Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yu Yu Hakusho: Rakuto's Return ❯ Chapter 3: Hospitol Escape ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Please take note: Yu Yu Hakusho and all its characters are the property of Yoshihiro Togashi, Weekly Shonen Jump, Fuji Television, Studio Pierrot, FUNimation, so on, whatever else, etc. etc. All song lyrics © Warner Bros. Records Inc.

[there's my disclaimer. A little more at the end. *sigh* I know, but I have to.]

Please don't sue me. @.@

*

WARNING: This contains Yaoi content. [between Kurama and Hiei. Who else? XD]

Also contains violence and cursing.

*

Kurama333 brings you:

Rakuto's Return

*

*

"Hiei … I love you."

He said softly, waiting for a response. Hiei just stood there staring at the ground in silence. He's going to drill a hole in the ground, Kurama thought. He was waiting for the koorime to say something, some sign at all, but he didn't, so Kurama spoke again; a slightly higher more casual tone in his voice as an attempt to get a response.

"Well, there you go, that was the third time, and you still haven't said anything. Did you hear what I said?"

Hiei continued to stare. What do I say to your words, fox? …

Kurama made a decision, as he knelt down in front of Hiei, looking up at his fiery eyes, which were still staring at the same spot on the carpet. Kurama placed his right hand on Hiei's cheek. "Hiei……" he leaned forward and kissed Hiei full, closing his eyes in the process.

Hiei was shocked by the move, yet some new pleasing feeling as well. It wasn't that he didn't like the kitsune, he just didn't know how to show his feelings to him. He really didn't know how to show many feelings and had never been through something like this before. He began to pull away from the kiss, but something inside him stopped his retreat, and he closed his eyes as he felt himself making his weak attempt to return the kiss to Kurama. His stomach fluttered and a sudden warmth spread to the rest of his body. It felt strange, yet it seemed to make him feel extremely good; nervous in a way, yet so very excited. Almost like wanting something so much, and not knowing if you would never get it, then suddenly it was shoved right there.

Kurama finished the kiss and pulled back, looking once again into Hiei's eyes that were slowly opening from the kiss. "How about now?" he asked softly. He was still kneeling in front of Hiei.

Hiei still didn't know what to do. He dared a quick look into the kitsune's green eyes, but he couldn't look for long as his eyes returned to the same spot he was staring at before. He wanted to do something at least, but he just couldn't think of it. He finally decided to just say what was on his mind. "Kurama…"

Kurama listened calmly, hanging on Hiei's words.

"Kurama, I…" he breathed in sharply. "I LOVE YOU TOO!" he disappeared quickly after the last word.

Kurama sat back on his feet. He was so utterly happy to hear those words from Hiei, so happy he felt the same way, even if it did take him a while to respond. Kurama just sat there, smiling happily.

** ** ** **

Yu Yu Hakusho

Rakuto's Return

Chapter Three: Hospital Escape

Try to give you warning,

But everyone ignores me.

[Told you everything loud and clear]

But nobody's listening.

Call to you so clearly,

But you don't want to hear me.

[Told you everything loud and clear]

But nobody's listening

-Linkin Park [Nobody's Listening]

** ** ** **

Yusuke stiffened as he looked around nervously. They were passing the final and largest of the nurse desks; this one at the front, near the entrance of the crowded hospital. The nurse was looking at him with a quizzical look; her notepad frozen in her hands, no doubt wondering what he was doing and where he was going with the mysterious patient he was strolling in front of him.

He tried to make his nervous laugh seem normal. "I'm so relieved that `Keiko' is doing alright. And the baby too, of course! I didn't want anything to go wrong in any way."

He realized he was sweating more than usual from nervousness, and he involuntarily gripped the handles of the chair tighter. So tight, that he feared when he tried to pry them loose, he'd find out they were stuck to the rubber and would not be released.

The nurse seemed to happily accept his `relieved' reply to her stare, and she returned to her things on the computer. A nearby doctor smiled at the quartet before returning to his work of diagnosing a sleeping boy with a deep bloody cut on his forehead.

