Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yuske's Words and Hiei's Rapture ❯ Hiei's Secret ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 6:

Hiei's secret:

Nyoko's POV ~~~~

"What could Hiei possibly have done to taint my soul?" I looked in front of me, not seeing anything but green mist, but thinking if there were a person, that is where she would be standing.

"I have only one secret, and it is not enough to taint her soul!" Hiei showed anger beyond any I had seen from him. I was almost frightened.

"Ah, my dear little Hiei," how did she know all of us? "I think I know just the secret," the voice resounded with malice, "Nyoko, your lovely boyfriend, what was his name?" the voice paused just long enough to provoke suspense but not long enough for me to answer, "ah, yes, Yuske Urameshi. Poor Yuske died, didn't he?" the voice continued in a taunting tone, "Well, do you know how he died?"

"Yes, he was murdered on a mission." I replied flatly. Not wanting to relive the memory.

"Well, yes. Who do you believe killed him?"

"An enemy. I really don't know who killed him."

"Hiei." the voice didn't say anything more. I looked to Hiei who looked as strucked as I felt.

"Hiei? Hiei wouldn't kill his companion, he never even killed Kuwabara, and that is saying something." I felt tears well in my eyes, Hiei did have the power to easily kill a human. But would he? No, never. He wasn't like that.

"Your story is false woman!" Kurama and Hiei yelled similar things in unison, tears rolled down my face and I couldn't move my arms to wipe them away.

"Hiei had administered a poision into Yuske's blood stream. After Kuwabara was killed by falling off the cliff, there were no more bandits. Yuske had defeated them all. But the poision Hiei had administered began to take its course. You didn't find it odd that there were no enemies when Yuske died?" The voice finished telling the story and my face was covered in wet, salty tears.

"I DON'T BELEIVE YOU!" I screamed, but my voice was weak as I tried not to sob.

"Poor girl. Look what you have done Hiei. Looks like this wont be the only girl you kill." I looked around, wondering what the voice meant, obviously, since there still wasn't a person, I couldn't read her face.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well you see, Hiei had a litle problem with girls. He can't keep them alive. A girl by the name of Iena was Hiei's lifelong mate. They were together for years,"

"I remember her." Kurama stated in an undertone, but I heard.

"Hiei had the oppurtunity to save her life, but chose is own instead!"

"That isn't true! I loved Iena! I did not kill her, I had no choice in the matter!" Hiei wasn't the type to cry, but I did notice a shimmer in his eyes that stated he was on the brink of tears.

"I am so confused! Someone just tell me what happened!" I yelled as loud as my weakend voice would allow me.

"Well, if you must know. Hiei and Iena were on a mission, she was a fire demon, she was a gorgeous girl really, pitty she died so young. However, there was a foe that took Iena captive. He threatend to kill her if Hiei didn't comply with his every request. The foe's first request was that Hiei killed Iena. Hiei didn't care one way or another if Iena lived or died, so he killed her without a second thought. She died by your hand!"

"No! That is not true! That is not how it happened! Why don't you show your ugly face so I can kill you!" Hiei yelled angrily tears still welling inside him, but never falling.

"I don't believe you. Hiei wouldn't do that."

"Then why is there fear behind your voice child? I believe you are ready to help me now. Beyond we go." A hole opened in the floor, shaking the foundation of the castle. I didn't know what was going on, I was to scared to even breath. Suddenly a beautiful girl came through the mist, she was fairly tall, long aburn hair that glided down her shoulders in curly tendrils. Her face was soft, but held some cares, her eyes were wide sauceres that would be easy to get lost in, she wasn't misporportioned, she was perfect.

"Cusamara?" I asked, feeling my invisible chains release me I relaxed my shoulders.

"Yes, it is I. Are you ready to guide me back to my love?" she almost smiled, I felt a desire to tackle her to the ground.

"If that is how it is to be." I nodded and began to walk with the ghostly spirit to the hole in the floor.

"No! I wont let you take her!" Hiei was blocking the portal to the new demension. "Besides, I still don't understand why you need a guide."

"Because, I am no longer a fresh spirit, the gateway needed a new soul. Now move, so I may rest in peace!" the girls anger showed on her face, but yet she still glimmered gorgeously.

"No, I cannot allow it. I," I had hoped to be with Nyoko in a more secluded setting before confessing but I had no choice, "I love Nyoko and I will not allow you to kill her! Take me in her place." Hiei recieved odd glances and many more tears from me.

"I am tainted as you are. Iena died, at my hand, as you said, and I could have stopped it. You are right. I will come with you instead of Nyoko. Please, let her go." he said calmly.

