Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ A New Life ❯ 05 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title - A New Life

Same as before - all info is in the first part unless stated otherwise.

Usual thanks to everyone who reviews - hope you enjoy this next part of the story - remember you can always ask to add something and I'll see what I can do.

Yuriko: And how long has it been since you last wrote this story???

Georgia: I'm guessing by your tone, too long?

Yuriko: FAR TOO LONG!

Takayuki: Yeah, it's been what, 2 months or so?

Georgia: It's not my fault I say, I blame college!

Takayuki: You always blame college.......

Georgia: ¬.¬

Georgia Hiwatari x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Just wondering." smiled Tala sweetly at Kai while he began to twitch again, causing the others to snicker.

"Nice one, Tala." laughed Tyson all the way in the back

"Ooooooo, Kai looks pissed." commented Rei as he hid himself behind a blanket keeping an eye out as Kai glared at him through the rear-view mirror, "Eep."

Tala laughed and looked at Kai, "Oh come on, aren't we allowed to mess around?"

"Not while I'm driving, I'd prefer not to die in a car crash thank you very much, Tala, unlike some it seems." the driver responded.

"Fine, fine, we'll behave, on penalty of death in a car crash, right guys." replied Tala turning back to the rest of the guys.

"Right." was the group response.

'Finally' thought Kai to himself as everyone seemed to settle down, either falling asleep, playing a video game or reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tala yawned, waking up from his nap, stretching he asked, "So are we there yet?"

Kai rolled his eyes, just over an hour in peace, he knew it couldn't last much longer, "Yes we're here, just a few more minuets till we reach home, so don't start with me."

"So we're not there yet?" the redhead responded, earning yet another glare from the teen beside him, "I guess I wasn't meant to comment on that was I."

"I don't think so somehow." Rei replied in place of Kai, looking up from his book in the back.

Only minuets later Kai pulled up to the front door of his Grandfather's, soon to be his, mansion. "Okay, we're here now, so will you can now stop your complaining." Kai said, hopping out of the car and heading towards the back, unlocking the door he glanced at a snoozing Tyson, rolling his eyes the looked at Max, "You can take care of that I presume."

Max smiled and nodded as the others headed towards the front door, Tala grabbing his bags in the process, nudging Kai he said "Home sweet home, eh Kai."

"Oh yeah, no more complaining about my driving now, and 'are we nearly there yet' from you lot."

Rei smiled sheepishly and wrapped his arms around Kai, giving him the puppy-dog-eyes, "Sowwie..."

Kai hung his head, damn those eyes, they always got him, "Fine, find, let go in now before someone starts complaining about, when we're going in."

Rei detached himself and smirked at Tala, as Kai opened the door, he mouthed, 'every time' to the older teen, Tala in turn tried to stifle a laugh.

"Hey, could someone please help me here, Ty's heavier than he looks." Max called, Kenny looked up from his continuous typing, handing Dizzi to Rei he headed over to help.

"Of course he's heavier than he looks," mumbled Kai, "He eats more than all of us combined, excluding Tala that is."

Said redhead glanced at Kai, "What was that?"

Kai just whistled as he walked in towards the kitchen, Rei following with Dizzi as Tala muttered to himself about annoying, stubborn two-tone haired Russians.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tala opened the refrigerator door, eyes wide, "Ooooooh, well what do we have here then." the redhead said to himself as he picked out random items and set them on the table besides him, "Well, well, well, what can we make out of this? Hum."

Fifteen minuets later Tala headed into the living room where all the others were watching T.V or doing something else with a tray full of various food items.

Kai looked up from his book he was writing in, "Did you actually leave anything in the kitchen for the rest of us?" Tala smiled, "Of course, I believe there's half a jar of strawberry jam left."

The others just looked blankly at him, he really did eat more than Tyson, who would have thought that possible, they didn't. Kai just shook his head and returned to his book.

"So I guess there really is no food left then?" asked Max, catching Tyson's attention who shot up and ran to the kitchen, tripping over on of the cushions on the floor on the way, seconds later reappearing, "There's nothing left! Nothing, not a thing!" he then quickly fainted at the thought of no food.

"Well I suppose that's one way of shutting him up." Kai remarked, not looking up from his book, "and anyway, there's plenty on food, I stocked up, what with having both Tyson and Tala here. I'm not fool thank you very much, unlike some people."

"And to whom was that comment directed at Kai?" asked Rei as he sat on the arm of the chair Kai was seated in.

"Yeah, I hope it wasn't at me," commented Tala while eating his tray of food, "I have you know that I'm just as smart as you, if not more so, so there."

Max and Kenny in the mean time weren't paying attention as they tried, yet failed to wake Tyson, and completely missed the small 'argument', if you could call it that at all.

"It wasn't directed at anyone, it was a general comment, if that." replied Kai coolly not once taking his crimson eyes away from the book before him.

Tala sighed and went back to eating, signalling that that was a good enough reason for him, Rei on the other hand wasn't happy with that answer.

"A general comment, huh, so I'm guessing that means everyone but you then."

"It does not mean everyone but me, Rei, so stop trying to make it into something when it never was."

"Then who was it directed to and what the hell are you writing that's so interesting?" asked Rei taking it out of the elder teen's hand before he could react, and walked away.

Kai sighed, "Rei give me back my book, now, and like I already said it wasn't directed to anyone." he stood up and began to follow the neko-jin.

"Hey is this like a journal or something?"

"Rei, just hand it over, and you won't have to get hurt." Kai responded, starting to twitch.

Rei began to flick through the pages as he moved around the room keeping as far away from the twitching teen, "Okay, what's interesting in here, hum. Nope, no, nothing, ah, what's this, hey, what the heck is this written in?!"

Tala looked up and smirked, "Oh, I'm guessing that would be Russian my dear kitten, Kai always wrote his most interesting things in Russian, and most intimate."

Kai stopped in his tracks and turned to Tala then Rei, "Don't you dare..."

"Oh come now Kai, would I do such as thing as to translate what you've written into a language little Rei here could understand."

"And the answer to that stupid question would have to be a yes, I know you better than you know yourself Tala, remember that."

"Ah, so true, yet I know you better than you do." Tala winked as Kai slumped back into his chair eyes closed as he rubbed his temples, "You know, bringing you here was meant to reduce this headache which is my life, but I think you've just tripled it."

Rei watched as the two Russians talked away, journal still in hand, and blinked. What had happened between those two. Shaking his head he said, "So I'm guessing on-one wants this thing then?"

Kai and Tala both looked up, getting up they turned to Rei, book held to his chest, and looking like a deer caught in some headlights as they both lunged as him.

"Eep!" he yelped jumping out the way, thanking whoever for his cat-like agility and reactions, and ran towards the back door, the elder two chasing after him.

Kenny looked up from Max hitting Tyson over the head trying to wake him, "What's been going on there? Max, I think we just missed something quite important.

Max looked up, "Most likely, but I still can't wake Tyson up to tell him that we still have food left."

"We have food!" yelled Tyson sitting up, knocking over Kenny and Max in the process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End Part 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Takayuki: Yeah and how long did that take you, eh?

Georgia: Lay off, I've been too busy to do things, plus I didn't have any clue of what to write, it's not my fault really...

Yuriko: Oh, it's never your fault, it wasn't your fault that you 'forgot' to finish off this chapter.

Georgia: ;-; you're so mean to me! ::runs away::

Yuriko: Do you think I upset her?

Takayuki: Yeah, like that wasn't obvious ::rolls eyes:: baka

Yuriko: Shut up would you! Anyway R&R and hopefully when someone returns from her hissy-fit she'll write the next chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Georgia Hiwatari x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~