Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You're not fooling me, baka! ❯ "Christmas shopping...more like stealing..." ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I squeezed the sheets on my bed as i continued to have a nightmare. I whimpered as the unknown man in my dream lashed out at me, making a small scratch on the side of my cheek. I stumbled backward falling on my ass. The man came closer to me and laughed.
"Weakling" he said and plunged his hand through my stomach.
I sat up quickly looking around. I lifted up my shirt and sighed.
"Phew, i still have a stomach." I said jokingly.
The clock flashed 1:23 am. I layed down trying to fall back to sleep, failing miserably. Everytime i would close my eyes i saw a blood splattered all over the place. i snapped my eyes back open and sat back up.
"Maybe.." I mummbled to myself as i got up, walking to the door.
~Hiei's pov~
I stumbled out of bed and walked to the door after hearing a few soft knocks on it.
"Onna? why are you awake?" I asked Mizuki as she stood outside of my doorway. She stood there biting her lip, staring back at me. I let my eyes trail down as i looked over her as she only wore a small pair of black shorts and a black tanktop.
"Mmm.....I uhm...kinda..sorta..had a nightmare and...Hiei can I sleep in here tonight?" she asked bluntly at the end. I looked at her, confused but then shrugged.
"Hn.."
I moved aside and opened the door wider to let her in. Mizuki smiled happily and ran in and dove into the bed. I rolled my eyes at her childness.I walked over to the bed and got in next to her.
Surprisingly, she threw her arm around me and made herself comfortable.
"Thanks dude." she said stretching and fell asleep.
I sighed looking at the door. I knew I should lock it, knowing that one of the bakas were probably going to come barging in here in the morning and wont leave us alone about 'sleeping together' for the whole day. I decided against it and closed my eyes, falling asleep.
~Normal Pov~
I woke up and realized I wasnt in my room.
"what the fu- ohhh yeah, duh I'm retard." I said laughing as I remembered that I slept in Hiei's room.
I looked around seeing Hiei wasnt here and got out of bed. Deciding against changing, I walked down stairs in my sleeping wear. As I walked into the living room I saw Yusuke and kuwabara bugging Hiei about something.
"Hey guys, what are you bugging him about?" I asked pointing to Hiei.
"Heh heh, have a good sleep last night, Mizuki?" Yusuke asked slyly.
I raised my eyebrow.
"what, because I slept in Hiei's room? Heh heh, I wouldnt be picking on him guys. At least he can get some!" i said laughing at the end.
The two got red in the face and walked away slumped over, making me smile with victory. I plopped down on the couch next to Hiei.
"Hey dude"
"Hn"
"Is that ALL you know how to say?" I asked poking his arm.
"....no" he said quietly.
I went to say something but was interrupted by Botan and Yukina bursting into the room.
"Sheesh Botan you scared the fuck out of me!" I said glaring at the reaper.
"Sorry mizuki, I'm just so excited about christmas!" she said cheerfully.
"Christmas? Holy fuck! Thats in like two weeks!" i yelled jumping off the couch.
"i dont see the point of that stupid holiday" hiei mummbled crossing his arms.
"Niether do i, BUT you get presents and thats all I really care about!" I said laughing.
"No, no mizuki! Christmas is about family and your loved ones!" Yukina explained like she was some poem book.
"well then, there you go. i HAVE no family." i said numbly.
"Yeah but, you have us!" botan said smiling and walking over.
"oh yes joy for me..." i said jokingly right before botan gave me a bear hug.
"Anyway, the reason we came in here is because" she stopped in the middle to grab my arm, " we are going SHOPPING!" she giggled as my eyes went wide as I attempted to pry from her grip.
"Oh no! Botan please dont make me go! I hate shopping!" I begged as she drug me up the stairs.
"Okay we have to pick out your clothes...hmm....ick, why do you have so much black and grey? You need brighter colors." Botan said as she rummaged through my closet.
"Hey, hey, hey, I like my clothes!they express my outview on life." i said pushing her out of the way to grab a pair of black jeans and a red and black shirt.
"Oh my, you must have very dark opinions then..." Yukina said in her usual sweet voice.
I sighed at her comment, it's not that i didnt like Yukina, i just think she should be a little tougher is all.
I went to the bathroom and dressed.
"*sigh* Am I ever going to get you to wear pink?" Botan asked as we walked back down stairs.
"Okay is everyone ready now? one two three.....okay i think we have everyone!" kurama said as botan made a portal.
"Where are we going? human world?" i asked before stepping through the hole.
"yep, we are going to the mall!" keiko exclaimed pushing me through the portal.
I noticed we landed right behind the mall.
"Oh yes, we dont have to walk far!" I said walking up to hiei to stand by him.
Once we got in the mall my eye twitched.
"So.many.p-people...*shudders*" I said as I stared at all the people in the building.
"Oh come on now, be friendly!" botan said happily.
"Well, i'm going....hmm...can i borrow some money? i only have like $60 and i know that wont be-" i was cut off by Yusuke handing me money.
"Thanks dude! okay now i'm off to the stores!" i exclaimed, taking a superman pose and running off.
