.hack//Legend Of Twilight Bracelet Fan Fiction ❯ .hack//Dawn ❯ Embarrassment, pain, and sleep ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

.hack//Dawn

By... Me of course!!!!!!! ^^

I do not own Dot hack but I do own the made up characters and name! XP ^___^ JK

4: Embarrassment, pain, and sleep

I stand at the Chaos Gate. It's familiar site for me since I'm the kind of person who gets beaten a TON of times. My shoulders shrug thinking about the last fight. And I got to level nine too! A grunt comes from my throat.

"Hay Froggie!!!!"

I know that voice. My eyes roll in annoyance. Why did SHE have to come? Does that woman have anything else to do? Like collage work?

"Yo, Onii-chan (brother)!!!!!"

I sigh.

"Haaaaaaaay!!!!! R U Listening Froggie!!!!" She yells in a very Dynamic Voice. I hate that nickname.

"WILL YOU STOP CALLING ME THAT?! My name is Lleu!!!!! Lllllleeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!" I yelled back at her surprised-but-haughty face.

"Call you what, Froggie?" in a soft wolf-in-a-sheepskin voice. I fall back in frustration.

"Just because I'm a Wavemaster with green colored clothing doesn't mean I look like a frog." I responded while getting back up.

My `sister' smiles and leans forward. "YES IT DOES, FROGGIE!!"

I loose balance, slip, and land on my back. That Heavy Axemen sister of mine laughed devilishly as I plummet to my doom . . . Ok, so it wasn't ACTUALLY my doom, but it would've been painful if I did that in the real world.

People look at my sister in fear. I stand back up and hear relived sighs in the background. My face turns a deep shade of crimson. I lower my head, slacken my shoulders, and clench my right hand. My feet run toward her as I bring my right elbow back. The fist shoots, gasps sound off, but my wrist is held back. She's good.

"Remember," she starts. Aghhhhh, she makes me so mad! "That no one can lay a hand on me." I grumble "Especially you, Onii-channy!" she smiles that arrogant smile. Her golden curls and halo bounced as she tilted her head. I wriggle out of her grasp.

"Yah, whateva." I said as I walk away from her.

"Isn't that Angelbabe, the beautiful Heavy Axeman?" "Yah, but what was she doing with that little frog-looking wavemaster?" "I donno." "Didn't she win that cont-" "Yes, she was chosen for that Tanabata Festival last year. BOY, did SHE get a good lookin' guy! *.*" "I agree ^_^"

Do I really look like a frog? I sweatdrop. It's always Angelbabe this and Angelbabe that. I guess I'm a nobody. Y.Y

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

A girl strange girl, unseen, watches the poor wavemaster and smiles with her tarnished silver orbs. "I don't think you look like a frog, dear sun-bearer." Her eyes suddenly widen. The girl herself disappears once again.

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

I stop and look into the crowd. I thought- I could feel that someone was watching me. Guess not.

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

BLLLLLING

*StArBuRsT wants to form a party *

Kaiya? I might as well go since I have nothing else to do on my agenda for the day. Shuugo better be there.

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

My legs run to the chaos gate from the Potion store. And there she stands, Kaiya with her intricate wand. For a wavemaster, I have to say, she looks pretty good. She looks like a different person with her blue hair and baggy costume. Her head turns to meet my `golden' eyes. She waves as she smiles that goofy smile.

"Hay Lleuuuuuuu!!!!!"

I walk up to her and gave her a quick smirk. "So, did you call Shuugo yet?"

"Oh you mean SmoogyShugy?" she giggled. Poor guy, I think he has to live with that username now until the end of the world. Which isn't soon. "Of course I called him! But you know how he can be."

"I guess we have to wait here then." I said as I sat myself down on the virtual floor.

"Can I come with, Onii-chan?"

Oh no. No can do!

Just as I opened my mouth to protest, Starburst (Kaiya) suddenly blurted her mistake. "Sure," she started with a welcoming smile. "We need all the help we can get!"

My sister's devilish smile shines to me. This is an epiphany! The end times will surely come and my doom shall be sealed by my sister's own hands! Woe is I. Fate, why do you mock me so?

