Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Messing with Heat ❯ 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Messing with heat Ch15

Here’s chapter 15!!! Enjoy and please review!!!

YOUR POV

Zuko looked confused a moment, moving back an inch or two. “Why can’t you come?”

You swallowed heavily, knowing fully well Zuko would get offensive to this next part. You know fully well that Azula was just doing this to try and capture the exiled Prince. But he was too hard headed to do anything about it. You even considered telling him you wer from a whole different world, and was really sent her by his mother. But you knew he would get angry for you lying to him, so you shook that option off easily.

But what else could you tell him? Could you give him hints at what Azula was really planning? Or just go along with him and fight along his side. Even though your air bending wasn’t nearly as good as Aang’s, it was actually reasonable now. The bad thing was, everything in this world was the opposite of what happened in the show for some reason. Everything turned out slightly different, as Jet rang in your mind like a candle. Shivering, you think of a good enough reason.

“What exactly will your sister do to me?” You ask quietly, avoiding the Prince’s heavy gaze. “If she finds out what I am, she’ll lock me up without a second thought.”

Zuko reached out for you, shaking your shoulders gently. That little gesture caused you to look up at him, and he looked urgent and pleading. His eyes were wide, and his whole body was tense for some reason.

“My sister will do nothing with you like that,” He stated flatly, “I’ll make sure of it.”

“But…” You searched for words. “She’s bound to be suspicious since all my kind,” For some reason, the last word ‘kind’ made tears come into your eyes, and you choked on it. Now, you were starting to feel like a real air bender, and that was shocking you. You couldn’t even make the tears go away, since you couldn’t stop them from coming in the first place. “All my kind is extinct, Zuko. She has to be smart enough to notice something strange about me. She might even think I am the Avatar!”

Zuko wrapped a stray hair away from your face, and cupped your face in his hands, like you were a fragile doll. You tried your best not to look into his eyes, but gave up and got lost in them. Seeing the honey colored array made you feel suddenly dizzy, imagining a warm fire.

“Then don’t be an air bender.” He said simply, his hot breath fanning against your face. You inhaled his musky, fire like breath. “Be something else.”

“What do you mean?”

A grin went across his face, a child like one. “Be a fire lady.”

“What?” You gasped in shock, moving out of his grasp. “I can’t do that, Zuko.”

“Why not?”

“Because that’s not who I am…”

“But what else can we do?”

“I don’t know.”

“Come on, it won’t be hard. We can go in the market and find a fire nation dress, and you can wear it. Then Uncle can tell you a fire nation hair style, no, you can just put an emblem in your hair. Simple. Then you can appear as a fire nation citizen, and my sister won’t suspect a thing.” Zuko explained, cocking his head to the side to look over you.

You sighed, since your heart felt extremely heavy for some reason now. “That’s wrong, Zuko.”

“How is it wrong?” He sounded offensive now, shocked that I thought his plan was wrong. Okay, the guy was still arrogant okay?

“Because that’s not who I am!” You told him sternly, hands on hips. “Look at me. Do I look anything like a fire bender? I may have some comparison, but no. I don’t think, act or breathe like one. If I have to do a pledge to your nation, I won’t be able to do it at all. No way am I going to hide who I really am, just to sneak past the Princess. I would much rather go on that ship, risking my life, as an air bender, than to go as someone that I’m not.”

“But what if I care about your safety?” Zuko murmured, as if in a daze. He looked off in the distance, looking sad suddenly. “Just do dress up for once? I…. Lost someone in my life before… And I don’t want to lose you.”

Your heart clenched at his sight, seeing his eyes water. Shock penetrated your body seeing his lip start to quiver, knowing fully well he was talking about his mother. His mother left him, in that one episode. Your eyes softened, and you wrapped him in a needed hug. It was crazy, he actually clung to you practically. Your hands softly caressed his back, and you sighed.

“I’ll do it for you,” You said simply, “just this once.”

He said nothing, and stood up, looking like the old Zuko. Not the one that lost his mother, and looked sadder than ever. He looked like the old Prince you knew, and he gazed steadily into your eyes. Planting a deep kiss on your lips for good measure, he gave you a couple more of small kisses after kissing you on the forehead.

“I don’t know what I’d do if I ever lost you,” He whispered, kissing you on the tip of your nose. You would have giggled, but his serious face stopped you from doing that.

Guilt washed through you as you remembered you didn’t even know who you were right now. All you knew was that you were an air bender in this world, and your name was the same as before. You knew that when Zuko found you were lying to his face the whole time, he would be furious.

But you tried to ignore that, as he showered your face with his hot, smoking kisses.

LATER, WHILE PACKING

“Iroh?” You asked quietly, not sure of yourself. Looking in the mirror, at the formal looking dress, you didn’t look like yourself. Your eyes had this red tint in them, and your hair had a fire nation emblem stacked in it. Your lips held a rosy color, and you felt like a proper lady. Feeling suddenly shy, you looked over at Iroh, and he was smiling sadly. You knew this dress was so tight, you couldn’t even bend over if you wanted. This was why you wanted to be who you were supposed to be; an air bender.

“You look beautiful.” He breathed, staring at you as if you were his own child. “You look like the prettiest fire nation noble, I have ever seen. Honestly.”

You blushed, even though you had some blush on your face. “Uncle, I’m sure you’re exaggerating.”

He didn’t even say anything, but sighed and turned around. “Zuko sure is lucky.”

He silently walked out, leaving you to look back to the mirror. Something tugged at your heart as you saw the emblem, and the red dress. It was blood red, to look a little more formal. It was extremely tight, but Iroh explained that all noble women in the fire nation wore them like that. It did show your curves, but you’d much rather be able to bend over, especially since you know what’s really going to happen.

