6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 6teen/ 7teen: the beginning of a new friendship ❯ Mykan Spotswood ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
 
Darth and Julie passed right by the big squeeze. They sure had changed. Darth got his braces of, his face cleared up, and he wore contacts too.
 
Julie got her head gear removed, and her teeth were now properly fit. She actually looked and sounded prettier now.
 
Nikki, Jen, and Caitlin were talking up a storm. Each of them spoke about this really cute guy they saw in the mall.
 
“Oh, he even called me cutie!” Caitlin giggled.
 
“He even told of the Coach.” Said Jen.
 
“He messed around with the clone's brains.” Said Nikki.
 
The girls each went off into a sigh. “He was so cute…” said Caitlin. “With his sunglasses.”
 
“His black T-shirt rocked.” Added Jen.
 
“And his… black pants…!” Nikki and the others started to think they were talking about the same guy.
 
“What's up chick friends?” said Jude as he rolled into his chair, but then he noticed the girls looking a away from each other with strange looks.
 
“Uh-oh… did I like totally miss something here?”
 
The girls still didn't even move, not even when Wyatt and Jonsey came by. “I think we picked a bad time to walk in.” said Wyatt.
 
Jonsey told them that he got the job as assistant parking inspector. It was his job to make sure al the cars in the parking lot weren't overlapping the spaces, or parked for too long.
 
 
“Sweet dig, bro.” said Jude.
 
“Yeah… that's cool Jonsey.” Said Jen, but she still didn't seem all that please, and neither did Caitlin or Nikki.
 
“Whoa, what's got them in the dumps?” asked Jonsey.
 
Jen sighed. “We each met a cute guy today, but it looks like we may all have met the same guy at different times.”
 
“Ooh… that sounds rough.” Said Wyatt.
 
Caitlin was so lost in her own thought about the situation that she didn't see that while she was pouring the juice onto the counter instead of into the cup.
 
“Caitlin, careful!” said Jen.
 
Caitlin snapped out of her trance and realized what she just did. “I'm just lucky Ron the Rent a cop didn't see this.” She said as she began to clean up.
 
“I wouldn't say that cupcake.”
 
“Oh, no… please don't tell me!” Caitlin cried as she looked up into Ron's ugly face.
 
Ron whipped out his note-pad. “Section D-17-19… No littering up the mall with juice.”
 
“Oh, come on, man, she was miles away.” Said Wyatt.
 
“Section 607-B, saying an officer is mistaken.”
 
Each one of the gang members seemed to get on Ron's really bad side, even if they didn't say anything.
 
“You maggots are in some big trouble that's all I know.” He said, “Once I get these notes in I'll--!”
 
“AHH… SHUT UP!!!” came a voice. Everyone in the food court dropped what they were doing and gasped hard.
 
Ron turned to the one table where I was sitting and eating my lunch. He approached me angrily. “Did I just hear some lowly maggot teenager tell me to Shut up?!” he bellowed.
 
I stood up and tipped my shades. “Yep!”
 
Ron marched up so close to me that his nose almost came into contact with mine. “Okay maggot!” he said while prodding my chest, “You just yeped yourself a big time ticket.”
 
I just pushed him back a little and fanned at my nose. “And you've been eating onions!”
 
Everyone gasped and swallowed hard. Caitlin ever shut herself up in the lemon.
 
“And you're going to be eating those words.” Said Ron as he began righting down the ticket.
 
I picked up my comic book and held it open to him. “Say… have you ever RED this book?” I asked.
 
“What's that?”
 
“I said… have you ever RED this book?”
 
Ron moved his head down to look at the pages and he didn't see the open packet of ketchup, unit it was too late. “Oh, no!”
 
I snapped the book shut and the ketchup sprayed him right in the face. “Whoops… looks like the book RED you.”
 
Everyone laughed at him, and Ron decided he lost this battle. “The war is still on.” He said and he left.
 
I scrapped my tray and headed off.
 
Jen, Caitlin, and Nikki tried to wave at me as I passed, but then it all fit together. “I take it, that's the new dude they were talking about.” Said Jude.
 
The girls nodded.
 
“Hmm… I think I know that guy from somewhere.” Said Wyatt. He thought back to grade eight. “Awe man, no way.”
 
“What? What is it Wyatt.” asked Caitlin.
 
Wyatt told them all about me…. Mykan Spotswood.
 
Wyatt only knew me from art classes in grade eight, I was quite the legend in comic making.
 
I really stood up for myself, and those around me. I even had the nerve to tell the principal to go suck an egg.
 
Teachers didn't dare give me a detention, because I always pulled one of those practical tricks like I just used on Ron.
 
“Hey, Mykan… Yo… over here!”
 
I turned and looked over to the table. “Wyatt Williams, Is that you.” I said and I walked over to the table. “Heh, it is you.”
 
Wyatt and I slapped high-fives. “How've you been homey?” he asked.
 
“I've been looking out for myself, paying my bills, falling asleep in front of the TV at home what does that tell you?”
 
The others shared a small laugh and Wyatt introduced me to the gang.
 
“This is Jonsey.”
 
“Yo!”
 
“This is Jude.”
 
“What's up bro.”
 
“And I take it you already met, Nikki, Caitlin, and, Jen.”
 
“Hi.” The girls all said winking their eyes.
 
“Hello, hello, hello.” I said in an Austin Powers voice while tipping my shades. This made them all faint in a daze.
 
“Whoa… that was triple play.” Said Jonsey.
 
I checked my watch. “Oh, man, I go to get back to work.” I said.
 
“Where you working at?” asked Wyatt.
 
“Comic Cavern. Owner and manager.” I said.
 
“Dude, no way.” Said Jude, “That is Awe-some. I'm the owner and manager of Stick-it.”
 
“Coo-L!” I said, “Maybe I'll drop by here later. I think we really got something going.”
 
“Please, we insist.” Said Wyatt.
 
I passed Wyatt a number for my Cell-phone, which the girls practically insisted on taking for themselves.
 
Then I was gone.
 
“That Dude's really starting to rock.” Said Jude.
 
“Yeah… if I follow him around, I could score with the chicks easily.” Said Jonsey.
 
Nikki, Caitlin, and Jen officially declared it on to see who would land a date with me first.
 
Apart from it all, this looked like the beginning of new friendship for the gang, and maybe even more.