Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yu Yu Hakusho: Rakuto's Return ❯ Chapter 2: Hiei's Secret ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Please take note: Yu Yu Hakusho and all its characters are the property of Yoshihiro Togashi, Weekly Shonen Jump, Fuji Television, Studio Pierrot, FUNimation, so on, whatever else, etc. etc. All song lyrics © Warner Bros. Records Inc.

[there's my disclaimer. A little more at the end. *sigh* I know, but I have to.]

Please don't sue me. @.@

*

WARNING: This contains Yaoi content. [between Kurama and Hiei. Who else? XD]

Also contains violence and cursing.

*

Kurama333 brings you:

Rakuto's Return

*

*

Shut up!

Hiei simply growled an angry response. He had no time for this.

"Fine, god damn it! Be that freaking way!' Kuwabara yelled at Hiei, completely frustrated. He crossed his arms angrily over his chest, his brows furrowing to his anger. Damn that little runt. He knows we're lost, and he still leads both of us in circles! We've seen this damn tree four times before! How the hell did I get stuck with him?

Hiei glared at Kuwabara before returning hi search over the savannah.

They were in the middle of a large grassy plain, with only a few trees growing every hundred feet or so, providing very little shade to the blazing red sun. There wasn't even the slightest breeze blowing.

Kuwabara was perspiring considerably more than Hiei, as Kuwabara had not grown up here and wasn't used to such hot climate like Hiei or even Kurama. Kuwabara decided he'd rest in what little shade the tree provided while he could, before continuing the never-ending search.

Hiei let Kuwabara rest as he joined the taller in the shade of the tree, but he seemed to become more and more anxious to be moving the more they stayed still, and he began to pace back and forth beneath the tree's shade.

Hiei suddenly looked up and shoved Kuwabara into the dead grass face down and disappeared to the side.

"What the hell, you little-" The tree exploded in an array of colorful light before disintegrating. Kuwabara wore a look of complete surprise. "Oh… man,"

Hiei stood to the side, glaring at a youkai with short flaming red spiked hair, a lone long band of tied hair was the only part not, as it trailed down to the small of the youkai's back. He wore a happy grin on his face and held his hand out. "Aww, darn." He said in an amused, revealing tone. "… I missed."

Hiei snarled. "Ch!" he prepared to fight.

** ** ** **

Yu Yu Hakusho

Rakuto's Return

Chapter Two: Hiei's Secret

It's easier to run

Replacing this pain with something numb.

It's so much easier to go,

Than face all this pain here all alone.

-Linkin Park [Easier To Run]

** ** ** **

Yusuke had never repeated the same thing so many times in his life. Kurama's stepfather just didn't seem to listen to what he was saying. He explained it again. That being on the bed was, in fact, Kurama, also named Shuichi. It wasn't some sick joke; that they had indeed snuck him out from the hospital. That no one there could have helped him, and his life was in horrible danger.

Kazuya only shook his head in anger as he paced back and forth in the small crowded hospital room. Yusuke was just repeating the same things over and over. Kazuya shook his head. He always wondered why Shuichi acted that way, but he never thought it was because he was a reformed youkai! This just didn't make sense all over. And it was even worse that his wife, Shiori and his son, Shu-chan, believed it! They believed it! Every single word!

"All right, Yusuke. I knew you were always a troublemaker, and I always told Shuichi not to hang out with you, but I never, I NEVER! Thought you would sink to pulling something like this." Kazuya became very angry with Yusuke.

Yusuke gritted his teeth tightly and growled. "Look." He said through gritted teeth in a slower tone. "I know it's a little far fetched. And I seriously don't care what you think of me, and to tell the truth: I'd rather not hear it. I'm not trying to trick you, and I'm being as respectful as I can, but he-" he jerked his hand over his shoulder, motioning to Kurama as he words began to carry more anger in them.

"He needs help, right now, and I'm sure he doesn't need you're `this is a trick' shit!"

Yusuke calmed himself down. "Now, two very good friends are off in another world- trying to save him, but it'll do no good if he's in trouble when they get him back- so we need to get him out of here as fast as possible! And I'm not arguing about it anymore!"

"I'll help." Shu-chan offered immediately after Yusuke finished, trying to stop the flaming mood.