Shiori smiled in agreement to Yusuke and pleasant hello to the doctor. She leaned in only slightly closer to Yusuke and spoke in a silent whisper. "Good idea. They seemed to take that well."

Yusuke nodded slightly, so that no one else would notice the two talking. "Thanks."

"Almost there." Kazuya hissed in a low voice, his arm on his sons shoulder, as if comforting Shu-chan who probably seemed, to others watching, to be Yusuke's younger brother.

Shiori had a gentle hand on `Keiko's' shoulder, not only to make their actions less obvious, but also to make sure the flimsy tan hat over the light silver hair didn't suddenly fall off to reveal pointed fox ears and a sleeping demon.

It was the only thing Yusuke could manage think of on such short notice to get Kurama quickly to safety outside of the hospital: dress and cover the fox up and try to sneak him out as a pregnant woman recently released. It was such a stupidly simple plan, but it was the only way he could think of to hide Kurama's youko tail, as it was hidden doubled upon itself and lumped on his lap beneath a thick blanket pulled almost all the way to his neck.

`Keiko' was jus the only name he could think of. He knew if they had designated a name to use, he would have forgot it, slipped up, and screwed them all. They each continued on in their weak formation out the front doors to the building and onto the side parking lot.

They had called a taxi earlier, and the yellow painted car waited for them, engine running and making loud noises at them. Once to the vehicle, Yusuke hopped in the car and pulled Kurama into the back seat with him as Kazuya stood outside helping Yusuke.

Shiori had moved the wheelchair out of the way. After they got the demon in, Yusuke leaned over him to hand Kazuya a crumpled piece of paper with writing scribbled on it.

"Here's the address I'll take him too. He should be safe there. The phone number's there too if you cant find the place. If you call, make sure to ask for Shizuru Kuwabara, just in case."

Kazuya took the paper and handed it to Shiori. He began to close the door then stopped half way for a second. "Yusuke, …"

"Yea?' Yusuke replied with a sigh. He really didn't feel like hearing another grim remark about the stupidity of this `fake joke'.

"… Take care of him." Kazuya looked away in a way so that no one could see the look on his face.

"No prob. You can trust me!" Yusuke grinned as Kazuya shut the door the rest of the way. What would ya know? I think he's starting to like me.

The family watched the taxi with Yusuke and Kurama drive off and turn the corner. Kazuya sighed. "I sure hope I can trust you, Yusuke."

"Of course you can!" Shu-chan piped up in a friendly tone, comforting his mother, whose tears had begun to return to her.

"Yea… of course I can…" Kazuya whispered softly under his breath.

** ** ** **

Rakuto sat in a hard chair, watching a small screen set before him showing a red headed humans memories as he viewed them in his sleep. It made him increasingly angry as he watched the youko have such a good dream, reliving the happy past he was able to experience. Even after all the pain he had put him through.

He growled; he was about to leave when he noticed the fox awakening again.

"Ah, so you awake again to enjoy the pleasure of pain?" he taunted Kurama, walking up to him and stopping only inches from the youko's face.

Kurama only heard the last half of the sentence, as he perked his ears up to hear more clearly. He twisted his hands and realized the bonds had been moved to a new position, an inch further up his arm. The same went for the ones on his ankles.

"Its no use, you cant break my bonds." Rakuto replied, noticing Kurama's efforts at the bonds. A slight pause as he thought of how to word the questions he would ask, then picked his first. "Why don't you talk? Come on, I'm sure you have very interesting things to say."

"Peh." Kurama spoke in his deep youko voice as he turned his face away; Rakuto following his movements.

"That was quite an interesting dream you had. I wasn't aware you and Hiei were so close; that just makes my plan even better." He grinned. He had Kurama right in his hands. He had them ALL right in his hands.

"What do you plan to do?" Kurama dared the question.

"Ah, so you do talk!" Rakuto backed off and clapped his hands in excitement. "I was beginning to wonder if I had beaten the voice out of you."

