Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yuske's Words and Hiei's Rapture ❯ The Curse Revealed ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5:

curse revealed:

A/N: ~Sorry the battle sequence is weak but I suck at battles... so umm, yeah, I think I made up for it with the plot line... at least... I hope I did! I am also SOOOO sorry it took me FOREVER to update, I have been so stressed out with school and my after school commitments and I've had massive writers block!.... *sigh* not to mention midterms coming up *tear*... but that is neither here nor there... On with the story thank you for waiting! ^_^

Hiei's POV ~~~~

"This match is already won! You are too easy to predict." I smiled deviously at the beast in front of me. There was no contest. Due to his sheer size, he was an easy target. He might have some strenght but this gargantuan would be no match for me, he was to big to defend himself, and his attacks were slow. I doged him for a good ten minutes, making him think he was doing well. I did not let him actually hit me, in case I underestimated his strength.

"You are a stupid little runt!" the beast yelled to me. He was still trying to hit me, he had no method of attack, he was randomly swinging. He almost got me that time.

"Now you die!" I attacked him with my sword and in one blow the monster was down.

"You make that look so easy. But did you really have to let him think he was winning, we wasted so much time." Kurama said as he stared down at the lifeless monster before me.

"Sorry, I was bored and wanted to have some fun." I could see Nyoko was impressed at my tactics, causing me to smile to myself. I grabbed my cloak off the ground and then grabbed her arm and we ran through the halls, Kurama leading the way.
Nyoko's POV ~~~~

I couldn't believe Hiei, I was worried the whole time, and he beat the guy in one blow. He made me so angry. But he was still pretty amazing... one hit, pretty cool. We ran deeper into the castle. I suddenly felt a strange pull, wondering where it was coming from I stopped.

"Nyoko, what are you doing!?" Hiei yelled, but his voice was distant, I felt faint and the room began to spin. This was either the work of dark magic, or someone had slipped me ecstasy. The colors swirled together, dark yellows, blues, greens, orange, every color in our natural realm of vision was swirling in front of me. I fell to the ground with a hard thud. I swayed on my knees. I tried to control my breathing but it became irregular, "Hiei? Kurama? Where did you go?" my voice was lost. I could no longer see my companions. I swirled and my breathing became even more rapid. I could feel warm liquid escaping my face, tears? Blood? I didn't know... I could only think about the pain that was encompassing my body. "someone kill me." I tried to yell, but again my voice was stuck in my throat. I couldn't stand the pain, like a thousand flaming swords slashing through my heart, my chest, my stomach. The pain was soon to much. I collapsed to my knees.
Hiei's POV ~~~~

"Nyoko! Nyoko!" I yelled to her but her eyes were glazed over and I doubted she could see me or hear me. I tried to get her attention. I gently shook her but that caused her to collapse on the floor. "Nyoko!" I screamed even louder. Kurama tapped me on the shoulder.

"What, what is it you fool?" I asked, still panicking about Nyoko. Kurama pointed to a nearby room that was glowing with a misty green and blue aura, like the door had before we entered.

I picked up Nyoko from her heap on the floor, who now lay unconcious, and I ran with her to the room.

"Good, now put her down." The mystical voice from before was calling again. I complied with the voices request. "Wake her up." the voice demanded.

"She wont wake, I have tried." I replied, but Kurama had woken her up. She sat up looking very dazed.

"What happened?" she gently massaged her throbbing temples.

"Well, we can't be sure," Kurama stated calmly.

"The child of the light. How I have often prayed that she would come to me," the voice spoke again in a tone that showed sadness.

"What do you mean 'the child of the light'? How do you know who or 'what' I am? Who are you!?" the questions flew from Nyoko's mouth, not giving anybody time to dwell on one question or another.

"I am sure you have heard about me," the voice briefly paused, only causing us all to become more agrivated, "my name is Cusamara," she stopped again, and at the dazed look on our faces she began again, "The servant girl who was suppose to marry the Prince." her voice sounded more irriated then we looked. A collective 'oh' filled the room.

"The child of the light, come forth." Nyoko was pulled up to the front of the room. For the first time I noticed the room was rather intriguing. It was a long room, probably at one point a ballroom, it had decoritive couches strategically placed along the wall. A chandellier of amazing girth hung from the ceiling. The mist that had occupied the door was inside the room, swirling around, reminding me of trees swaying in the forest. I tried to take in more details but Nyoko had reached her destination at the top of a giant alter on the opposite side of the room.

"Why am I the child of the light? What are you going to do with me?" Nyoko was struggling against invisible bonds, trying not to be pulled closer to the source of the green mist.

"I was finally happy with my love. We had gone on to a better place, but someone amoke my tortured soul for mischeif. I believe these are the culprits," the voice stopped as a door on the opposite side of the room swug open. Kurama and I could not see a thing from standing at the enterance to the room, we ran closer, noticing the bandits tied and gagged in a small gage.

"My child, only you know how I feel. Having loved and having lost. I am sure there are others out their who have had someone, so cruely taken away. No, to us, it seems like we are the only ones this has happened too," Nyoko interrupted her,

"What are you going to do to me?" she had stopped struggling but still sounded frightened.

"Your soul is tainted, as was mine. Now that I have been awoken, I need a spirit to get me back into the world beyond."

"So you are going to use me?! I don't think so!" Nyoko began to struggle again. My anger welled up inside of me, if this wasn't a spirit, but a foe I could fight, they would be dead now. However, I could do nothing and felt compleatly helpless.

"You have a soul like I do, it will be the only way to get in. You see my rath, my anger, my betrayal, my sadness," the voice trailed off.

"I am sorry your boyfriend killed himself, but we lost the people close to us for different reasons, therefore I am nothing like you." Nyoko had once again given up her struggle.

"Oh but you are, maybe not yet, but when I tell you Hiei's secret you will be," raised brows and questioning glances were all we could manage to do until the voice spoke again. I thought to myself my only secret isn't big enough to taint her soul. What could Cusamara be planning?

Teehee short chapter! I am evil... but I wont be that cruel Chapter 6 to be up with chapter 5 ^_^ ~~~~