Jerricanto agreed to live in the mansion that she built. Because Jerricanto knew how to fight and defend those that he cared about, Mother didn't have to worry about Tenkei's safety while she was out on missions. And besides, she made sure to train Tenkei as he grew up so that he could defend himself as well.
So, this was my family, well, for the most part, but I'm not here yet. This is before I'm even fully conceived. How is that possible, you might ask? Well, Tenkei explained it in the dream during the first chapter. I am twelve different girls all as one. Jerricanto is only one of my fathers, because he's only the father of five of us (Suka, Sarah, Onapo, Carolina, and Shaqueline), and then three (Salina, Salishawa, and Innakawa) of us have two fathers. I know that sounds confusing, but everything will make sense in a short while.
Right now, five of us are fully conceived: Suka, Sarah, Onapo, Carolina, and Shaqueline. Their father is Jarricanto, however, the next events will reveal exactly how the remainder of us was conceived and brought to be one.
"Jerricanto," Salca spoke up as they sat in the living room.
"Yeah?" he responded, pulling his gaze away from the fire to look at her.
"I have something I have to tell you," her voice sounded hesitant.
"Tenkei, go to your room," was Jerricanto's automatic reflex.
"No, Tenkei, you need to hear this as well," Salca insisted.
Tenkei nodded as he had a seat next to her.
"You know how strange my family's bloodline is," Salca began. "Well, there's something I haven't told you yet."
"What do you mean?" Jerricanto asks.
"My family's bloodline carries a curse with it," Salca explained. "A curse that is passed down from generation to generation based upon if the generation before decided whether to pass it on or not."
"And the generation before you decided to pass it on?" Jerricanto asked.
Salca nodded. "Yes. This curse only continues through the blood of a female successor. It blesses the woman with two wonderful healthy children, the first one being male and the second being female. However, as a price to pay, once the daughter has reached the young age of five years, the mother has a choice to make, whether to live or die."
"What?" Jerricanto asked, his eyes widening. "If that's the case we just won't have any more children."
"It's already too late for that, Jerricanto," Salca admited. "I am already pregnant with our daughter."
"Then make the choice to live," Jerricanto demanded.
"If I make that choice, then when our daughter reaches the age of four and a half I will have to begin making the potion. Once I take the potion at a quarter before midnight the night before her birthday, the curse will pass over me," Salca explained. "However, by making that choice, I pass the curse on to our daughter."
Jerricanto couldn't bring himself to say anything.
"The curse has been passed on to me in this fashion, each of my ancestors has been afraid of death and chose to take the potion and pass on the curse. However, I do not want to make this curse anyone else's burden," Salca explained. "I'm telling you all of this so that you understand, Jerricanto. I need your help to get through this. And once I am gone…."
"Don't even talk like that!" Jerricanto screamed. "I won't let you die, not for something so stupid! I demand that you take that potion! When our daughter has children I'll make her drink it as well, everything will be fine!"
"That won't solve anything, the curse will simply be transferred to our granddaughter," Salca insisted. "I can't allow that to happen. Think about it, Jerricanto, we've had so many wonderful years together. Why would you want to rob anyone else of this type of experience?"
"I've had it!" Jerricanto screamed. "I don't care how long we've been together! I'm not sticking around just to have a couple of kids piled on top of me when you die! That's not what I signed up for when I chose to be with you!"
"And this kind of frustration isn't what I signed up for when I chose to bear you children," Salca pointed out. "I was expecting you to be supportive, just like always."
"Well then, I guess we were both disappointed," Jerricanto glared. "Forget this."
With that, he stormed up the stares to his room, gathered his belongings and stormed out of the house before Salca could stop him; taking the car out of sight.