"I never thought if it, but I suppose since you are rather tainted it could work. Fine, the girl may go." Cusamara pushed me aside and I fell to the ground, glancing at Hiei who calmly walked to her and then began walking into the hole.

"Hiei, you can't do this! Please.." but Hiei continued walking, never looking away from his fate. I felt even more tears begin to pour down my face. For the first time in, what seemed like an eternity, Kurama spoke.

"That isn't how the story went and I am sure BOTH of you know that. Hiei, I can't stop you from saving Nyoko's life by sacrificing your own, but at least tell her the truth about Iena, or she might end up like Cusamara and be forever tainted." Kurama's words caused Hiei to stand still. His gaze turned to me as he began to speak.

"It is not a story I enjoy telling. Iena and I were very much in love, I told her everyday that she was everything to me. She probably got rather annoyed of it after a while. But it was true, she was my heart and soul. She did get kidnapped, that part was true, and his request was that I kill her, but I couldn't. I could never harm her for any reason. So he threatened to kill me, I told him to go ahead, as long as Iena would live a long and happy life. The details are vague, but something of my speech must have struck him because he released us both. I am not sure if it was our 'undying' love or what. Days passed and Iena became more, distant. I was worried about her, then one day I saw her with another. The same foe that we had been fighting she was kissing. I couldn't bring myself to say a word, all I could do was gaze into her round violet eyes, and express my hatred, and sadness through my gaze. The man took out a knife and slit her throught without a second glance. For some reason I didn't want to kill him. Normally he would have been dead in seconds. But I pushed her away by smothering her, she didn't love me the way I loved her, I should have seen that. She died because of me, my jealousy, my attentivness. I could never forgive myself, and that is why I must do this Nyoko. Please understand." Hiei gazed down, so solemn, I couldn't allow him to do this. I loved him and I needed him.

I tried to tell him but I couldn't I stood up from the ground and ran to Cusamara. "Do you think it is fun? Do you think that toturing people is a great pass time? Look, I don't care if you need to get back to 'the great beyond' Hiei isn't taking you and neither am I so lay off!" Cusamara looked utterly stunned. I took advantage of her weakness as I tried to push her into the hole by herself. Her feet were planted to the ground and she didn't budge. Her hand flew up from her side and she knocked me down to the ground again.

"Don't you dare harm her!" Hiei unsheathed his sword and Cusamara looked at him in disgust.

"You two are hopeless! How can I go and rest in peace if you two don't let me!" her anger was rising and her voice no longer held the gentle flow it had before.

"Cusamara," a man's voice called from the hole in the floor, "Please come back to me, you don't need them, just jump in sweetheart." the man was kind, and I could only guess he was the alleged prince.

"My dear sweet Prince," her smile grew and she plunged into the whole. There was fire, of green that shot up from the hole, knocking us all to the ground as the spirits collided and swirled above us. Familiar mists of colors filled the room, I felt sick to my stomach and I closed my eyes.

I awoke gently, but didn't open my eyes, I didn't want to awaken from my slumber. I heard voices speaking in hushed tones and I decided I should acknowledge their pressence. I opened my eyes to see Hiei and Kurama sitting on my windowsill.

"Hiei! Kurama! How did we get back here? What happened? Are you two okay?" I smiled happily at them, not really caring how we got back, and I knew what happened.

"We are fine, we brought you back here." they too smiled and Hiei even came over and hugged me.

"Almost lost each other for a minute there. I love you Nyoko. I will take care of you, and I wont let you get hurt." he whispered into my ear and I wanted to cry with joy. I didn't though, my tears had run dry, I just smiled brightly and hugged him back with all my strength.

"I love you too Hiei. Thank you aswell Kurama." Kurama blushed slightly and nodded non-chalantly.

"I must go, I will talk to you later my friends." Kurama smiled and left the house. I sat on the bed looking at Hiei, his gorgeous eyes were dazziling with happiness, and I had never seen him look at anyone with such love and interest.

"You must be terribly tired still. Sleep, I will be here when you awake." He got off the best and sat on the window again.

"Will you sleep with me?" I asked, wanting a comforting shoulder to rest on. He smiled brightly and came back into the bed, he positioned himself so I could easily rest on his shoulder. I got comfortable and felt his grip tighten on me. His protection guiding me to sleep, I knew we would be happy together, for a long time.

aww, hehe, sorry no lemon... If you guys want one though just review and I will add one!!! Other then that the story is ended *tear* although Chapter 7 (to be posted soon) is an alternate ending *music from the twilight zone* BYE for now! ~~~