Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Messing with Heat ❯ Not so tender moments ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Messing with Heat Ch6: Tender moments

WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, SO MUCH YOUNGER THAN TODAY,

I NEVER NEEDED ANYBODY'S HELP IN ANY WAY.

BUT NOW THESE DAYS ARE GONE, I'M NOT SO SELF ASSURED,

NOW I FIND I'VE CHANGED MY MIND I'VE OPENED UP THE DOORS.

HELP ME IF YOU CAN, I'M FEELING DOWN

AND I DO APPRECIATE YOU BEING AROUND.

HELP ME GET MY FEET BACK ON THE GROUND,

WON'T YOU PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME.

AND NOW MY LIFE HAS CHANGED IN OH SO MANY WAYS,

MY INDEPENDENCE SEEMS TO VANISH IN THE HAZE.

BUT EV'RY NOW AND THEN I FEEL SO INSECURE,

I KNOW THAT I JUST NEED YOU LIKE I'VE NEVER DONE BEFORE.

HELP ME IF YOU CAN, I'M FEELING DOWN

AND I DO APPRECIATE YOU BEING AROUND.

HELP ME GET MY FEET BACK ON THE GROUND,

WON'T YOU PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME.

WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, SO MUCH YOUNGER THAN TODAY,

I NEVER NEEDED ANYBODY'S HELP IN ANY WAY.

BUT NOW THESE DAYS ARE GONE, I'M NOT SO SELF ASSURED,

NOW I FIND I'VE CHANGED MY MIND I'VE OPENED UP THE DOORS.

HELP ME IF YOU CAN, I'M FEELING DOWN

AND I DO APPRECIATE YOU BEING ROUND.

HELP ME, GET MY FEET BACK ON THE GROUND,

WON'T YOU PLEASE,

PLEASE HELP ME,

HELP ME,

HELP ME, OH.

All you see right now is darkness…. And nothing else. All you hear is silence surrounding your body as you float back down into the eternal darkness in the realm you are currently in. Your arms are floating by at your side, as if you were falling but there was no wind and no sound whatsoever. You can’t even tell if your eyes are open, since everything is pitch black.

You think of raising your hands to feel your face, but they won’t listen and stay floating by your side. Your legs are up in the air, resting against your chest so you don’t plan on landing on your legs which would hurt bad. So you inhale deeply, your eyes searching for some kind of light.

And you see none whatsoever, just pitch black. You can see your bottom clothing, and your body and whatnot, but you can see nothing else. You feel like you weigh nothing right now, and feel like your almost flying or something. You hair is resting against your head, with you feeling its softness. You remember before all this, you were in pain. Real pain, that it hurt bad. Your hips were hurting, and you remember blood and lots of it. But right now you feel nothing but calmness and silence.

Weird right?

You float down like the movie, Alice in Wonderland or something, but you had no dress on. Your deep breathes were silent and calm sounding, not panting or fast and ragged. And you felt better than you ever did since you were born, or had your first kiss in your dreams late at night. Or when you lay on your bed after a long day, and feel comfort and close your eyes, welcoming the darkness taking over you. Those memories stay put in your searching in your mind, making you smile. You don’t know why, but being here puts you at ease and makes you want to smile and laugh or something weird like that.

Finally you hit the bottom, the flooring black as well and you don’t know which is the floor since they look so much alike. You land on your butt and look around, once again seeing nothing and bite gently on your bottom lip. You move your legs so their in front of you, put your hands inches behind your hips and stand up on shaky legs. You feel like wind is pushing you, but you feel none right now. You know what you feel, which is nothing. This was the weirdest dream you ever felt, or your simply just dead for some reason.

Someone whispers your name, and you look around kind of panicked. You twist your hip, looking behind you and looking up, you see nothing. Your hands ground into balls of fist, feeling frightened and confused. If you were dead, you thought it would be brighter and more happy, not lonely. You feel your eyes widen and you see a woman.

No, you know her from somewhere.

Ursa. Zuko mother.

Just at her sight of her makes you lose your breath, her long dark hair overflowing past her slim waist and tickling her butt a little. It was kind of weird seeing her here, since in the show you didn’t see a lot of her, just in a couple episodes or so. She looked like a kind woman, and her eyes were staring straight into yours, looking gentle like Zukos, which did only at occasions. Her hands were at her sides, holding her bottom of the dress for some reason, like she might step in mud or something. Her perfect lips were set in a kind, gentle smile and she was floating directly towards you.