Kazuya glared at his son in surprise that he spoke up. "Don't you go and listen to him now. He's just making it all-"

"Kazuya…" it was Shiori. She spoke in a soft tone and walked up to him. She looked up, straight into his eyes. "Please believe him."

"Shiori, how can you- how can you believe what he's saying? This ~thing~ ant be Shuichi!!" Kazuya argued.

"Kazuya… listen to me." She held his hands in her own. "I know it sounds insane, but I know that's Shuichi. I can't explain it, I just know. And now he's sick. He has other friends already helping him, but he need us to help him too."

Kazuya took a deep breath in. he couldn't believe he was actually thinking of doing what he was thinking. Shiori continued to search his eyes. After a minute to two he let his breath out. "Tell me what you need."

Yusuke nodded. "Okay, now I have a plan, but it's going to be kinda out there"

** ** ** **

Hiei was ready to draw his sword.

Kuwabara stood. "Who the heck are-" kuwabara stopped in mid sentence when the youkai laughed loudly and blipped off out of sight.

Hiei broke his stance and started after the youkai, but only met a wall of flying dirt as it shot upward in front of him, cutting him off for a few seconds. The dirt fell, and dust slowly settled. Hiei charged through the dust, careful to be ambushed. "Show yourself!"

Kuwabara brushed the dirt off himself and coughed. "Hey, Hiei, wait up!" he searched the dust for the fire koorime. He caught sight of him far away in the dust, heading in the opposite direction. Kuwabara raced after him.

Hiei was in a rage. No one just attacked him and just ran away, especially not at this time. He raced forward more, now out of the dust and making his way through a loose forest, barely able to hear Kuwabara trying to catch up behind him.

Kuwabara huffed, out of breath. He had practically ran across the rest of the grassland and through a lot of forest to catch up to Hiei. If he knew where he was before, he definitely didn't now. "Hiei… What the fuck… why'd he run? He had us right there…"

"You truly are an idiot. Did you ever think he's somehow related to Kurama's illness?" Hiei retorted, still searching angrily.

"Yeah, actually, I did. But if you had stopped earlier to listen to me, …" Kuwabara stopped, noticing Hiei glaring at him. "Hey, shorty! Listen here, did you ever stop to think that all this: the attack, the dust, the way he ran off draggin you behind him- all this, was a distraction?!?" Kuwabara flamed at Hiei.

Hiei stopped dead in his tracks. You could tell now that it was quiet, that Hiei was out of breath from searching so much so fast. "What. Did you say?" he spoke in a cold threat.

"A distraction, you runt." Kuwabara replied.

"DAMN IT… how could I fall for such a stupid thing!? And to have you be the one to figure it out!" Hiei let out a string of Makai curse words.

"So why'd ya come?" Kuwabara interrupted in the middle of another long string of words. Hiei froze.

He stood there looking in confusion at air and thought, speaking out loud. "I mean, come on, I know you and Kurama are more alike then you and me or Yusuke, but still, that doesn't explain why you stayed there so long at his side that you fell asleep next to him and didn't even hear us come in…" he thought some more.

Hiei turned around. In his most neutral voice he said: "Kurama's a friend."

"Huh?" Kuwabara looked closer at Hiei. "Is that… concern? For some one other than yourself?"

"Hn. Shut up, you idiot." Hiei grumbled. "If Kurama's gone, then there's only one other good fighter besides me. If he lives, there are two."

Kuwabara enraged at Hiei. "What's that supposed to mean you-"

"Are you done resting? Or do you need more time to get more pathetic energy?" Hiei said, still turned around.

"Hey, I see what you're doing. You're trying to throw me off the topic." Kuwabara mused.

" No I'm not. Now are you done-" Hiei started, angry.

"No, cus now you got me curious. What's going on between you two? I mean, just the other day I could've sworn I saw Kurama wearing something around his neck that looked an awful lot like a tear gem." Hiei froze as Kuwabara searched in his shirt for something.

He pulled out a small light blue pearl-like gem on a delicate leather string and watched how it shined in the light. "Sorta like this one."

Hiei turned to look and nearly fell over surprised as he jumped forward to get a closer look. He suddenly reached for it yelling: " where the hell did you-" Kuwabara pulled it out of his reach.

" No way! Its mine! Yukina gave it to me cus she likes me! Why, are you jealous that I got something from a beautiful girl and you didn't?"

