Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Alarming Attachment ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Alarming Attachment

Summary: It was suppose to be a relaxing vacation, but for Ray it’s anything but. Meeting a girl called Asia who annoys him and dealing with Kai who appears annoyed with him, what’s a neko to do? And what is it that Kai is hiding?

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Arista “Asia” Rainstorm. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not on based one anyone else’s character, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warning: Usage of a female OC. She is not the hero of the story, and the fic will not be centered on her. Any fans of OC pairings should leave now. Do not ask me to turn this fic into a Ray/OC or any other canon character/OC as I cannot stand such pairings. I have no hesitation in bashing my own created characters. Female Kai.

AN: This is the chapter everyone has been waiting for, I hope. I won’t spoil anything, but I think you will like it. Well, I sincerely hope you do.

-------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------

Chapter Twelve:

For as long as Ray has known Kai, he learnt that when Kai doesn’t want to be found then it’s near impossible to find him! Even though he was certain of which path Kai took in his haste, Ray still hasn’t stumbled across him.

No, wait, her! Argh, he has to know. Now!

Stepping into the dinning room where breakfast was being served, Ray glanced around, his gaze immediately drawn to the large table in the corner where the rest of his teammates sat together, Hilary calmly drinking her tea while Tyson ate his usually large breakfast, laughing every once in a while at something Max said. Kenny, as usual, was typing away on his laptop while Daichi tried to match Tyson’s eating habits with his own enthusiasm.

Well, it was good to see that someone was enjoying their vacation.

“Hey,” Ray said as he approached the group, a little out of breath from his relentless search. “Has anyone seen Kai this morning?”

Tyson paused in his eating and took a moment to think. “I haven’t seen him since yesterday,” he replied with a shrug of his shoulder.

“Neither have I,” Hilary answered as her eye rolled up towards the ceiling in thought before turning back to Ray, a hint of concern in her eyes when she took in his ruffled appearance. “Did something happen?”

Ray stayed silent for a moment and then it accrued to him. His teammates had no idea of the hell he’s been through since he arrived here. They had no idea just how obsessed Asia was with him. They had no idea of the surprising and shocking secret Kai had. They were completely and utterly clueless!

“I just need to speak with him about something important,” Ray muttered quickly, having no time to explain everything to them. All he wanted to do was to find Kai and get to the bottom of this. “I guess I’ll just have to keep looking.”

He didn’t even wait for a response. He turned on his heel and stalked out of the dinning room and back into the courtyard. He might not know where Kai was at this exact moment in time, but he was certain that if Kai was anywhere, she’d be outside.

Walking through the lush garden landscape, Ray kept his eyes peeled for any sign of Kai. “Where are you, Kai?” he muttered under his breath. He had to find her, he had to. He didn’t care if Kai wasn’t a guy. That wasn’t an issue. He just wanted to be with her, to by her side. He wanted to find her, pull her into his arms and tell her that everything would be ok.

That was all.

“Ray!”

Ray literally groaned out loud, his posture slumping forward in frustration and his eye gave an annoyed twitch. “What now?” he muttered through clenched teeth as the perky, heavy bosomed brunette appeared in his sight.

However, his frustration and annoyance soon turned to surprise and then confusion when Asia threw her arms around his neck and clung to him desperately.

“Kai won’t get between us anymore,” she said as she nuzzled her cheek against his shoulder.

Ray’s brow knotted in deeper confusion as his hands stayed by his sides, refusing to even touch this girl at the moment. Didn’t they already go through all of this? “What are you talking about?”

Asia pulled back slightly, but kept her arms around his neck. She appeared annoyed for a moment, no doubt angry that Ray wasn’t hugging her back before her eyes then shimmered with a sense of understanding. “I know Kai convinced you to break up with me,” she stated firmly, a growl in her voice when she said Kai’s name.

“Break up?” Ray repeated, suddenly regaining the movement in his arms. He grabbed Asia by the shoulders and literally ripped her away from him. He kept his hands on her shoulders, keeping her back. “Kai didn’t do anything,” he said firmly as he bit the inside of his lip to stop himself from giving this girl a hard slap of reality across that pretty little face of hers.

But then his eyes widen in alarm. “Wait, what are you talking about Kai won’t interfere?”

“Oh Ray,” Asia sighed dramatically with a smile on her lips as she lifted her hands and placed them on his chest. “We can finally be together now.”

“What did you do to Kai?” Ray demanded to know as he gave Asia a rough shake, his eyes turning into dangerous slits. “Tell me!”

