6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Back to Back together ❯ Serena's scolding ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
Jonesy, Nkki and Jude marched angrily to “Spin-This” “SERENA…?” Jonesy shouted. “SERENA…!”
 
They made their way to the backroom, “Serena, are you in here?” Nikki called angrily, and what did they find upon entering but, “Oh that's just perfect, dating Chad again.”
 
Chad and Serena got up, “'Sup guys…” Chad said in his calm, near coma-like manner. “Yeah save it!” Nikki snapped. “What the heck were you doing at McFlipters?”
 
Serena explained that she was just grabbing some lunch for her and Chad, “Yeah... and then you rub it in Wyatt's face again?” Jonesy snapped.
 
“Dude… so not cool.” added Jude.
 
“I can't believe you, Serena!” Nikki scolded, “You like Wyatt then you make his life miserable, and then you make it worse by telling him you like him.”
 
“Whoa…” Chad said, “You like Wyatt, babe? That's no surprise.”
 
Serena twiddled her fingers, “It's just that… when Marlowe was working here, Wyatt showed me that he's grown-up in maturity. I just never felt like that towards him before, I had to let him know.”
 
“Whoa, whoa, whoa…” Jonesy cut in. “First of all, you dumped him, and didn't want him back. Now that Wyatt and Marlowe have broken up, you're going all at him again?”
 
Serena's eyes lit up, “Wyatt and Marlowe broke up?” she asked. “Ohh… No wonder he's been so upset.”
 
“Look… just stay away from him.” Nikki warned her. “Get it through your head Serena. You want something you can't have!” Then all three of them turned and left.
 
“Whoa… that was cold.” Chad said, but Serena didn't even respond.
 
Back at the lemon
 
Wyatt came at the table with some news. “Marlowe called…” he said, “She wants to meet me at “Grind-me” and tell me something important.”
 
“Really…? That's great…” Jen said.
 
“Way to go, Wyatt.” added Caitlin.
 
Wyatt really had hoped this would happen, when he and Marlowe could pick up where they left off, but unfortunately… he had no idea of what he was in store for.
 
As he walked into “Grind-Me” he saw Marlowe sitting on the sofa, and she seemed to be sobbing into her hands. “Uh oh…” Wyatt said under his breath, “This can't be good.”
 
Marlowe looked up, “Wyatt… over here.” she called. Wyatt sat down next to her, “Hey… what's the matter. I haven't seen you this down since… well… ever.”
 
Marlowe shut her eyes tight, “Wyatt…” she said trying to hold her cries in, “I've got some bad news.”
 
There were those two words Wyatt hated hearing. He crossed his fingers and hoped that it wasn't about him and Marlowe, but when Marlowe held his hands, and stared at him with her tear-filled eyes…. “Oh no…what is it?” he asked, though he wished he hadn't.
 
Marlowe told Wyatt that they wouldn't be able to get back together because, “My folks and I, we're… we're…”
 
“You're… moving?” Wyatt asked.
 
Marlowe nodded, “To America…!”
 
Wyatt felt his heart slipping away, for what had t be the umpteenth time in his teenage years. “But… but Marlowe…” he stuttered, but he couldn't think of anything to say. It got even worse when Marlowe told them, that if their packing stayed on schedule… they would be leaving tomorrow night.
 
“Wyatt… I'm really going to miss you.” Marlowe said, “So I got something for you...” She pressed a small box into Wyatt's hand… inside was a small stringy golden bracelet with two guitars dangling on it.
 
“Marlowe…” Wyatt said as a tear finally escaped from his eye. “I… I don't… I don't really have anything for you.”
 
She moved her hands to his shoulders, “Wyatt…” she sniffled, “I don't need anything from you. The time we spent… all the dates we went on. I'll treasure them forever.”
 
“Marlowe…” Wyatt said, “I'm not really good at long goodbyes but, I'll treasure them too.”
 
They both smiled sadly at each other and then… they kissed each other very deeply and softly as they knew it was going to be for the last time.
 