"Gahaaa! I'm late again!!!!" At least I have some friends to spend with my last moments. "But there was this hot chick . . ." Starburst clenched hard on her wand and started to transport.

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

We landed on some kind of wet and gloomy grassland. I've been to hundreds of places, but . . . this one somehow doesn't feel . . . well, normal. It looks harmless though.

"Kai? What's this place called?" Angelbabe curiously called.

"Well, it's called WEEK PASSING BY. Someone on the web suggested it to me. He said that it can be hard sometimes but it's great with leveling."

"Cool, now I can go to level 12!" Shuggo's eyes seemed to sparkle. My eyes roll. I envy the guy. Why didn't I pick to be a strong Heavy swordsman like him instead of being a wimpy little frog-looking Wavemaster anyway?

"Can we just go and throw the Fairy thingy already?" Angelbabe wined.

"Sorry." Kaiya apologized and threw the orb in the air.

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

Oh my gosh! It took a long time, but I don't believe my level count! 16! But the bad thing is, I don't really have much left in stock.

"Good fight, huh?" came a breath from behind. I see my sister's hand pat on my shoulder. "I never knew you could fight this well." She smiles. I ironically smile back.

"Last Dungeon guys. Let's hope we can make it!" Yelled a still energetic Shuugo. Kai giggles and stands from where she was sitting.

"Right, let's go."

Kaiya opens the intricately designed wooden door. The Final door to the final dungeon.

We all jump in together but nothing was there, just a lamp stand in the center. Strange. Kaiya walks to the lamp.

"So, where's the Gott Statue?" Shuugo follows the curious girl.

"I don't know, maybe it's some kind of challenge." She reaches to touch the virtual fire.

"Ouch!" The blue haired Wavemaster quickly shrank back and away from the lamp. My sister and I run to Kai.

"Kaiya, what's wrong?" asked Angelbabe.

The girl winces. "It burns! It . . . bur-" Kaiya collapses and Shuugo catches her. She's soaked with sweat! Why? What's going on? How could she be in pain? It's only a game, right?

"Kaiya? Come on open your eyes! KAIYA!!" Shuugo holds her tighter as she whimpers. What's wrong with Kaiya? My hands clench into a fist full with anger. The room grows darker.

*--------Sun Bearer-------- *

What?

I look around and my eyes fixed on the lamp. The flame is different. It's black!

*---Watch out! Behind you! ---*

I turn my head in response and once again my eyes fixed on something else- two demonic greenish-yellow eyes. It's monstrous mouth smiles at me. I clutch my wand ready to attack. My sister looks at the monster and screams out of panic. The thing started to attack violently. Dang it! Why did this had to happen?

*---Don't let it touch you! --- *

Who's this voice?

The monster's claws slashed violently. I can't let it touch me! But it nocks me to the ground. What's going to happen to me? I close my eyes.

Shuugo shouts a battle call and swung his sword with great strength. The monstrous thing contracted in pain from the attack. Shuugo grabs my wrist and pulls me up.

"You ok, man?"

"Yah"

*---Tell your friend to drop his sword --- *

I look over to Shuugo weapon and could see it turning black from the tip.

"Let go of your sword Shuugo!"

At once, he drops it. "Come on guys, let's get out of here. Now!"

Shuugo and I ran back to the girls. Angelbabe hands Kaiya to the Heavyblade. We all run for our lives. Kai suddenly gives a painful yell. What's wrong with her!? She's not supposed to be in pain!

"Angelbabe, do you have any Sprite Ocarinas left?!" I yelled.

"Wait just a sec- Yes, but it's the last one."

"USE IT THEN!" My sister nods and throws the item in the air-

-then it falls down, doing nothing. This can't be happening!

"S***!" I can tell that Shuugo's POed about this whole situation thing, especially with the monster.

"I guess we have to go the old fationed way." Angelbabe suggested.

"Let's move it!"

Just as we were half way there, Kai jerked her eyes open, really wide open. Shuugo stopped to see what was wrong. Angelbabe and I stopped also. She suddenly wriggled desperately out of Shuugo's arms. But Shuugo wouldn't let her go anytime soon.

