6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: November Rain ❯ Hard Memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
It all happened a couple of days ago, Amelie and I were flirting with each other by the Soda-Hop Ice-Cream parlor. When suddenly, this handsome pretty-boy from France came up to the counter.
 
“Zut-A-Lors…!” Amelie cried. “Eddie Houseman…?”
 
And old ex-boyfriend Amelie had, while she was still living in France before moving to Canada. He was the only other long-term boyfriend she ever had out of them all, other than me…
 
They had dated for six months before Eddie broke up with her because he had to travel around with his father who was a diplomat, and moved his family to many places. Now he was here just visiting…
 
But it looked as though he wanted more just to see Amelie.
 
He seemed like a nice guy, and he too was a fan of my comic series. “You do a good job, Spotswood.” he complimented. “I can see why Amelie is fond of you.”
 
Still, the niceness began to change. As Amelie and he began to talk a lot and completely ignore me. She even forgot to call me many times, and never returned my own messages. Except for one where she told me she was going out for coffee with Eddie.
 
And then another, where Eddie wanted to take her out on a dinner date, just a small one. It didn't matter to me that they promised not to get all smooching and like that, and didn't do it… I began to realize what was happening to me.
 
 
“I really think Amelie prefers him over me.” I said.
 
“Wow…!” Nikki was shocked. “Sorry to hear that.”
 
“And see it…” added Wyatt, “Look there.”
 
Amelie and Eddie walked past the food-court, hand in hand, holding two ice-cream cones and Amelie was giggling the way she did when we went on dates. She didn't even turn around to gaze at me and walked out of sight with her old friend.
 
I slammed my head down on the Lemon bar, “Ah-awe…!” I groaned. “This can't be happening to me!”
 
None of the others knew what to say, but they were shocked when they found out that I wasn't planning to interfere and step in front of Amelie and Eddie. Who was I not to let my girlfriend see old friends from her old home country. I trusted Amelie, and I knew she was mature enough to make her own decisions…
 
Even if… it meant she would want to breakup with me, after all this long time we had spent together getting close, and sharing so much intimacy… and even doing Caitlin's thing-- calling each other “The One.”
 
“Well, Mykan, you don't even know if Amelie does want to breakup with you.” said Wyatt, “Believe me, after being dumped by so many girls I can recognize these things.”
 
“True… and then you'd end up running like coward, and being a big wuss.” said Jonesy.
 
Wyatt almost got up the urge to argue, but the rest of us all agreed with Jonesy. “So, what if Amelie does breakup with you?” Jen asked.
 
I was silent for a moment, and my fingers twitched. “I don't think you wanna know.”
 
The others all gazed at each other fearing the worst. I just couldn't lose Amelie! She was the heart and soul of my everything. My inspiration, my work, my very reason to live… I decided to go get a much needed coffee and calm down a little. I really needed some alone time.
 
“Poor Dude…” said Jude. “I'm still haunted by the time Starr broke up with me when she went Goth and--” he shuddered, “Those creepy Zombies!” he pulled his toque over his face and hid his head in his shirt like a frightened turtle.
 
Wyatt patted his back, “Now I remember… when I had trouble getting over Serena.”
 
 
“Maybe I should just join a monastery. Then I won't have to worry about girls.”
 
 
“Hah! Whimps…”Jonesy mocked. “Even with your exes back, you still get plagued by it.”
 
“Well you're one to talk.” snapped Nikki. “Don't you remember when I almost moved away?”
 
Jonesy's features changed, remembering how he drowned himself in sorrows. “Aw, man…!”
 
Jen nodded, and remembered all the points of ice-cream her stepbrother had consumed. “I didn't have any for a week.”
 
The whole gang really had their share of breakups. Jen didn't have it good with Travis, and Caitlin… her list went on, and on. It really had been a wild run the past two years.
 
 
 
Later on, when the gang had broken up. Jen and Caitlin were doing a little shopping at “Albatross `N Finch” to help get their minds off all the stress that had been going on. “I really think we should be helping Mykan out.” said Jen.
 
“I know…” added Caitlin, “But how can we help him feel better while we're feeling down in the dumps too.”
 
Jen knew she had a point, and she did need a new T-shirt to go under her sports-jacket since her baby sister puked on it. Jen walked off to the fitting rooms leaving Caitlin on her own.
 
She dropped a hanger for a pair of pants she had been wanting to try on, and when she bent down to pick it up, WHAMM! Her head conked into someone else's head. “Ow…!” she groaned.
 
“Whoa! Sorry about that…” said the voice of what sounded like a cute boy. Caitlin looked up and gasped. It was a cute boy. Tall, a little buff, blonde hair like hers. He winked his eyes at her, and she winked back…
 
“Uh… sorry again about that.” the boy said to her. “Let me get that for you.” And he got the hanger for her, “Name's, Carlo?”
 
Caitlin felt a little nervous, “Caitlin-- Hi.”
 
A brief moment of silence passed, and then Carlo noticed the pants Caitlin was holding. “Wow… you wear the same Jeans as me?”
 
“Oh… yeah… I just love the fabric.” replied Caitlin, “Oh, but you know what I like best with this. A white T-shirt with a matching jean jacket.”
 
Carlo surprised her by saying, “No way… I was thinking the same.”
 
Caitlin soon discovered that Carlo was as much into fashion as she was, and one thing lead to another…
 
Jen finally came from the fitting-rooms. “Caitlin…?” she called. “Caitlin…?” She looked all round the store, “She's… gone…?” For some reason, she felt like she had been ditched.