“Are you….?” You mutter, your whole body freezing as she stopped in front of you, not that far from you. She was wearing dark red robes with beautiful golden outlining, which made you admire her taste. Her hair was down with the Royal Fire Lady crown in it, like that episode where she was with little Zuko by the pond.

“Are you Zuko’s mom?”

“Yes I am.” She spoke, her voice just calming you down. No wonder why Zuko was so happy when he was a child, kind of, this woman looked so gentle and caring. “And you are lost, are you not?”

You gulp, hands shaking and nod slowly. She smiles at you softly, tilting her head to the right slowly and her hair falling to the side as well. It looked shiny and well kept, like Zuko’s or Azula.

“Well, I know of a way you can get back.” She tells you, and your heart skips a beat right then.

“What?” You gasp, eyes widening. “But, I really want to know how the heck I got here in the first place!”

She laughs quietly, eyes boring into yours. “You are a lot like my son, stubborn and ignorant. That is why I admire you greatly. But you got here from myself.”

You just gape at her in horror.

“Yes, my son needs someone right now. And I cannot be there for him, and I feel like I failed as a mother myself. So please, just stay and help him through until the end of the way?”

You stare her into the eye, standing your ground. “But, why me?”

“Because I saw you in your world, and I thought you had the heart and patience to do the job. Please, can you try to erase my mistakes?” She was almost begging now, her eyes pleading with yours silently.

“Fine. But as long as I can leave when it all ends.” You tell her, sighing deeply. Great, you knew how long it took for the war to end and what all the characters went through, so you’re taking a chance.

“Thank you so much!” She cries and flies to you, wrapping you in a huge hug. You stiffen, feeling some tears coming to your eyes. You just know Zuko would do anything to be in this embrace, but he hasn’t been in years. You can’t help but feel bad for the banished Prince right now, since all that happened. When you watched the show you thought he was scary looking, but now, seeing his eyes look into yours like Ursa’s makes your heart melt.

And before you know it, everything you see right now disappears. And you find yourself looking up at a red metal ceiling, your hip suddenly hurting once more. You groan loudly, your eyes closing and your hands moving to touch the band aid on it.

But before you do, a hand comes out of nowhere and seizes your hand tightly. You open your eyes wider and look over to your right and see Zuko sitting on a stool next to the bed you were laying on and his face was close to yours.

“Don’t touch it,” He warns in a husky voice, his usual voise. Soft and husky. “I know it hurts, but you might mess it up.”

You say nothing and stare him in the eyes, now seeing something like anger or madness. His lips were pale from tightly being pursed from stress or something. And his clothing was nothing but a simple robe, red, with some dark pants underneath. His hair was in its usual top knot, making him look scary again.

“What the hell was wrong with you, huh?” He snapped suddenly, his eyes glaring into yours violently. You widen yours, not having the chance to say anything. “You jumped in like an idiot, wrong angle and almost got yourself killed! What are you, suicidal?”

You clear your throat, you throat feeling tight and dry from lack of speaking and drinking. “I wanted to save you Zuko.”

“I don’t need to be saved, I was perfectly fine!” He suddenly boomed, standing up. He threw a chair into the wall, crashing it with his fist and blowing fire at the wall with a roar. He turned back to you, making your heart skip a beat and praying for mercy.

“People always think they have to feel bad for me, but I don’t want their stupid pity!” He yelled, grabbing his hair in his stress. His eyes were wide and wild looking, making him look crazy and seriously mad. “I don’t need it! I’m perfectly fine without it, so don’t you dare pity me!”

“Fine! I guess you want me to just hate you? I can’t frickin do that!” You hiss back, but too much air went into your lungs and you started coughing on it, violently falling back onto the bed. It hurt, and soon blood was coming out of your mouth.

Ouch.

“Uh, do something useful for once, and go to bed.” He snapped, but you heard the worry and guilt in his voice. He walked back over to you, looking you over and gave you a rag to wipe the blood off your chin. You eyed it in disgust, wanting to just go home now.

This was going to take awhile, ay?

Oh, and the song at the beginning is by the BEATLES!! Yay! Lol ^_^

PLEASE REVIEW