Hiei became very angry, and some spirit energy blew around him, released in his anger. "JEALOUS?!? WHY THE HELL WOULD I BE JEALOUS?!? What the fuck did you do to her to make her cry?!?"

Kuwabara became more curious, yet angry at the same time. "Hey, shorty, I didn't make her cry! She likes me, so she gave it to me! And why would you care so much? Its none of yer bizness, runt!" he looked at Hiei in angry confusion.

Hiei grabbed Kuwabara's shirtfront. "Just tell me what the FUCK you did to my SISTER!!!"

Kuwabara stared in amazement.

Hiei froze. Shit. Shit shit shit. Why WHY did I have to do that?

"Wait…what did you say?" Kuwabara asked, still in shock.

"I said nothing you-" Hiei was in a desperate rage, as he stood motionless.

"Your sister? Yukina? Your sister? You're kidding right? But she's so nice and sweet and innocent and you're a rude little half pint! You two look nothing alike! Well, maybe the height but still- How come you never told me? Wait, does Yukina know? Are ya gonna tell her? Why didn't you tell her before-"

Hiei screamed in rage and disappeared from sight, leaving Kuwabara alone in the plant growth to think of the new information.

Wow. Yukina's his sister. Never saw that one comin'.

** ** ** **

Kurama couldn't take it anymore, he had finally passed out. He couldn't take any more pain right now.

His torturer smiled at this fact and examined the sleeping youko's wounds, especially those around his wrists and ankles. The fox had been struggling to the bonds, he saw, as they cut deep into his skin.

He didn't loosen the bonds, but he did reposition them to a spot a small way further up his arms and feet. He knew as soon as he did loosen them, even by a fraction, the youko would attack and escape… and, after all, the youko would stay alive longer for him to enjoy his pain.

He laughed at his ingeniousness, as he made sure the thick black blindfold covering the youko's eyes was in place. After all, he didn't want to reveal his identity so soon- he wanted the fox to remember this for the rest of his time!

The demon left the youko and walked down a stone hallway painted a striking color of golden tan. The place his prisoner was held had purposefully been left as a crude cave to fill the fox's sharp sense of smell with dirt and dust. It only left the traitor of a demon weaker.

The demon turned a corner and entered a room; the door shutting behind him with a loud beep. He couldn't help but walk to a mirror first place, reminding himself of why he tortured the fox. He looked into the reflection of his dark blue eyes, his medium sized brows in a constant look of anger. His dark hair came down more on the right side of his face, hiding part of the counters that he used to love so much. On the right side of his right eye, there was metal grafted into his head; a relatively small amount, but a reminder of the human lovers that he hated so much. The skin around the metal and on part of his chin looked wrinkled and torn; a deep scar running over his eye to his upper lip; his eye permanently partially closed.

The damn humans. They had ruined his appearance so much, and now he would lash back, at all of them, eventually… but for now, he would start with this one, the kitsune.

"You shall regret what you did." He said, speaking in the empty room. "You all shall regret the day you decided to challenge Rakuto…"

*

[End of Chapter 2: Hiei's Secret]

*

The pointed second hand counts down the life I lead~~~

Marking off my legacy of worldly deeds~~~

Tick tock tick!

Constantly I think of things I cant complete~~~

But its time to throw them into the back seat!~~

La la laaaaaaaaaa (^^;; I don't know what the last words are supposed to be!)

*

*

[Afterthoughts: Wow. Hiei finally slipped up and someone else knows about Yukina! Amazing! That was funny, I always wanted to write about when Hiei slipped or told others about Yukina. I finally decided: since he's not one to give up and tell, I made him screw up. *laughs*… So, the bad man has been introduced: Rakuto. And you found out one reason why he hates them. He's actually modeled after someone, can you guess who? Anyway, find out more on the next chapter!]

[Please read and review!! XD]

{Theme song used near beginning of chapter by Linkin Park. Ending theme is Homework [I think that's what its called. If anyone wants to tell me for sure, that would be greatly appreciated.] from Yu Yu Hakusho's ending theme.}

[Please don't sue me. @.@]

[If you want the song theme things gone, tell me, and POOF, they're gone! Well, not just cus you hate them or something, but for a… reasonable purpose. ]