Outside the story
 
Amelie was dabbing her eyes with one of her napkins. “Zat is… so sad.” she sobbed softly.
 
I nodded my head, “Man… if that were me I would've drowned myself in the toilet until I died.” I said. “You can relate…”
 
Wyatt nodded, and then showed us the bracelet on his arm. “Even though it's from Marlowe, I still treasure the memories, and it helps me actually move on a little.”
 
Amelie touched the necklace around her neck that I gave her. She felt she could treat it the same way. “Zo… what `appened next?”
 
“Well… the next night, it was about Closing time.” Serena said. “Chad and I heard of what happened, and we wanted to try and bet there for Wyatt…”
 
Back to the story
 
Marlowe was gone… and Wyatt was really upset. He actually had bags under his eyes for being unable to sleep, and from keeping his face in that one feature. The look of sadness… hurt… and sheer discomfort. Yet he still managed to make it to work, but he hadn't said a word all day, nor did he even sing a song.
 
Practically everyone in the mall had heard of what was going on with him, and they all offered him their pity.
 
“Be strong young Jedi.” Darth said, “The Force will be there for you.”
 
Yummy-Mummy even offered to put Wyatt on her depressed date list. “You feel like a date… give me a call.” She flirted with him and shot him a wink.
 
Still… Wyatt wasn't feeling so great, and by closing, he was eating a simple burger-meal at McFlipsters with Jen Nikki and Caitlin. Jonesy had to work, and Jude… he had gone missing, but no one knew that yet.
 
Wyatt just finished off what had to be his third pack of small fries, and he since he had not other feeling in his body right now, he didn't even care. “Its official…” he said, “I'm just a born loser.”
 
“Aw, Wyatt, we know how you feel.” Jen said.
 
“Yep…” added Caitlin, “It'll get better, you'll see. Once I was on a shopping date with this really cute guy, I gave him my cell-phone number and asked to meet him again.”
 
“And… I take it you didn't…?” asked Nikki, “and then you blubbered for what like thirty-six hours.”
 
Caitlin nodded her head, which made Wyatt groan. “But the point is I moved on…” Caitlin said. “And with us by your side, you can get right back in the game.”
 
Wyatt smiled, “Thanks you guys… I feel slightly less miserable already.”
 
Suddenly, “Um… Hi Wyatt…” called a voice from the door. I was Serena, and much to everyone's dismay she was with Chad. “S'up man… heard the bad news.” he said, but the others just kept their heads turned away and pretended they weren't there. “Whoa… someone's got the cold-shoulder.” replied Chad.
 
“If these two trouble makers are bothering you that much Wyatt…” Jen said while gritting her teeth.
 
“We'll gladly throw the both of them out!” Nikki cut in while she socked her hand with her fist.
 
“That won't be necessary.” Wyatt said, “I'll deal with them myself.”
 
The girls decided to take their leave. “If you need us… we're here for you.” Caitlin said.
 
Nikki even lost her cool as she passed by Serena and Chad and she really let them have it, “You… You… (BLEEP)!!” and she slapped their faces each before stomping out.
 
Serena rubbed her face from where Nikki had slapped her not knowing if she really deserved it. “Wyatt…?” she said to him, but Wyatt angrily stood up and walked away from her. “Wyatt… I heard about and Marlowe and I want to be here for you. Chad does too.”
 
Wyatt cast an angry stare at them both. “Then help me, by staying away from me.” Wyatt said. “Nothing about you two for this past year has put a smile on my face.”
 
“Yo'… dude, chill.” Chad said. “We're just tryin' to be like… nice.”
 
Wyatt was not convinced, no matter what they had to offer him he was not interested. “Just leave me alone. Both of you… if you keep bothering me, I'll have to do something drastic.” he warned them.
 
Outside the story
 
Wyatt picked up his steak-knife, “And I was going to do something drastic he said.” he said, “I was going to get… Revenge!” and he stabbed his knife right through the meat on his plate.