Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You're not fooling me, baka! ❯ "Uh oh." ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I opened my eyes, slowly. I felt like I only slept for a few hours the night before. I rolled over only to be greeted my a peppy blue haired girl.
"MORNING!! Its christmas get up! Get up!" Botan stated trying to pull me out of bed.
"Okay okay....I'm up..." I said standing up and scratching my messy hair.
"Okay, we'll meet you down stairs! Its time to open presents." she said skipping out merrily.
As soon as she was gone I plopped back down on the bed and fell back to sleep.
[Onna, wake up. You are not leaving me down here with these bakas.] Hiei said in my mind.
[ah...hiei leave me alone....I dont care, you can suffer..] I said back in my mind tiredly.
Suddenly I was dropped on the floor. My eyes opened and I looked up at a smirking Hiei.
"Well geez Hiei!" I said getting up and straightening out my night pants and shirt.
"Fine, fine. I'll come down." I sighed and walked down stairs with Hiei.
"Finally, sheesh Mizuki i didnt think you would ever come down." yusuke said laughing.
"You should know by now i HATE mornings, Yusuke..."I said glaring at him.
"Well....anyway lets exchange gifts, shall we?" Yukina said sweetly.
I was siked about all my gifts! I got a 'Mindless self Indulgence' poster, a black shirt with a multi-colored peace sign on it, a few video games, a bunch of CD's, a Nightmare Before Christmas jacket, and the most awesome silver lightening bolt necklace from Hiei. He was still examining his new katana. He refused to admit it, but I knew he liked it. I still had his katana, from the day that we went to fight that demon. I take it everywhere with me, not just that I want to but Hiei also makes me have some sort of weapon with me at all times.
"Well...now that all the presents are opened...I'm going back to bed!" I siad walking up the stairs.
"Oh no you dont! It's christmas and you are spending time with your loved ones!" Botan said dragging me back down the steps.
"What else is there to do on chistmas besides open presents?" I said in a slight aggrevated voice.
"Didnt you do anything else on christmas besides open presents before you came here." Keiko asked curiously.
"Dude, i didnt even GET presents on christmas...in fact i never even celebrated christmas." I said in an obvious voice.
The girls looked at me curiously.
"Well, living in an orphanage, I was obviously too poor to celebrate christmas then living with an evil foster mom that adopted me just because she'll get $550 a month that she uses on alchohol." I said as nicely as my attitude would let me.
I put on a fake smile trying to make them believe it was okay. I looked at Hiei who was sitting in the corner but was staring at me intently.
[ Dude,will you get out of my head!] i said to Hiei through my mind.
"Hn.."
"Mizuki, we are going to show you what a real christmas is like. Come on, we're going ice skating!" Botan exclaimed, grabbing me and pulling me up stairs.
"I still dont understand HOW you got me out here..." I said trying to hold on to Kurama's side as he tried to teach me how to ice skate.
We were on a frozen lake in the back of koenma's palace. Hiei sat on a frozen tree watching everyone. I was the only person having trouble.
"alright mizuki. I'm going to let you go now. Let's see how you do" Kurama said gently letting me go.
I stood in one spot attempting to keep my balance. Kurama gently pushed me, which didnt agree with my feet. My eyes went wide as i grabbed onto Kurama's jacket, sending us both to the ground.
I burst out laughing as kurama sat there, rubbing his back from the fall. I looked at the rest of the gang to see them laughing too.
"Okay, okay, I give up!" I said taking my skates off and gliding over the ice on my socks, which i found much easier to do.
I walked under the tree Hiei was on and kept curling my toes from the cold. I wanted to climb up the tree but I knew I would fall because of the ice.
"Hiei! help me up!" I asked in a demanding voice.
He just opened one eye and looked down at me but then closed them again.
"Well thanks for acknowledging me!" I mummbled still looking up at him.
"Fine, if i fall and crack my head open then its your fault spikey!" I said to him and started climbing the tree.
Surprisingly, I made it up there without a scratch and sat next to Hiei.
"You sure are quiet today. Is there a reason why?" I asked the fire demon.
After a moment he still hadnt said anything.
"I havent had a real christmas either. Even though I still dont see the point of this holiday." Hiei said, now with his eyes open.
I smiled at him and hugged him.
"*sigh* are you ever going to hug me back?" I asked after letting go.
He didnt say anything. I felt like I was being watched and i looked over to see Botan smiling widely at us. I glared at Botan, making her smile wider but turned away to go ice skate again. I turned back towards Hiei only to have my lips captured by his. It seemed to only last a second, but I wish it lasted longer. I smiled at hiei as he just looked away from my gaze.
"Happy now?" He asked quietly.
I just smiled and sighed happily into the cold winter air.
~Kurama's pov~
I looked up at Hiei and Mizuki. Hiei had just kissed her and I stood there on the frozen lake with jealousy boiling up inside me. Mizuki and I had been friends for a very long time and I had grown a love for her, but not a brotherly love. I wanted her and I was hoping she would see that one day. But she only looked at me as a brother. If I was mean enough I'd go over there right now and rip her away from Hiei and kiss her, but I could never do such a thing. They are both finally happy even if it means I have to suffer. I was brought out of my thoughts by a voice.
"Kurama are you okay?" Keiko asked as she skated over to me.
I quickly looked away from my two friends in the tree and turned around to speak to Keiko.
"Yes, of course, I am fine" I said as nicely as possible.
"Oh, okay you just looked upset about something that's all." She said patting me on the shoulder.
I smiled weakly at her.
"No, no Keiko i'm fine dont worry about me. I think I'm going to go inside though..." I said quietly and skated off to the edge of the frozen lake to take my skates off.
Every few seconds I'd look up to see Mizuki smiling lovingly at Hiei, as he ignored her by just leaning against the tree with his eyes closed. It made my blood boil to see how much Hiei didnt seem to care for the most wonderful girl in the universe. If Mizuki was with me, I would give her so much love she wouldnt need anyone else in the world but me. I sighed and stalked off inside, trying to ignore the demon side of me that was begging to rip Hiei apart...
rawr