6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 6teen/ 7teen: the beginning of a new friendship ❯ What's Mykan's problem ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
Most of the girls had already given up. “Boy that guy is hard to get.” Said Tricia, “But I'm not giving up. He'll be mine yet.”
 
“I do not think so.” Said Amelie. “You will not date him if I `ave `im first.”
 
The two girls exchanged their sour looks at each other and walked off in opposite directions.
 
“What just happened here?” asked Caitlin. “Are they like in a competition or something?”
 
“A competition to go for a guy who's not interested in dating.” Said Jen. “That's going to be one tricky task.”
 
They wanted to go inside the shop to talk to me about this, as they got closer my store phone rang.
 
I picked up the phone, “Hello, Comic Cavern…” I recognized the voice. “Danny? What are you doing calling me. You know the courts won't let you.”
 
The girls wondered who this Danny guy was. Obviously he sounded like someone I knew well but was having problems with.
 
Finally they heard me slam the phone back down. “STOP, ASKING ME LIKE THIS!!”
 
The moment the phone was hung up, I buried my face in my arms on the counter. “Why… Why me?!” I cried.
 
 
The girls met with the others back at the lemon, and boy was Jonsey shocked t hear that I wasn't interested in dating at all.
 
“What's with that guy?” he asked. “What kind of dude isn't interest in dating hot babes?”
 
Wyatt had feeling he knew why I was acting the way I did, but he wasn't sure he should tell them why.
 
“Look, I know it sounds crazy.” Said Jen, “But I think something may be bothering him. Didn't you see how upset he looked after that Phone call he got.”
 
“We could try phoning him up and ask him.” Said Jude, but then he thought, “Or maybe not.”
 
“What are you talking about man?” said Jonsey. “This guy needs some serious help, besides I don't have anything interesting to do again.”
 
Nikki knew that voice anywhere. “Don't tell me, you were fired again.” She said.
 
Jonsey nodded. “I was assigned to repaint the parking lines today, and I did a pretty bad job.”
 
“A Bad job?!” snapped Jen, “He was reading his comic book while he worked the paint roller and turned the parking lanes into a maze. Three cars crashed into each other.”
 
“Well it wasn't my fault Bat-girl was so foxy I couldn't look away.” Said Jonsey. “Who wouldn't want to.”
 
Jen banged her head on the table and sighed.
 
“Well, if that's all over… can we please get back to Mykan's problem?” Said Nikki.
 
“Yeah…” said Caitlin, “It's bad enough we don't know what's wrong with him, but now he's got two girls hunting for him, and one of them is Tricia.”
 
The gang all sighed in disgust. Of all the girls in the mall, why Tricia? They could tell she was going to be up to no good.
 
“Well, at least Amelie is the other, that'll make it easier.” Said Jonsey, who had dated her once, but things went really bad.
 
“Uh… Jonsey.” Said Wyatt. “The girls said Mykan refused her too.”
 
Jonsey dropped his book. “Okay, now this is going way overboard, how could he refuse that French hot chick?”
 
Amelie was a exchange student from France, but strangely, they day she was supposed to leave and go home, to a big surprise, her family had already moved here to Canada.
 
Amelie really was looking for someone who wasn't like other boys, who only liked her for her looks, but for who she was, and I was the obvious choice, but she was having trouble getting on my interests.
 
By closing time, the gang was having one last lemon squishy before heading home, and then Wyatt saw me drop something as I headed out.
 
He tired to b nice and hand it back to me, but I told him that I didn't want it, and I deliberately threw it away and made it look like an accident.
 
So I left, and Wyatt showed the others what it was. A Wedding invitation. “Why would Mykan refuse to go to a Wedding?” asked Caitlin, “Is that what's bothering him, that his invitation came late?”
 
Wyatt shook his head. “Okay guys… I'm going to tell you some things about Mykan I promised I'd never tell anyone, so keep it too yourselves.”
 
The others nodded, and this time Jude solemnly swore that if he blabbed out the secret, then Jonsey's I owe you was off.
 
Wyatt sat down and told them everything.
 
 
 
I got home to my apartment on the 7th floor. Just up the street from the mall so I didn't need to take my car.
 
A cute little beguile dog came up to my legs. “Hello, Penny… Hello.” I said to my pet.
 
I took her into the kitchen and gave her, her dinner, and then cooked up a frozen meal for myself. I sure did have a long day, it's not easy being alone.
 
I started working when I was Eight years old. I was a great comic maker that the manager of the first store I worked at was bedazzled.
 
I really needed the job because I couldn't live with my family.
 
My mother died when I was little, and my father was an alcoholic, and an when he went out of his skull he really turned bad.
 
So I used the loads of cash I made and hired a lawyer and got emancipated; Declared a legal adult and be free to move out.
 
And until my dad was able to control his drinking, he was not to come within 50 feet of me. No calls, no letters, Nothing.
 
So I moved in with my older brother Danny, who was already 15, and moved away too. He looked out for me like the father I always wanted. I was even able to help him pay rent.
 
For 5 years we lived with each other and looked out for one another, and I even became the Owner and Manager of my own comic store.
 
However, I was still lonely, I had no friends. Except for Wyatt who was the closest to a pal I ever got.
 
Even if girls had crushes on me, or if I ever fell for a girl, he truth was. I was afraid of romance. I didn't know anything of how to make a girl happy.
 
 
So I just stayed away from all girls pretending not to like them. I felt it was for their own safety from heartbreak, and mine.
 
Then one day when I was 15, and Danny was 22. He came by the apartment with his girlfriend Sophie, and was sad to say he was moving out.
 
Danny and Sophie wanted to become diplomats, and were given their first assignment, plus he also said that… well… they were engaged.
 
Now normally that was a blessing to some people, because I felt so lonely and different from my brother, I took it as a matter of deep shame.
 
So I told them both I never wanted to see them again, their love life was interfering with my own.
 
Time after time they tried to make things right with me… but then he finally snapped. He said that I was acting like dad used too.
 
He got another restraining order on me and I was not to come within 200 feet of either him or Sophie.
 
I then realized what I had done, and tried to apologize but it was too late. They were gone, and I was alone.
 
Two years later, Danny realized he didn't want me out of his life anymore, I was his brother and he loved me like a friend so he called off the restrain but I had no interest in making contact with him.
 
His love life was making me feel horrible, worthless, and downright nothing. Because he had a love life and there was nothing I could do to beat my fear of romance.
 
So I re-instated the order, and lived all alone ever since.