Asia’s eyes suddenly flashed dangerously as she dug her nails into his chest. “That whore was going to attack me!” she suddenly screamed, her face darkening into a frighten shade of red. “I had to do something to protect myself!”

Ray tightened his grip on her shoulders, the same way she tightened her grip on his chest. He didn’t care that he might be hurting her at the moment. The threat that she hurt Kai was greater than her personal health and well-being. “What. Did. You. Do?” he said each word firmly with a hint of rage in each syllable.

“I did it for us,” Asia said with a huffy tone, an annoyed pout forming on her lips. Shouldn’t this be the moment where Ray confessed everything and fall into her arms, asking her to forgive him for being so foolish? After everything she did for him he still refused to acknowledge their love for each other? How stupid could he be?! It’s obvious that they were made for each other!

“Can’t you see that?” she asked as she framed his face in her hands.

“Us?” Ray spat harshly, as a dangerous look flashed in his amber eyes and he shoved her back harshly, looking at her like she’s the most disgusting thing he ever came across. Which wouldn’t be that far from the truth. “There is no us? There never has been and there never will be!”

Asia reeled back at the venom in Ray’s voice, staring at him in complete shock before tears began to flow down her cheeks. “Ray, please,” she pleaded as she took a step forward, appearing ready to press herself against his chest. “I love you!”

“How can you say that?” Ray asked as he stepped to the side, avoiding her advances. “We’ve only just met! I don’t feel that way towards you!”

Once again, Asia’s mood swung wildly and a look of sheer annoyance appeared on her face as she planted her hands on her lips and stomped her foot, just like she usually did when things weren’t going her way. “I won’t let you go so easily, Ray,” she said, surprisingly calm. Sounding like this was the most obvious thing in the word and that he was just in denial. “Can’t you see? We’re meant to be. You can learn to love me, I know you can.”

Ray took an uneasy step backwards, Asia’s sudden change in demeanor shocking him a bit. “You’ve lost it,” he muttered, fear for Kai’s safety growing stronger and stronger. “Get away from me.”

“Ray!” she growled as she took a heavy step forward. “I’m not losing you to that slut! She’s not good enough for you!”

“What are you talking about?” Ray asked, his heart suddenly thumping loudly in his chest. Asia said ‘she’. Does she know about Kai…? Oh God, what happened to Kai? Where was she?

“I know the reason why Kai was so insistent that you break up with me,” Asia continued, a small smile on her lips, a smile that had a bit of pride to it. Like she was proud of something she did. Something she did to Kai…

“That slut wanted you for herself,” Asia said as she suddenly lunged forward and grabbed Ray by the arm, forcing him to look at her in the eyes. “I won’t let her take you away from me!”

Ray was flabbergasted. “What?” he stuttered in shock, his eyes wide with fear.

“Get away from him, you bitch.”

Suddenly, Asia released a scream of surprise and pain, and was abruptly ripped away from him. Ray stumbled backwards, fear being replaced by shock when a familiar dual blue-haired teen appeared. Kai had Asia by the hair as she pulled her away from him, she then quickly threw her to the ground, making her hit the soil beneath her hard.

Asia released a loud wheeze, appearing that she had the wind knocked out of her. She curled up into a fetus position while gasping desperately for air. A sudden and frightful scream passed her lips and tears poured from her eyes. She appeared to be in agony, and almost hysterical. She peered up at Ray, a sense of betrayal in the raven depths when Ray does nothing to comfort her. He didn’t even lash out at Kai for hurting her!

“Ray…,” Kai panted as she leaned heavily against her knees and continued to glare with such hatred at the girl on the ground. “You have to keep away from her…”

“Kai!” Ray said, immediately making his way over to her. He paused for a moment to take in her appearance. She was no longer wearing her dark blue sleeveless hoodie, instead all she had on was her shorts and the thick white bandages around her chest. Cuts and scrapes littered her slim body and shreds of blue material were wrapped around her left ankle as well as her forehead. The bandages around her chest did very little to hide her feminine features, but that did not concern Ray. What did concern him was the wince of pain on Kai’s face and the way she was breathing rather harshly, like she couldn’t get enough breath in.

“What happened?” he asks as he hovered near her, unsure what to do. He wanted to take her into his arms, to hold her, but he didn’t know how badly Kai was hurt. “Are you alright? How badly are you hurt?”

Kai bowed her head slightly and appeared to be utterly embarrassed about the whole situation. “Ray…” she murmured, her arms moving to fold over her chest, in a feeble attempt to hide her obviously female chest from him.