Then I heard it, a low growl from behind. Is that monster ever going to stop chasing us? I turned to see the thing still limping from his injury. Everyone else turned just as I did. Then I could see it that thing wasn't just looking at me. I think it wants Kaiya. I stand in front of Shuugo and started a GiVak Kruz.

*---Don't hurt it anymore! --- *

Who IS this voice? It sounds like a she. Why doesn't she want me to attack?

Kaiya's eyes soon took hold of the monster's eerie ones. She squirmed even more then before.

"Drop the girl and you shall be spared." A strong yet young voice echoed within the dungeon's walls. A red head regular wavemaster walks in front of the monstrous thing. He gave a one sided smile. "I said give me the girl." We all stood our ground even with Kai's squirm tantrum. The boy's smile went to a smirk. "Then you shall all become my slaves." He chuckled.

All the lights around us flushed into darkness and our bodies froze. Even through the darkness, our own bodies still kept some aura. Then a purple light surrounded Kaiya and elevated her from Shuugo's unmoving arms. The red-haired wavemaster reappeared yet again with a one sided smile. His hand upraised as if he was the one in control of all these happenings. I bet he is!

"But before you become my slaves, I must have the girl first." He smiled even more. What a jerk! What does he want from Kai?

Kaiya slowly floats to the boy, whose smile grows wider and wider. "I cannot allow you to do this any more!" That girl's voice again-

The whole room suddenly turns back into it's original light and I could feel my bones loosen. Kai unconsciously descends to the floor with a soft drop. Shuugo runs to the girl but gets hit by a shocking barrier. I run to my friend as well as my sister. All I could hear in the background was a growing laughter from that haughty carrot-head boy.

"She's HERE! Thanks to you Sun Bearer," his dark purple and black eyes turned to me. Is this really my fault? Why am I called Sun Bearer? I AM NO ONE OF IMPORTANCE! Angelbabe and Shuugo's eyes soon turned too. "I will soon reward you in the future." My eyes go like crazy with confusion.

*--- Don't let your mind be saddened. It's not your fault . . . *

A bright light filled the hallway we were in. And there she stood. I should've known it was that girl, that girl from that strange place. The girl with golden locks of wavy hair. But what does that boy want from her? She steps closer to Kai. The boy chuckles under his breath.

"The girl is mine."

"Nothing is yours!" she angrily shouted at him.

"Of course, but you know, all I have to do is pull the plug." He answered in his arrogant voice. Pull the plug? What plug? Does this have anything to do with the Matrix? (^^ hee hee)

"I don't care." She runs to Kaiya and places a hand on her. Then-

-she's . . . not . . . there. Kaiya's gone. Where did she go? I clench both of my hands as hard as I ever would. That- That-

RRRRRAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!

Just as I got to the girl, she was already thrown over and held by the throat by a purple light. I can see her feet delicately dangling above the floor. She struggles to breathe. That girl deserves it. She made Kai go away. Her eyes try to stay open as they flutter. Was there some unknown update I didn't know about? I thought there wasn't supposed to be pain in the world! But I don't care about that right now. She deserves to be punished.

"Tell me! Where is the Emperor's Cave?" he shouted to the girl. The light around her neck shrinks a bit. Is that what he wants to know?

Her sad eyes look towards me. Why do people look at me? I'm a no body!

"Tell me now!" he shouted in a more demanding a mature voice.

*--- I'm . . . so . . . sorry--- * a tear rolled down her cheek.

Did- Didn't she- She said that yesterday to me didn't she. She….. knew.

I grunt. Why be sorry when I can't forgive. The girl then relaxes and closes her eyes as if to be ready- Why does she want more pain? Isn't it the human reaction to survive? Why do I pity her now? It's somehow not right for her to think . . . Ughhh, stop asking questions, Kin, and help that girl!! I run to attack the arrogant wavemaster. He notices and he drops the girl. A purple beam shoots toward me. This is it. I knew my end would come sooner or later. Here it comes-

"No-" a faint but comprehensible voice called. Then an even more brilliant light of gold covered my sight…..

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

AN: Ha Ha! Cliffy! *runs behind rock* Gomen but I had to stop ^^U I kind of went over board.