Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You're not fooling me, baka! ❯ "An ex-girlfriend...wait...What?!" ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


"Ahh, finally. I thought we would NEVER get done with this damn report!" I said to Hiei as I slid the report paper into my messanger bag.
"I'm still annoyed with you though! You never took me to the Makai!" I whined to him as I thought about our deal.
He looked thoughtful for a second and then turned to me.
"Let's go then." he said standing up and walking out of my room.
"YAY!"
I ran out of the room behind Hiei and saw him walking down the hall towards Koenma's office. As we walked in, Koenma looked up from his now empty desk, thanks to me. I finally gave him that day off and filed all his papers.
"Oh, hello you two. Do you need something?" Koenma asked as he leaned back in his chair.
"Actually yeah, Hiei said he would take me to the Makai so we need a portal!" I said excitedly.
Koenma gave Hiei a look.
" Hiei you know I cant do that. Mizuki....it is just too dangerous for you to go there! Even with Hiei by your side." Koenma explained.
I glared at him.
"Koenma open a damn portal NOW!" I said glaring at him so hard, it seems as though I was trying to kill him.
He slunk down in his seat.
"F-fine but if you die, dont ask me to bring you back to life!" the toddler yelled and opened a portal.
I had a happy face on as I grabbed Hiei's hand and jumped into the portal. Soon enough, we landed. I looked around at the vast jungle that surrounded us.
"Woooooow." I said to no one.
"C'mon let's go look around!" I shouted still holding on to Hiei's hand and running about.
I stopped runnning when we got to a meadow where a fluffy oddly red colored bunny sat.
"Aww little bunny- AHH NOT A LITTLE BUNNY!" I yelled and jumped behind Hiei as the bunny grew 80X the size it was before.
Hiei smirked at me and rolled his eyes taking out his katana and sliced it in half.
"Yay go Hiei!" I said doing a victory dance.
Suddenly there was a strong gust of wind that almost succeeded in knocking me over.
"What the hell was that?" I asked Hiei.
He stayed quiet for a second. He seemed to be consentrating.
"We should move." is all Hiei said as he grabbed my arm and started walking away.
There was another storng wind and I turned towards the direction it was coming from only to see a very beautiful girl standing there. She smiled when she looked at Hiei, who was still trying to pull me in a different direction.
"Hiei" The woman shouted out.
He growled and turned to face her.
"Kazeko..." Hiei said through gritted teeth.
"It is such a surprise to see you here, I have missed you my love." the woman known as Kazeko said.
I stood there dumb-founded, trying to figure out who she was to him. I kept looking at Hiei to Kazeko then back to Hiei then back to her.
"Who is this ningen that you have brought with you, though? A servant perhaps?" Kazeko stated with humor in her voice.
"Servant?! I am no servant you little-" I was cut off by Hiei.
"kazeko, I have no business with you. Mizuki, we are leaving, let's go." Hiei said walking off.
"No way! Hold on I want to know who the fuck she is!" I said throwing my arms in the air.
"Well, silly human, I am Hiei's mate." Kazeko said smirking.
My mouth dropped a mile as I glared at her then turned to Hiei.
"MATE?!"
Hiei growled and looked at the wind demon.
"We were never mates, Kazeko. Stop spreading lies." He said getting angry.
"But didnt you ask me to be your mate, so long ago?"
Hiei stayed silent.
"Thats what I thought. But now you have forgotten and are with a useless ningen now?" Kazeko said gesturing to me.
What she was saying was starting to get to me.
[Onna, do not let her get to you. She may be a wind demon but her powers also feed off of sadness.] Hiei said to me through my mind.
I just sighed and looked down trying to ignore her comments.
"Well Hiei, I refuse to lose you to some baka ningen!" Kazeko yelled and swiped her fan in mid-air.
A huge blast came from the fan coming straight towards me. I quickly pulled out my katana to block it, but Hiei beat me to it.
"heh, heh. Okay, so you have Hiei to fight your battles? But can you fight, girl?!" She yelled coming at me.
I got into fighting stance and quickly blocked her side-kick. Hiei came from behind her and cut her back with his katana.
"Hiei! Stay out of this, its my fight!" I said and swung at Kazeko's right arm, only leaving a scratch.
Hiei looked at me sternly.
[For once in your life wil lyou stop being stubborn onna! She's a demon!] He said to me.
"Stop distracting me and get out of the way, Hiei!" I yelled right before I got punched in the jaw.
"Yes, Hiei, listen to your servant." Kazeko taunted.
"Rrrr! I'm not a servant!" I yelled kicking her in the gut.
She got up from the ground and...slapped me?
"Bitch...did you...just...did you just slap me?! Who the fuck slaps when they are in a life or death battle?!" I yelled punching her in the jaw.
She fell to the ground. I stood there, slightly confused.
"Did I just beat her that easily?" I asked myself.
I shrugged and walked over to Hiei who looked just as confused as I was.
"Well. I'm annoyed, lets go home. I have some things to talk to you about. Let's start off with....you were supposed to mate her?!" I said with annoyance and poked him in the arm with my katana.
