6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 6teen/ 7teen: the beginning of a new friendship ❯ Romance Ain't for me ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
 
Comic Cavern was in fact divided into an upstairs and a downstairs. I didn't only sell comic books. I even sold trading cards, sports cards, even figures from famous comical TV shows or Comics.
 
As Owner and Manager every single part about the store was my way. Including the fact that I also owned the ground in the mall the store stood on.
 
This was one shop Ron the Rent a cop wouldn't be able to shut down without my permission.
 
But how was I able to afford all this? It should all cost a lot to keep in balance. Well the truth was… I started this job when I was eight years old. That's right eight years old.
 
I wasn't really up to talking about why, because it brought on some really bad memories.
 
But how I was able to make so much money was, well I work in a comic store, I get no less than 20 customers a day, Especially guys like Darth who was crazy about the Star Wars merchandise I had.
 
Plus, I was not only the Owner and Manager of Comic Cavern, but I was the only one working there. I didn't have the heart to hire anyone and I meant ANYONE!!
 
Again, I wasn't up to talking about it, but hey, I was the owner and I made the rules. This meant I could take all the money I made home with me, and you can imagine how much money I make each day.
 
Well, let's just say I made so much money each day, that if I took a girl shopping she could buy a lot of sweet stuff.
 
But like I said, why I wasn't hiring employees, and why I started this job at age eight, I just wasn't up to talking about it.
 
 
 
Jude, and Jonsey were admiring my stuff.
 
“No way, man. Spider-man could take out Batman in a jiffy.” said Jonsey.
 
“In your dreams, bro.” said Jude. “Spider-man rocks and all, but at least Batman has Robin to help him.”
 
Jonsey stood corrected, “And who forget that foxy Bat-girl. RRR!” Jonsey picked up a copy of Batman too and the dudes paid for the prices.
 
Well actually Jude paid for them both because Jonsey hadn't realized. “Twenty-five Dollars? Dude, you got to be kidding me.”
 
“Wish I was, Jonsey.” I said as cashed in Jude's Fifty. “But I can't and don't make the rules of prices, I just follow standard procedure.”
 
Jude placed Jonsey with an “I owe you!” for the comic book. “Ah well, I'd better gat back to work.” He said. “School's out for the chicks and they'll want car parking inspections.”
 
“I hear you, bro.” said Jude. “Got to run… needed at Stick-it.” He hopped on his board and was off.
 
He skated right by Nikki, Caitlin, and Jen who were also on the way to my store on their breaks hoping to land a date with me.
 
“I bet I nail him the first look.” Said Jen as she practiced her flirting voice.
 
“Yeah right… I could land him in a second.” Said Nikki.
 
“Not before I land him.” Said Caitlin, “I did see him first, and he actually called me cute.”
 
“Oh come on, Cute is so out of date.” Said Nikki. “Cute is like… you're Nine years-old and you have paper mashie in your hair.”
 
 
They turned the last corner to Comic Caver, and saw that they might have rolled up competition. The store was jam packed with customers who just got out of school for the day.
 
Most of them were girls! If Jonsey was here he'd be going nuts, because most of them were girls he'd been dumped by.
 
But worst of all, Tricia was there too. “What is she doing here?” snapped Caitlin.
 
Tricia turned. “More like what are you three sisters doing here.” She said, “I'm here to do what no girl has done before, and that's land a date with Mykan Spotswood.”
 
The girls didn't understand what she meant by that. What no girl has ever done before? What did that have to do with landing a date with me.
 
Well, they were about to get their answer as one by one the honest customers paid me for their stuff and left, while some of the girls stopped and tried to flirt with me as they paid for their magazines.
 
But they all walked away with sour expressions on their face, even some of the hottest babe's Jonsey ever dated.
 
Like Charmaine from Grind-Me. Jen's own sister, Courtney, from back before they both become Jonsey's step sisters.
 
Not even Amelie from Soda-hop. That French chick who had the boys in mall drooling over her, but she was only interested in trying to land me.
 
She paid for her magazine, and that's when she started. “The Manager, eh?” She flirted, and winked. “You could manage me any day.”
 
Jen, Caitlin, and Nikki stood there with their mouths wide open. No way they could compete with that.
 
But to their surprise, I just keep a serious look on my face, saluted and said. “That's my job, Mame.”
 
Amelie froze on the spot, “What… Mame?!” she said. Excuse et moi, but I am trying to flirt with you `ere.”
 
“Mei' oui Madam.” I said in a French impression of my own. “I am just… how you say…”
 
I used my real voice. “Not Interested in dating.”
 
“Ah... Not… interested?!?!” Amelie said sounding frustrated.
 
“You better believe it.” I said then I clicked on a radio I had began a song…
 
(Mykan (That's me)
 
No, no, no, no!
No, no, no, no!
 
-Some guys see a pretty girl walking down the street
And they say “Hey, she's the hottest chick that I'll ever see.”
But I'm the sort of strangest guy for any girl to meet.
Don't ask why, don't ask how, Romance ain't for me.
No, Romance ain't for me.
 
The girls were shocked, especially Caitlin, Nikki and Jen. A guy not interested in dating?!
 
(Mykan)
 
No, no, no, no!
No, no, no, no!
 
-While there are guys who are gay, but it's still all the same.
It's dating and it leads to heartbreak and then another or three.
I am not a guy who's gay, But I won't date a dame.
I said once, I'll say it again, Romance ain't for me.
 
No, Romance ain't for me.
 
No, no, no, no!
No, no, no, no!
 
Even Tricia tired to flirt with me, but she failed even worse than Amelie. “Weren't you listening to what I just said?” I asked.
 
(Mykan)
 
-Some guys prefer to date and search for THE ONE.
That special person they can spend their life with and have fun.
But I'm the kind of guy who prefers it to be solo
Ask me on a date and the answer still is No.
 
-Oh, some men are Mega-playboys, they date like no tomorrow.
But I prefer to be alone so hurt I'll never be.
I have nothing against it, I may act like in a sorrow.
But you'll just to accept it that, Romance ain't for me.
No, Romance ain't for me.
 
I slowly began ushering the girls outside while finishing the song.
 
No, no, no, no!
No, no, no, no!
 
No, no, no, no!
No, no, no, no!
 
No… Romance Ain't for me!
 
Then I went back inside to the empty store.