You’ve seen the episode so many times to forget.

You ran your hand to feel the soft velvet fabric around your stomach area, and you sighed again. This definitely wasn’t you. Your eyes showed awkwardness, just telling people that you were pretending. You hoped Azula wouldn’t see them at first.

Even though you had a feeling she would.

Swallowing something heavy down your throat, you turned to make your leave. Something was telling you to stay here, and not go on that ship. But you knew Zuko would be heart broken if you left, and you would simply have to live through it.

You found the two fire royals outside, holding their bags. Going by the window, you listened to everything they said.

“I can’t believe this, Uncle.” Zuko said, shocked. He was staring over at the sunset, looking so sad. “I’m finally going home.”

Iroh was gazing at Zuko, not happy though. “Zuko, I don’t wish for you to get your hopes up. My brother is not the forgiving type, and I doubt he’s doing this for a good reason. Do not be deceived by him.”

Zuko snorted, shaking his head. “You know what? You’re just jealous because my Father took the throne, and you’re a simple old man. Like I should even ask you, you just don’t understand anything about me.”

“I know enough.” Iroh said, and Zuko looked annoyed.

“Where is she?”

You decided to step out of the cabin, looking around to see Zuko’s old ship anchored in the port. Nobody was on it, since he gave it away, thinking he was actually going home. Your eyes avoided Zuko’s open stare, as he swept you over.

“She would make a gorgeous fire woman, wouldn’t she Zuko?” Iroh said, smiling brightly at you.

You blushed from the attention, and lightly stepped down the steps, not used to being this stiff. You absolutely hated the dress.

Zuko was too busy just staring at you to do anything, as his eyes looked you over. It was as if he was memorizing everything about you, which made you become flustered.

“So, are we ready?” You asked quietly, and shyly.

“I believe we are.” Iroh said, nudging Zuko, who finally snapped out of it. He walked ahead, however, he kept sneaking glances over at you from behind.

You stayed quiet as Zuko and Iroh talked with one another, since you knew what they were saying, you didn’t even listen. The rocky cliffs you were walking down weren’t easy to walk down on, since all you wore were some loopy shoes much similar to Zuko’s. They were actually hard to keep balance, but prevented you from falling forward a few times because of the loops.

The ocean was glistening against the sunset, and you stared down at it in wonder. The waves crashed against the rock, sending masses of water in the air, sparkling the air. It was an extraordinary sight indeed.

“There she is.” Zuko said, making you look forward. You saw a ship twice as big as Zuko’s, and several soldiers were lined up in the back. You could see a small red dot of the Princess, and your heart instantly sped up. Okay, something big was going to happen, you just felt it in your gut.

The two hesitated a moment in front of you, so you waited patiently for them to continue. Your eyes were glued to the red dot, imagining the Azula’s evil smile, and her dark, jet hair blowing around as she would send a fire blast at your heart.

You shivered from the thought, just as Zuko and Iroh made a mover forward. You followed, the steps becoming heavier the closer you got.

Finally, you were all walking up the ramp, passing the stiff soldiers at the side. Your curious eyes looked up, and they widened.

The Princess was gorgeous.

Her sharp face was extremely intimidating, seeing her sharp, angular eyes take everything in. She was the perfect example of power, seeing how she was standing at the top. Her straight, black hair was tied in a bun at the top, a red ribbon adorning her narrow face. Her amber eyes were glaring down at Zuko, with a little smirk on her face. Just from looking at her, you felt a blush rise to your cheeks, and you felt your hands start to shake.

She was frightening in person.

“Brother,” She announced, in her sick, sweet voice. You saw that her lips were red, the closer you guys got to the top. The smirk widened when she looked back at you. “I am glad you decided to come.”

“Why wouldn’t I?” Zuko asked, sounding manly and strong. “If Father wants me home, shall be it.”

Her eyes narrowed, and your heart froze as she looked you over. “Who is she? And why is she here?”

Zuko hesitated, looking back at you. “She is a good friend of mine, now. We helped her back in the market, and was born in the fire nation. She is part royal.”

Azula held the look that basically knew he was lying, as she looked into your eyes. You felt your insides freeze from the look, and you almost tripped over your own feet as your eyes stayed on hers. Great. She knew who and what you were, and you couldn’t even turn to run. You suddenly wished you were in front of Iroh and behind Zuko. Too bad you were in the far back.

“She is a lovely sight, Zuzu.” She said, with a sneer only you caught. “What is your name?”

Zuko growled a little at the nickname that you knew he hated with passion. “Azula, she will be the one to tell you her name. And I told you to never call me that.”

She rolled her eyes, turning her back to you. “When did I ever listen to you anyway?”

She was gone before you knew it, walking across the ship. Your posture relaxed when she was gone, but stiffened when the soldiers next to you suddenly looked even more tensed, like they were about to do something. Cold sweat started on your neck as you passed each one by, and you still had a dreaded feeling in your stomach.

That made you shriek loudly when you suddenly sprung forward, and picked you up. You twisted and turned in the soldiers ice like grip, but he only walked behind the soldiers past Zuko and Iroh. Zuko finally noticed what happened, and he panicked.

“What are you doing with her?” He roared, smoke coming from his nose. “Let her go!”

“Sorry, brother.” Azula walked forth, and your vision started getting dizzy now. Zuko and Iroh were both in a fighting stance now, getting ready to attack. “But this girl is not with the fire nation. I will have to send her to Father to decide her punishment for impersonating a fire nation royal.”

“No!” Zuko yelled, unleashing his attack. Too bad the soldier had you on board already, and you lost your conscience when Azula did something to your neck.

The last thing you saw, was Azula smirking down at you. And you were gone.