He sighed quietly and started to walk off. As we walked into a random direction, I heard a noise behind me. I turned around only to be blown backwards and into a tree. The next thing I saw was darkness.
~Hiei's pov~
I didnt like how Kazeko went down so easily. I knew something was up but ignored it. Mizuki wasnt happy that I was supposed to mate Kazeko. Hell, I wasn't happy about it being brought up either. Mizuki and I started walking off until we both heard a noise and turned around. Mizuki was thrown into a far off tree by Kazeko's surprise attack. I turned to see Mizuki, but she was passed out cold and I could smell her blood.
"Ah, finally we are alone Hiei." The wind demon said to me sweetly.
"Kazeko, that was low, even for you." I said to her.
"I dont understand why you would care so much for a ningen! You used to think they were weak and useless. Now all of a sudden you are with one?" Kazeko said getting mad, which made the winds blow strongly.
I gritted my teeth and tightened my hands around my katana, ready to attack.
"Fine, Hiei. If that is the way you want it. If I can't have you, no one can!" She yelled sending her strongest attack at me.
I easily dodged with my speed and ran at her, head on. I quickly sliced at her making a large gash in her stomach. She fell to the ground but wasnt dead.
"You deserve to die a slow and painful death, Kazeko." I stated walking towards Mizuki.
"H-hiei..why? You used to love me.." Kazeko said gasping for air.
"I never loved you. I was young and foolish."
I called for a portal and picked Mizuki up. There was blood all over the ground that was coming from the wound on the back of her head. The portal finally opened and I jumped through.
"Back so soon.....Mizuki! Oh my...grr..hiei you were supposed to take care of her!" Koenma yelled as I hastily walked out of his office and towards the hospital wing.
I passed the fox on the way.
"Mizuki! Hiei what happened to her?" Kurama asked, now following me to the hospital.
I said nothing and kept walking. Finally we got there and I laid her down in one of the beds. A doctor came rushing in and kicking us out of the room. I went back to Koenma's office with kurama on my heels, asking me a million questions.
"Alright hiei. Now tell us what happened." Kurama said angrily.
"To keep it short. She was being herself, stubborn." I said simply.
~Hour later, Mizuki's Pov~
I woke up with a mad headache.
"Geeeez...ow my head.." I said opening my eyes.
I looked around and realized something...where was?
"Whats going on!!!!" I yelled scared out of my mind.
Suddenly two men I didnt know and Shuichi came rushing in which scared the shit out of me.
"Shuichi, where am I and who are they?!" I yelled getting frustrated with not knowing anything.
The men exchanged confused looks.
"Mizuki...oh no..." Shuichi stated looking at me worridly.
"She has amnesia...this is not good." He said
"If she has amnesia then how does she remember you?" A teenaged looking boy said that had a binky.
"I'm not sure but it may be because she has known me most of her life...she has known you two less than a year." shuichi said sitting on the bed next to me.
"You really dont remember them, Mizuki?" he said rubbing my back.
I looked at the two men again. But lingered on the spikey haired one.
"I...N-no." I said holding my head.
"Kurama, Hiei i need to speak to you both. privately." The one with the binky said.
Shuichi nodded told me to stay here, while walking out.
"Wait....who's Kurama..." I said confused.
~Kurama's Pov~
Hiei, Koenma, and I stood in his office.
"Since Mizuki doesnt remember anything, I believe it would be best for her to go back to her own world and forget about any of us. You have found the black jewel so the gang doesnt have to be in her school anymore so we can transfer everyone out. I believe it would just be safer for her. She can go back to a normal life and just know 'Shuichi'. We just have to bring her back to the ningenkai while she is asleep. Its all pretty simple." Koenma explained.
At first I wanted to object but than thought about it. He was right, She would be safer. I looked at Hiei to see him glaring at Koenma, who seemed to notice.
"*sigh* Hiei, I know you are not happy about this but you know it is best for her." I tried to make him feel better.
"Hn"
"Where are you going Hiei?" Koenma asked, putting a hand on his shoulder, stopping him from walking out.
"You cant see Mizuki, she has to forget about you Hiei." Koenma said.
Hiei shrugged his hand off and continued to walk out.
"I dont care about that baka onna.." Hiei said with his head down.
"Kurama, we will bring her back tonight. I will inform the others not to make contact with her." Koenma said.
I nodded and walked off to go talk to Mizuki. This was actually working perfect for me. She would completely forget about Hiei, which meant room for me....
~Mizuki's Pov~
I still sat in the hospital bed, waiting for them to come back. I looked up when I heard a noise to see shuichi standing there.
"Hi....where am I shuichi?" I asked still tired and confused.
He looked thoughtful for a second.
"Oh..um...you're in a hospital, you um....hit your head." He said nervously.
I just raised my eyebrow.
"Who were those to guys?" i asked confused.
"Um....hospital workers."
"Suuuure..You knoe, you are a bad liar, but you are lucky
i'm to lazy to actually care. I'm going back to sleep I am annoyed with how confused I am." I said yawning and laying back down.
Shuichi smiled and came over and kissed my forehead. I smiled up at him.
"Goodnight Mizuki." He said walking out.
After that I fell into a pretty deep sleep.