6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 6teen/ 7teen: the beginning of a new friendship ❯ Mykan's secret Crush ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Does anyone remember the show SHINING TIME STATION?
 
The song I borrowed? SWEET BETSY, is played the same way the Juke Box band played it from the show.
 
Also, the reason I chose Amelie from 6teen episode, “CRIME OF FASHION” is because I couldn't think of anyone else on the entire show. She's the best subject to use.
 
CHAPTER FIVE
 
 
Caitlin sniffled and wiped her eyes with a clean napkin. “Wow… that is so… sad!” she cried.
 
“Yeah… totally deep.” Added Nikki.
 
Jonsey could dig all that, “But what does this have to do with Amelie, and Tricia?” he asked.
 
Wyatt only knew so much about that, but it went something like this…
 
Wyatt only knew me from Art and Music class that year in Grade Eight, and one year in high-school but man did I have a talent.
 
In Art, I was able to bring really fine stories to life as comic pages. Even if I didn't get to make about what I wanted I still did it.
 
Sometimes I would even just make comics because I had nothing better to do in class, and I didn't want to just sit there and feel my butt grow.
 
Even if I wasn't going to get any credit for it, which was not really my intention, I still kept at it.
 
I mad comics about myself as someone different. A Spaceship's Captain, a Renegade on a bike, Or even a hero or a villain.
 
And in music class, I played keyboards that could make the sound of other instruments, and in time I even played several keyboards at once.
 
Well, of course I couldn't really play all of them at once, but what I actually did was really impressive.
 
See… No one else at school was really that nice to me and refused to work with me. Even if the got a failing mark, they still wouldn't work.
 
And since Wyatt was a guitar player, he was asked to work solo to perfect his skills.
 
So, since there was no one who wanted to include me in their band or anything, so I had to make myself a One-Man band in keyboards.
 
I used the keyboards that could record everything I played. So I recorded different instruments playing different verses and turns.
 
It took a lot of work and concentration, but I was able successfully get all the keyboards to play songs While I played just one on piano sound and the others played on their own.
 
And sometimes, since No one would sing in with me, I had to use a tape recorder and recorded my voice as the repeats.
 
Wyatt thought that was a work of sheer brilliance, he remembered it all too well…
 
SONG: SWEET BETSY
 
Piano, Guitar, Bass guitar, drums, and saxophone.
 
(Mykan, (recorded repeats in the brackets)
 
-Did you ever here tell of sweet Betsy from Pike
Who crossed the high mountains with her lover Ike
With two yolk of cattle and an old yeller dog
A tall shanghai roster and one spotted hog
 
Sing too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay
(Singtoo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay)
 
One evening quite early they camped on the Platte,
Twas near by the road on a green shady flat.
Betsy,
quite tired, lay down to repose--
With wonder Ike gazed on that Pike County rose.
Sing too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay
(Singtoo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay)
 
 
(PAUSE FOR SAXOPHONE'S CHOIR)
 
 
(Both Mykan and the recorded repeat)
 
-Did you ever here tell of sweet Betsy from Pike
Who crossed the high mountains with her lover Ike
With two yolk of cattle and an old yeller dog
A tall shanghai roster and one spotted hog
 
Sing too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay
(Singtoo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay)
Sing too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay
(Singtoo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay)
Sing too-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay
(Singtoo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-oo-ra-li-ay)
 
 
I was quite the guy who knew how to communicate with the inner soul, that and I was quite the looker even if I was depressed.
 
Girls went nuts over me, but even if I was just calling girls pretty or nice just to be friendly, They took it as the sign of. “He is so into me!”
 
I wasn't up for dating anyone and just put on the playing hard-to-get so I could hide the fact that if I was in love with someone, but afraid of it.
 
But to be quite honest, there was one girl whom I thought was not like any of the others. She was beautiful, and smart, and she only flirted with boys who really deserved it.
 
Amelie: The exchange student from France.
 
I never knew anyone who was French before, and her accent really made me feel like I was under a siren's spell.
 
 
But once again, my fears got to me first and stopped from going anywhere near her.
 
I sighed and always said to myself, “What would a beautiful French girl like Amelie want with a simple Canadian boy like me?”
 
“I don't know anything about France, or what she likes and what she hates. I no nothing about fancy cars, exotic places, expensive gifts, and things like that”
 
“Still… I just wish I could have at least one chance to try.”
 
I did think of trying several times over, but I saw how she attracted all the other boys around her, no way I could compete with that.
 
I was always halted in my tracks either from my fear, or from all the other boys. I didn't have a chance for a chance.
 
 
“So, Mykan decided to give up any hope of finding a girl for him, and he married out of fear of Dying alone.”
 
“In doing so, the girls actually started pitting against each other, like Jonsey does for girls, to try and win Mykan like a piece of meat.”
 
“And who would ever guess that Amelie would be one of them.”
 
Jonsey couldn't believe this at all. “Amelie is a hard-to-get chick.” He said.
 
“You'd know that from experience.” Said Nikki. “You practically harassed her into going out with you.”
 
“Yeah,” added Jude, “Plus, you're little brother actually ended up with her for a lot longer than you have.”
 
Jonsey slumped forward, “That's not the point!” he snapped. “Amelie doesn't go off flirting with the boys like that. Not even the really cute ones.”
 
“Well would you blame her not to?” said Caitlin, “Why she's even hotter than, Jen.”
 
“HEY!!” Jen snapped, but then she looked on and saw Amelie walking down the way to the doors with at least three boys drooling over her.
 
“Well… I suppose you're right.” Replied Jen.
 
“Never mind that guys.” Said Wyatt, “The point is, I think I know what's up with Mykan.”
 
It seemed that the Wedding invitation was from Danny, my brother, and that he really wanted me to come to the wedding, and try to make up for everything he did to me.
 
It also said that I could invite six friends and that he was sure I had some by now. Which I really didn't.
 
Obviously, not only was I not interested at all in going, but his wedding was reminding of how lonely I was, and how much I hated him for leaving me alone like that.
 
But that still didn't explain why Amelie was flirting with me, like… like…
 
They saw her walk up the hallway. “By tomorrow, he'll be mine.”
 
“Like, Tricia!” Caitlin said.