6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: November Rain ❯ Thunder or Lightning ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
The rain outside began to pour a little harder, and there was a little thunder and lightning too. Sad to say, things in the mall were not improving much either...
 
The guys and I were at “Grinde-me” with Nikki, but all over the shop and outside we could see trouble. Darth and Julie… once former and hideous geek-a-zoids, now pretty, handsome with their image changes, but still nerdy interiors… they were having an argument.
 
“You promised me we'd go to the Sci-Fi convention this weekend!” snapped Julie. Her angry eyes flaring behind her new “Wonder-Taco” mask.
 
“Ex-Squeeze me?” snapped Darth, “How was I supposed to know those tickets would sell faster than hotcakes, and I couldn't get any in time?”
 
A few more couples passed by the shop looking just as sour, even Jason and Jonnie, the kissing couple. They were still lip-locked, but their eyes were open, they both looked angry and were grunting and growing at each other as if they were communicating in their own language…
 
…Whatever it could be called!
 
“Shesh! What is with everyone today…?” Nikki said.
 
“I hear ya, bra…” added Jude, “All this negativity is seriously harshin' my mellow.”
 
Wyatt sipped his coffee, “Ahh… nothing that a little coffee can't fix.” he sighed. Unfortunately I didn't feel hip enough to agree. I checked my phone for the umpteenth time hoping that Amelie had answered me, but still… nothing. She was still with Eddie.
 
And there they were… passing by the entrance of the shop, and practically the only couple not bickering. Seeing them together filled me with a load of fear and worry. I squeezed my coffee cup and almost spilled it on my hand.
 
I got up and headed off, “Hey, where're you goin'?” asked Jonesy. “I'm going to my store. There's something I gotta' do.” I answered and I walked off, right past Amelie and Eddie, but as I figured, they didn't take notice of me.
 
There was only thing I could do now, but I had always hoped I'd never have to show it to Amelie. Still, I could see no other way to get her attention.
 
Jen came into “Grinde-Me” she looked as if she had been running all over the mall. She stopped by our table, “Have… you guys… seen… Caitlin anywhere?” she asked while panting.
 
Jonesy told her he saw Caitlin with some guy having a coffee a while ago, “Then they decided to go shopping.”
 
“She sure seemed hooked into this new guy.” Said Wyatt, “They wouldn't stop talking about fashion.”
 
Jude begged and pleaded, “Du-hu-hude… please… I can hardly take any more of it as it is.” Then he hopped on his board, “I think I'll go visit Starr. Ciao.” and he was gone.
 
Jen slumped down in the empty seat. “Ugh! Caitlin just wandered off without even saying anything to me, and I couldn't pay for my new clothes on my own.”
 
The others found that a bit funny, “She ditched you, on a shopping date?” Nikki laughed.
 
“Hah-hah… okay… I have heard some weirdo things, but that takes the cake.” added Jonesy.
 
Jen wasn't amused. “At least I was being considerate and thinking about Mykan. Where is he anyways?”
 
The others told her that I went off, “He looked pretty bummed out.” said Wyatt.
 
Jen was feeling angrier than ever, “And he still won't let us do anything about it?” she asked. “What's going on with everyone today?” She realized she had to go and see me now…
 
“Ooh…! She `s mad.” said Jonesy, “Mykan better watch out.”
 
 
Comic-Cavern wasn't too busy today, and right now the store was empty. I just sat there at the counter working on my computer. Whatever I was doing, I was so wrapped into it, I didn't even notice Jen standing there on the other side.
 
“Mykan…?” she finally spoke and scared me. “WHOA…!” I fell out of my chair. “Sorry…” replied Jen.
 
I got up, “No, it was my fault, I was far away...” I said.
 
Jen asked me if I had done anything about Amelie or if she had called me yet. I looked a sadder tan before, but answered, “Yeah… she called. She and Eddie are out having lunch together, and asked me if it was all right…”
 
Jen was livid the fact that Amelie would tell me something like that, “And did you tell her No?”
 
I stopped dead in my tracks, and turned to face her, “No… I let her do it.”
 
“WHAT…?!”
 
I told Jen, for the second time, that what Amelie did with her life separated from mine was not my concern. It was not my place to butt it and tell her what to do. “If she's happier with Eddie-- then fine!”
 
Jen officially wished she was just dreaming. “So… if she breaks up with you… you're just going to let her go? JUST LIKE THAT? AND AFTER ALL YOU'VE BEEN TRHOUGH…?!”
 
I picked at my ears, which hurt slightly from her shouting at me. “Yeah… I guess I'll have to.” I answered, “But that doesn't mean I have to like it, or be happy about it.”
 
“Now, if you don't mind, I'm a little busy…”
 
Jen growled, “Mykan… I'm trying to help you.”
 
“And I… am trying TO WORK!” I protested and I went upstairs into my private sanctuary so I could keep working on my little project without being disturbed, until Jen was gone at least.
 
Jen was getting ready to blow! She stomped out of my store, and as she walked out into the main mall, everywhere she looked she could see more couples arguing. Boyfriend's getting slapped, girlfriends crying... Some not even talking to one another and just staring away from each other with their arm folded and sour expressions on their faces.
 
Jen finally had to let it out. She stomped angrily to entrance doors, and walked out into the rain. She walked out into the parking lot and let out a HUGE SCREAM, the thunder and lightning responded in a huge boom!