Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You're not fooling me, baka! ❯ "Fight! Fight! Fight!" ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I did my best to keep my eyes open when I saw everyone take a fighting stance. Kuwabara was still holding his shoulder but was ready to fight.
"We do not need to keep the demon alive for Koenma, now knowing where the jewel is." Kurama said.
I adjusted my head so i could see Hiei. He was the closest to the demon and looked the most pissed. I looked at the jewel as Hiei shoved it in his pocket.
"Okay you ugly bastard, lets get this over with." Yusuke yelled, first to take action.
Yusuke jumped in the air and came back down, ready to power kick the demon.
"Ha, silly human!" The demon yelled, quickly moving out of the way.
Yusuke's foot connected with the ground. The demon went to turn towards Hiei, only to find him not there.
"Where did you go, midget?" The demon mummbled looking around.
Finally the demon had the smarts to look up, but only to have a blade connect with his face. The demon let out a slight groan and the top half of his head slid off the rest of the body, landing a few feet from me.
"Well, damn. That was quick." Yusuke said, standing there slightly wide eyed.
"Yeah, i didnt even have to do anything!" Kuwabara said happily.
Hiei was shaking the blood off his katana, while walking over to me.
"Onna, are you able to walk?" Hiei asked, helping me stand up.
I nodded my head but ended up stumbling a little.
"*sigh* Onna." Hiei said in a complaining voice.
He picked me up and walked out of the cave with the others. We all jumped through the portal, landing right in front of Koenma's desk. He looked up from the papers, confused.
"Well? Where is the demon?" Koenma said a little furious.
"Um, well actually. We found out where the jewel was while we were there." Yusuke said leaning against the wall.
"Oh, well then. Where is it?" Koenma asked excitedly.
Hiei set me down on my feet and pulled out the jewel. Koenma jumped up and down, happily.
"Where was it?!" Koenma asked as he took the jewel from Hiei.
"In my fucking side! It hurt like a bitch to get it out too!" I said grabbing my side where the open wound was still bleeding.
Koenma looked at me in disbelief but snapped out of it.
"Well we need to get that wound bandaged. Hiei, please take her to the infirmary." Koenma said as he went off to put the jewel in the safe.
"Ah, that feels alot better. Thanks, old bag." I said to the fat old nurse as I stretched out in my hospital bed.
She 'hmphed' and walked out. I closed my eyes, ready for a nice sleep til I felt weight on the bed. I opened one of my eyes to see two red ones staring back at me.
"Yeah?"
"Onna, you will listen to me next time." Hiei said sternly.
"Why? If I didn't go with you guys to fight that demon then you wouldn't have found the Black Jewel!" I said, sitting up.
Hiei stayed silent and looked away. My mouth curved into a smirk.
"OOOooh. I see now, you were worried! You care about me dont you? You'd be devastated if I had died wouldnt you?" I mocked smiling slyly.
"I would not care." He mumbled still looking away.
"Yes you would"
"No I wouldnt"
"Admit it! you would!" I taunted back.
"hn...."
"Just admit it you care about me and I'll shut up!"
"FINE! Mizuki I care about you you!" Hiei said getting up and walking out, quickly.
I smiled and laughed to myself, laying back down and falling asleep.
~few hours later~
"*Yawn* hmmm, i wonder what time it is...." I asked myself as I hopped out of the hospital bed.
My side was still slightly sore and walking around wasnt helping much. I ended up walking into the kitchen, which was pitch black.
"Oh, well I guess its late.*sigh*. Dont they keep a damn clock in this flippin' place?" I said to myself, stumbling around for the light.
Suddenly the lights flicked on, making me whip around in surprise. I shut my eyes in pain as i groaned clutching my side.
"What are you doing up, onna?" Hiei asked, standing there only in his pants.
"I...um...wanted to see what time it was....why are you up?" I asked trying to keep my mind off of the shirtless Hiei that stood before me.
Hiei smirked and it clicked in my head.
"Hiei! Stop reading my mind you dirt bag!" i yelled attempting to push him, which did nothing except made him smirk again.
"Fine, be stubborn. I'm going to bed!" I said walking out of the kitchen.