Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You're not fooling me, baka! ❯ "Surprise Surprise!" ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I turned around only to be hit in the stomach by a snowball,all thanks to a laughing yusuke. I hurled a snowball back at him which got him right in the face, making him eat a whole bunch of snow. I felt like I was being watched and I looked up to see Hiei, smirking at me from in the tree.
"Hiei what are you-" I stopped in mid-sentence as he dropped a snowball on my head.
"Heyyyy!" I shouted as I brushed the snow off my head.
Hiei smirked and jumped down from the tree.
"Geeeez, I just noticed my toes feel like icicles! I should have put shoes on damnit!" I said running into the house, with Hiei following.
"Hey want some hot chocolate?" I asked as I tried to warm my toes with my hands.
"Hn..."
I glared at Hiei.
"Alright, the next time you say 'hn' I'm going to stab you with a freakin' spork!" I growled as I poked him forcefully in the arm.
He raised an eyebrow and then smirked.
"Hn"
I glared evilly at Hiei and pounced on him. We landed with a loud thud on the ground. I saw the worlds smallest smile playing on his lips as I sat on top of him, smirking. I bent down and hovered over his lips with mine. I could tell he was waiting for me to kiss him but all I did was smile and sit up.
"Psych!" I laughed getting off of him.
He growled quietly and stood up.
"Ha ha. Thats what you get!" I said smirking and skipped away.
As I walked down the hall I looked back to see if he was following me. To my disappointment, he wasn't. I sighed and turned around only to yelp and jump back a foot. I glared evilly at the fire demon.
"HIEI!!! For the hundreth time, STOP DOING THAT!!" I yelled, regaining my poster and briskly walking by him.
He grabbed my arm and pulled me into his chest. He was about to kiss me when, of course, we were interupted. I jumped away from Hiei quickly.
"Oh, good. I was wondering where you were, Hiei. You and the gang have to go off on a mission. Come, I will explain it to you and the gang in my office." Koenma said as he turned on his heel and walked in the direction of his office.
Hiei and I walked towards the office in silence. As we walked in, we already saw everyone else there.
"Now gang. This mission may be slightly difficult but, you must succeed. This high class demon knows where the Black Jewel is and will use it to destroy all humans and take over their world. You MUST, bring him back alive. We need the location of that damn jewel! You have no time to train either you must go now." Koenma explained as he opened a portal.
"Oh, oh, oh! Can I go, Koenma, pleeeease?!" i begged as i jumped up in down slightly.
"No!" koenma and Hiei said at the same time.
"Oh come ON! You guys fucking suck. I mean really, if I die then it is MY fault! So just let.me.go!" i stated getting mad.
Koenma just shook his head sternly.
"*sigh* fine....I'll just be sitting in my room....allllll alone..." I said gloomly as I started walking towards the door. I smirked as I made a sharp right and dived into the portal.
"Damn that onna! Hiei go get your girlfriend!" Koenma stated frustrated.
"She is not my girl friend, baka." Hiei said, not moving from his spot.
"Urrgh, we have no time for this! Fine, let her be stubborn. Just GO!" The toddler yelled pointing to the portal.
Everyone rushed through it.
I landed on my ass, like usual, in front of a big opening of a dark cave. All that could be smelled was rotting flesh. I scrunched my nose as I stood up and wiped off my pants. I turned around as I heard the rest of the gang come through the portal.
"Baka onna, get back through that portal, now!" Hiei half-shouted as he gestured to the portal.
I just looked at him and blinked, smiling afterwards.
"Dude, do you honestly think I'm going to listen?haha thats funny." I said walking towards the cave.
Suddenly Hiei was infront of me, stopping me from continuing.
"Hiei, please just let me take care of myself i'll be fine. Now come on we have to get this demon!" I yelled pushing past him.
Hiei grabbed my arm. I turned around, about to retaliate but was stopped by Hiei holding out his katana. I looked at him confused.
