Angel Sanctuary Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Blau ❯ What Has Gone Before ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer: I'm not telling you what anime/manga I'm using here just yet, but I don't own it. Kerry is mine, Drago is partially mine.

-----~~~-~~~-----

Blau

What Has Gone Before

-----~~~-~~~-----

"Eh?" he said, then jumped back out of the range of the blade. "Oi, oi, why are you attacking ~me~?"

"You have been attacking villagers."

"I have not!"

"The villagers have been attacked by a vampire. You are the only one around."

"Come on, I'm no more vampire than you are! Calm down."

"There are no other vampires in this place."

"D, this ~really~ isn't like you."

"I have been hired to kill you."

The other man, Drago, dodged yet another strike and winced slightly when his hand got nicked. "To kill me, or to kill the vampire that has been attacking the villagers?"

"They believe you to be the same."

"The only reason why I'm here is because you are."

D was silent, but continued attacking.

"If I count as a vampire, then so do you."

"I am half vampire."

"As am I."

"I know."

"D, why are you ~really~ attacking me?"

"I have told you."

"I see." Drago risked a holding charm. It worked, but barely. "You are trying to kill me because I am part vampire, because you are a hunter, because you have been hired to do so, because they are paying you. I: your mother's confidant."

D growled.

"I: to whom your father entrusted your mother until he could fully escape the Hellsing family."

"..."

"I: who can do nothing in return."

"What?"

"I cannot harm you. You know that."

"I do not."

Drago sighed and, pulling a chair from nowhere, dropped into it. "Hermione never told you?"

"My mother died before I was fully grown."

"From magical overuse, I know. I miss her too, D."

"You barely knew her."

"On the contrary: we grew up together." Drago sighed. "Will you hear me out, or do I have to keep restraining you."

"I will hear you."

The older, platinum blond man muttered something under his breath, and visibly relaxed as D moved again, to sheathe his sword. "Sit down. It is a long tale, but it includes many others, such as how your parents met, how I became what I am, what my oath is, why the guardians of this world do not interfere, and why we still exist today. Hopefully - Kerry?"

"What is it?" It was a disembodied voice, no more.

"I do not know everything D should. Will you help me tell him?"

"I'm not in the story."

Funny, he thought she was. Ah well. "That means you can tell it, though, right?"

"Yes." She stepped through an invisible door.

Kerry was... not indescribable, but full of contradictions. She was good and evil and neutral, hate and love and indifference, beautiful and ugly, wonderful and terrible. She reminded him of his father and his mother and himself and a thousand other people he had known, and more. She was the embodiment of character, the storyteller.

He remembered her from stories his mother would tell him, before-

He would not think about that.

"So you desire a tale," she said, smiling, and held out her hand. On her palm, a spark of light became a miniature of a man, with long green hair and golden eyes, in a double-breasted jacket and what looked like the semi-formal wear he remembered from his childhood underneath. The man looked angry, frozen in the act of something that looked violent. Slowly, his surroundings filled in and D could see the door handle in the man's hand and other people, not yet completely formed, near by. He could almost hear something being said, and then everything was there, he was there, only he wasn't there, and all he could do was… "Watch."