"Answer." Kurama looked at the blackness in the direction he had pinpointed the demons voice.

"Ah, yes. I will. I plan to return the favor you and your precious friends bestowed to me. Especially to that dark haired human and the shorter one." Kurama could tell Rakuto was smiling even though he couldn't see.

"How." Kurama asked. At least he could get something out of his tormentor. Hopefully something to allow him to escape and warn the others.

"No no no. That's for me to know only. You have to enjoy the story as it plays out. Now, … I don't have time to play with you more, so I regret to inform you-" he grabbed the side of Kurama's mouth, trying to get him to open so he could pour a foreign liquid in. Kurama held closed tightly. Rakuto kneed him hard in the stomach and Kurama couldn't help but give a small scream of pain, as Rakuto quickly poured the substance in. "-But you will have to sleep for now."

Kurama began to feel light headed and dizzy, despite being held still by sharp awakening bonds. His head swayed as he tried to stay awake, but he finally failed and fell asleep again.

"I have to tend to your friends."

** ** ** **

Kuwabara paced back and forth. He had walked some in the direction he thought he saw Hiei head off in, but he wasn't sure. Now he paced wondering if he was even going the right way. After all, he didn't want to get lost in this place: there'd be no going back. And he was pretty sure Hiei wouldn't come to save him. Kuwabara turned around hearing a voice behind him,-

"Kurama?"

-only to see that Hiei was standing there.

"Goddamn it, you little shrimp! Where the hell'd you go?" Kuwabara screamed, heading towards the fire demon.

Hiei only gave a deadly angry glare at the clumsy idiot.

"You know, you really should-" Kuwabara started, but was interrupted by Hiei.

"Shut up! …" he cocked his head, trying to listen.

"Hey. What's the matter? What-" Kuwabara started again, to be interrupted again.

"I said: Shut Up! I thought I heard…' Hiei suddenly disappeared, the fastest this time and there was no clue to which way he went.

Kuwabara sighed angrily and crossed his arms over his chest. "No friggin' way. I ain't doing ANYTHING til you tell me where the hell you went and what you did!" he grumbled as he turned around. Hearing a sudden noise and feeling someone behind him, he turned around to see Hiei again. "What the fu-"

"You stupid idiot! I know where Kurama IS!" Hiei screamed furiously at Kuwabara before disappearing again.

Kuwabara stood there in surprise as the information seeped into his brain. "… Hey! Wait! Hold on, I'm coming! Jeez!" he raced off in the direction Hiei left.

*

[End of Chapter 3: Hospital Escape]

*

The pointed second hand counts down the life I lead~~~

Marking off my legacy of worldly deeds~~~

Tick tock tick!

Constantly I think of things I cant complete~~~

But its time to throw them into the back seat!~~

La la laaaaaaaaaa (^^;; I don't know what the last words are supposed to be!)

*

*

[Afterthoughts: eh, so far so good, I think, but I'm only getting few reviews! Thanks yous so much to Hiei and Soma, since I last checked they were the only ones who actually reviewed. I need to go look again. Every time I come to post another chapter, I never seem to have time to do anything else but post it before having to leave. ^^;; gomen- but really, I want to know what people think about it, so please PLEASE review!! >< Please please. Ack, I wish I had the guts to get Kiru here, but I fear people might get mad at me. -But while I can't get him here for the after thoughts or anything, he is in my fic! You will meet him soon, I think about the 5th chapter.. I bet your thinking: yeah, whatever, get on with it! So I'll be leaving- Sayonara!]

[Pease read and review!! XD]

{Theme song used near beginning of chapter by Linkin Park. Ending theme is Homework [I think that's what its called. If anyone wants to tell me for sure, that would be greatly appreciated.] from Yu Yu Hakusho's ending theme.}

[Please don't sue me. @.@]

[If you want the song theme things gone, tell me, and POOF, they're gone! Well, not just cus you hate them or something, but for a… reasonable purpose. ]