[If you are going to be this stubborn, you atleast need something to protect yourself.] He told me in my mind.
I smiled at him and took the katana from him. The rest of the gang walked quietly behind Hiei and I as we entered the cave. The further we walked into the cave, the stronger the smell got.
"Okay, I'm seriously about to barf." I said as I covered my nose with my 'Mindless Self Indulgence' shirt.
"Yes, I believe we are quite close to the demon." Kurama said as he walked faster to catch up to me and Hiei.
I looked at Kurama with a 'duh' look on my face. I turned back to watch where I was going, only to see an arrow coming straight for my head.
"Geez mother fucking christ!" I yelled diving to the ground.
I flipped over on my back to see where the arrow hit.
"Kuwabara!" Yusuke yelled as he kneeled next to his wounded friend.
The arrow had pierced through his left shoulder. Kuwabara sat up wincing in pain as he grabbed the arrow, trying to stop the pain.
"Fuck, kuwabara are you okay? That had to hurt like a bitch!" i said helping him to his feet.
i tugged on the arrow trying to get it out.
"AHH. Mizuki dont! It hurts too much." kuwabara said swatting my hand away.
I sighed. I knew I had to get it out.
"Kuwabara what the heck is that?!" I yelled pointing to his right.
He whipped his head towards the where I was pointing. I took my chance and yanked the arrow out of his shoulder while he was side-tracked. Blood splattered against my shirt. All that could be heard was Kuwabara's screams.
"Shut up you baka!" Hiei said sternly.
I looked at him slightly confused when I heard the seriousness in his voice. Soon after I could hear obnoxiously loud foot steps.
"Ah I see Koenma has finally sent his team. I was planning on you all." A huge purple demon said, glaring.
He looked over each one of us and stopped on me. His glare turned into a sly smile. He just kept staring and smiling at me and it soon pissed me off.
"Take a picture it will last longer, ugly fucker." I said glaring at the beast.
The demon's smile faded and turned into a very, very angry frown.
"Wench. Come to me, now!" The demon demanded as he held out his hand.
"Yes, because I am actually going to walk right to my death." I said sarcastically.
"Yes, yes you will." he said darkly.
I had a look of confusion on my face as my feet started moving foward on their own.
"W-what the fuck!" I yelled trying to stop myself from moving forward.
The demon just laughed maniacally as his hand continued to glow a white/green. I gasped as I felt myself being picked up. I looked up to see Hiei glaring at the demon as i was held in his arms.
"Grrr. Hand over the girl!" The demon snarled as he ran towards Hiei.
Hiei quickly reacted and jumped to the side, making the demon crash into the cave wall.
"What do you want me with anyway?!" I asked as I still clung on to Hiei for dear life.
"Haha. Dont play like you dont know, girl." The demon said as he recovered from the fall.
I looked at him quizically, as in to tell him I had no idea what he was talking about.
The demon saw my expression and smirked.
"So, you really dont know?"
"Do I look like I know, retard!" I yelled jumping out of Hiei's amrs.
The demon's smirk grew bigger and his eyes started to glow a bright yellow. I yelled out as a pain ran through my side. I lifted up my shirt to see a wierd looking black glow eminate from under my skin.
"No.Fucking.Way." Yusuke whispered to no one.
I gripped the ground underneath my hands, hoping the pain would stop.
~Hiei's pov~
The whole time. The whole time we were looking for the damn Black Jewel, it was right there. I watched Mizuki as she almost passed out from the pain. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and ran to her side.
"Hold still." I said, holding her up.
She did her best to stand on her own as I helped her to stand with my arm around her waist. I took out my katana with my other hand and quickly cut open her side, where the black glow was. She yelped as she felt the open wound.
'[Onna, i dont mean to hurt you but i have to do this]' I told Mizuki in her mind right before digging my hand into her side.
She let out a loud scream and I ripped my hand out after grabbing the jewel. Mizuki went weak in my arms and I gently layed her down, out of the way of the fight that was about to take place.