Angel Sanctuary Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Blau ❯ Things Unseeming ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Weiß Kreuz or the angel idea or Yu Yu Hakusho or Ranma 1/2 or Inuyasha or any of the other anime/manga that I will be eventually working in here - and truth to tell, I'm tired of saying it. However, everything that doesn't belong to anyone else belongs to me. And I'm not going to tell you who everything that doesn't belong to me does belong to because I'm not free advertisement, thank you very much. If you're reading this, you probably already have a good idea anyway.

-----~~~-~~~-----

Blau

Things Unseeming

-----~~~-~~~-----

Although he liked Ilde very much for some reason he couldn't name, Brad was not comfortable with Bryn. She was always so serene and calm and ~knowing,~ as if she always knew just exactly what was going on and why and where and… Well, he supposed that she did. Both he and Jei had been gently reintroduced to the fact that the four girls they were staying with - for some reason, he couldn't think of them as family - all had… special abilities. Bryn ~was~ precognitive, so it made sense that she'd always know what was going on, because she'd already seen it. But then, wouldn't she be seeing the future at the same time as she was reacting to the present? Wouldn't it be a bit confusing - seeing both present and future at the same time, and keeping them straight and… Oh, he was just going to give himself a headache, thinking like this.

But Bryn still made him uncomfortable, and for some reason he felt like it should have been he who knew a bit more than she did - maybe not everything, but important things like when the next mission would be and why and for who and if there would be any problems with either the employer or anyone who might interfere - probably Weiß, at that - and how much sleep Schuldich would need beforehand to perform at peak and-

What was he ~thinking~?

Missions? Weiß? Schuldich? Where had he gotten the idea that - Jei didn't seem like the right name, but it was he nonetheless - was insane? Where had he gotten the idea that he, Brad, was precognitive? Why did he have this sudden dislike for the name Bradley?

"You're remembering."

"What?"

"You're starting to remember your life before the hospital," Ilde said. "When you do, remember also: you're part of us, now. The others have gone their own way."

-

In the kitchen, Jei slumped a little on the stool. So that's what it was. He was just remembering.

It would explain a bit, he supposed, why he wasn't all that comfortable in Makizeen's presence. Maybe if he had been more like her before he lost his memories, he was uncomfortable seeing, essentially, himself from the outside.

But no, that didn't seem quite right. Maybe he was uncomfortable because she ~wasn't~ acting like he used to, before he lost his memories, and so it was like seeing himself acting out of character, and from the outside on top of that?

But how could she be himself when she was female? And why did he get the feeling that gender was really immaterial?

He supposed it really didn't matter. If he was remembering, then he'd stop feeling like he was missing something, hopefully. And it was all dependant on His will, anyway.

Not even realizing that he hadn't thought that way in a long time, he went upstairs to his room to pray.

~~~-~~~

Kurama did, in fact, like Kagome very much. He enjoyed teasing her, and flirting with her, and being her confidant when it came to Inuyasha and the past, and playing big brother around such annoying people as Hojo and Kouga and Genma.

He had started off by pretending to be in love with her - it was a pleasant enough fantasy, and if she returned his `feelings,' he had no doubt but that he could return hers to an extent. Unfortunately, his sense of humor had gotten in the way, and after one very interesting afternoon, Lover-Shuichi became Big-Brother-Kurama.

--@--[flashback]--@--

"But Kagome~~!"

She giggled. "No."

"Why not?" He pouted.

"I am the priestess of the jewel." She touched the almost-complete jewel reflexively. "I cannot be else until my duties are completed." She gave him a sharp look. "And if you think you can complete them for me, that's happened twice before, and the results were nasty."

"You don't trust me? I would not use the jewel for ill."

"You might not be able to help it." She leveled a look at him that made him think she knew much more than he had told her. He was right. "As a ma-youkai, you should not be receptive to the jewel's influence. But with this human body-" she poked gently at his shoulder. "It might be enough. And then your nature would corrupt the jewel, which would, in turn, corrupt you. I prefer not to take that risk."

"You knew?" He looked surprised. He ~was~ surprised.

"If I can sense shards of he jewel, why should I not be able to sense youkai, no matter what form they wear?"

"Does it upset you?"

"No. Like Shippo and Inuyasha, your `feel' is rather comforting."

"I see. Kagome… are you… serious about Inuyasha?"

Knowing that Inuyasha was in the tree outside the window, and could hear everything they were saying, she smiled. "I have been his ever since he put my life before his own."

Hiei was in the tree too, and they both knew it. "His to have and to hold, to protect and to cherish and to guard, his to keep, his to love and to love him in return. Yes?"

She blushed a little. "Yes."

He hugged her and kissed her forehead. "Then you don't mind that I feel the same way about Hiei."

Kurama heard sputtering from the tree. Kagome sensed his aura change as he nearly fell out of the tree. "Oh, no. I figured that out a while ago. Dear me, Hiei, are you alright?"

Hiei glared up at them from his new place on the ground. "Hn."

Kagome laughed. "You should go comfort him. I'll see you tomorrow, Shuichi-kun."

"Please, call me Kurama, since you know what I am."

She grinned. "Alright. I'll see you tomorrow, Kurama-nii."

--@--[end flashback]--@--

Ahhh, the joys of brotherhood. Speaking of which…

"Let me go, Dog-turd!"

"Idiot." He whapped Kouga on the head and secured his arm more firmly about the other's waist, keeping him off the ground. "I'm a fox, not a dog."

"Whatever! Let me go: I'm visiting my woman."

"No, you're not. Kagome is having some private time."

"With you?" Kouga sneered.

"If I were with her we'd be together behind a locked door and you'd ~know~ what we'd be doing. No, she's with Hiei."

"Oh." Kouga remembered Hiei. "Ack. Maybe tomorrow?"

"Maybe not, unless you'd like to fight off her cousin."

It might not be a good idea to antagonize her through her family, but still, he was sure she'd understand. "Feh. As if he could stand against me."

"Idiot," Kurama said again, and whapped Kouga on the head again. "He's the one who killed Saffron."

"Oh." Kouga remembered Saffron too. "Ack. Maybe next week?"

"That depends," Kurama said gravely. "Now go away."

Once he was free, Kouga scampered.

~~~-~~~

Jei - even if he ~had~ been Farfarello, he was Jei now - walked downstairs to find Brad almost visibly steaming. "So you remember too," he said. "It's His will. Deal with it."

-----~~~-~~~-----

Neko Lynn - You're going to have to wait, dear one. Maybe, probably not. It requires different geography. You'll have to content yourself to get along without OP.