I walked into various stores, not sure of what to get.
"Grrr, i hate shopping damn it!" i mummbled to myself as I continued to walk through the mall.
My eyes went wide as i slowed down in front of a store. In the window it showed off a katana with a dragon around the handle and a dragon imprinted on the blade.
"oooh, pretty." i said as i walked in the store.
"Hey! can i get some help in here or do i got to get this thing myself?!" i yelled as i saw no one in the store.
i sighed and walked up to the katana.
"Hello! may i help you?!" a cheery voice said in my ear, making me whip around,smacking them.
"Oh geez, sorry!" i said as the man held the side of his face.
" Ehh...heh heh anyway...um.. i would like this katana personalized a bit. I want a name engraved into it.It's a christmas present." I said.
"Alright, that is one of our most expensive katanas. This must be a very special someone for you to get this for them." The man said as he carefully took the katana down from the display.
"well...eh yeah sort of."
"What is the name you would like on it?" He asked.
"It's Hiei. H-I-E-I." i said spelling it.
he nodded his head as i reluctantly handed over most of the money i had.
"You can come back and pick it up in an hour or two. is that alright?"
"*sigh* yeah i just wish I didnt have to stay at the mall so long" I groaned walking out of the store.
I walked along, grabbing random gifts, without paying.
"oh thats perfect for shuichi!" i mummbled to myself as i stared at a glass rose in the store.
i bit my lip as i looked around to make sure no one was looking.
"good.." i mummbled grabbing the rose delicately and stuffing it into my jacket.
I yelped as I felt a hand on my shoulder, thinking it was one of the workers. I whipped around to face a smirking hiei.
"GEEZ Hiei! Go right ahead and scare me half to death!" I said sarcastically.
Hiei looked at the lump in my trench coat and raised an eyebrow.
"Onna...do i want to know what that is?" hiei asked, pointing to it.
"I'll tell you later just come on!" i said grabbing his arm and rushing out of the store.
Once we got back to the mansion i sprinted to my room, locking the door. I threw off my button-up trench coat and pulled all the presents out. I took Hiei's present out of the box.
Beautiful.
That was the only word to describe the katana.I looked over it to make sure everything was correct on it before quickly putting it back in the box and began to wrap it up in black wrapping paper. I knew he was going to love it. I looked at the other presents that I bought...er...stole.
I got botan a make up compartment kit, extra pink stuff. Yukina, a sapphire bracelette. Keiko, a pink-diamond necklace. Yusuke, a few CD's. Kuwabara is going to get a new jacket, since i think the one he has now is ugly. Kurama, the colored glass rose. Koenma is getting a few gag gifts which include, diapers, a pink binky and a new stamper. I'm also going to give him a day off and do all the stamping of the files myself! He'll like that.
After I was done wrapping the presents, I took them all in my arms and walked down stairs. As I walked in the room I saw Yusuke helping Keiko put up the tree, only to have it fall on top of him.
"Haha, Uremeshi you are such a dork!" Kuwabara said as he laughed and pointed.
I rolled my eyes and placed the presents on the couch to go help.
"An-and, t-there we go!" i said as we finally got the tree standing, with much struggle, in front of the window.
I put the presents under the tree so they were out of the way. Hiei walked down stairs and stared at the window sill.
"hn.."
"Oh, right sorry Hiei we had to put the tree in front of your seat." Yusuke said rubbing the back of his neck.
"Well that's okay. He can sit here right next to Mizuki!" Botan said as she dragged hiei over to the couch and forced him next to me.
"Alright, lets start decorating!" Yukina said sweetly as she began putting decorations up.
I stood up and helped put lights on.After a half an hour, we were almost done and just needed the star up. I looked at Hiei, who was still on the couch and was the only one not helping with the tree. Even Koenma came down to help.Yusuke was about to climb up the ladder to put it on when i stopped him. i grabbed the star from his hands and walked over to the couch.
"Get up."
hiei looked at me confused.
"You're putting the star on, whether you want to or not!" i yelled grabbing his arm and walking back over to the tree.
I handed him the bright yellow star and pushed him towards the ladder.
"Hn..."
He stood there for a second and glared at me before reluctantly climbing up the ladder and putting the star on top. He jumped down from the top of the ladder and landed with a soft thud.
"Yay its done!" Keiko said as she plugged in the lights making the room glow different colors (multicolored lights).
I walked over to Hiei as everyone else was smiling at the tree. He looked at me and it seemed like he was attempting to smile but turned into a smirk. i smiled back and quickly kissed him on the cheek. I smiled, walking away. Looking out the window i noticed a white blanket on the ground.
"OOOH, it snowed!!!" i yelled running out side, only in my jeans,shirt and socks.
i looked back to see everyone else following me.I smirked evilly as i hurled a snowball at Hiei, who ducked making it hit Kuwabara. I cracked up falling on the ground. the look on his face was priceless.
"Oh...its ON now!" he said throwing a snowball in my direction, but i pulled shuichi in the way of it.
"Mizuki!" he yelled at me but smiled at the same time.
"SNOWBALL FIGHT!"