Asia finally managed to get her breath back and picked herself up off the ground. She held her side as she wheezed and glared at Kai, her face screwing up into a dark scowl. “How did you get out?”

Kai snapped her head back up and glared at the girl, dropping her arms to let them hang by her sides, ready in case Asia tried anything else. “I have the master key,” she said, a smirk on her lips when Asia’s eyes widen in surprise. “I knew it would come in handy.”

“You stupid bitch!” Asia screamed as she took a hard step forward and balled her hands into fists in front of her. “Why can’t you just leave us alone?!”

“You would like that, wouldn’t you?” Kai asked and took a shaky step forward, trying to hide the wince of pain on her face when she stepped on her injured ankle. “You tried to kill me by pushing me down a flight of stairs. Heh, you truly are brainless if you think that would stop me.”

“Stop it!” Asia yelled as she abruptly shook her head, her usually silky brown hair covered in dirt and dust as it flew about from the rapid movements. “Ray loves me, not you!”

Something inside Ray seemed to snap and his released an animalistic snarl as his amber eyes darkened and turned to slits. “That’s it,” he snarled. “I’ve had enough of you.”

Before either female had a chance to even blink, Ray lunged forward, grabbed Asia by the shoulder and roughly jabbed a pressure point in her neck. Asia’s eyes widen in a look of shock and disbelief, before they rolled towards the back of her head and she slumped forward. Ray released his grip on her and watched with a mild sense of satisfaction as she hit the ground, out cold.

Kai watched him in disbelief and awe, never had she seen Ray so angry before. Or so in control. Hitting the pressure point in her neck so easily, so effortlessly, he was amazing.

“Ray?” she whispered before a streak of pain shot up her side from her lower ribs and she released a noise of discomfort and pain. She clutched her side, her eyes screwed shut as he began to sink to her knees.

“Kai!” Ray raced forward and skidded to Kai’s side. Immediately, he knelt down next to her and pulled her into his arms, cradling her top half against his chest. He looked down upon Kai’s face, his heart tightening when he noticed the emotion of embarrassment and guilt on her face. Her four blue triangles are smudged and almost unrecognizable.

“Ray…” Kai whispered, suddenly looking and sounding very tired.

Carefully, Ray removed her face paint with his thumb as he tenderly looked down at her. In his mind, he realized that the probable reason that Kai wore the face paint in the first place was to hide her feminine face. The way her hair now framed her face, the light shimmer of unshed tears in her eyes, an embarrassed blush on her cheek, it was now obvious to see that Kai was a girl.

A very beautiful one at that. But hey, Ray always thought that Kai was beautiful.

“You really are a girl,” he whispered, not sounding angry or surprised, merely making an affirmation.

“I wanted to tell you,” Kai whispered as the flush on her face darkened. “I just didn’t know how…”

“It’s ok,” he told her softly as he continued to hold her close, his thumb gentle stroking the side of her face. “What did she do to you?”

Kai released a sigh as she rested her head on his shoulder, subconsciously curling herself deeper into his chest. She curled her fingers around his shirt and nuzzled her head under his chin. “She started yelling at me about trying to break up your relationship. I told her that you would never love someone as bitchy as her. She then slapped me, ripping my shirt in the process.”

“So that’s how she knew you were a girl,” Ray muttered as he placed a soft kiss on the top of her head, running his fingers through her hair in an attempt to comfort and soothe her bruised and battered body.

“She then pushed me down a flight of stairs that lead to a wine cellar and then locked me down there,” Kai continued to explain, her body growing heavier and heavier in Ray’s arms. “I had to use my shirt as bandages. It was ruined anyway. I managed to climb up the stairs and used the master key you gave me this morning to escape.”

Ray pressed his lips into a thin line, frustration and rage bubbling in his chest. He opened his mouth to ask another question when Kai suddenly stiffened in his arms.

“Someone’s coming,” she muttered, a sense of panic appearing on her face.

Ray looked up in time to see two of his teammates, one the holder of the bitbeast Dragoon, the other the short haired brunette. He held Kai tighter in his arms, hiding her face against his chest as he rested his chin on top of her head.

As if Kai hadn’t been through enough already!

“Dude!” Tyson said loudly as he waved his arms about in the air. “What’s all the yelling about?” Suddenly, he paused mid step and blinked when he caught sight of Kai laying in Ray’s arms. “Huh? Kai!”

Hilary snapped her head up and her eyes immediately widen. She dashed forward to see if there was something she could do, but then paused, Tyson faltering in step next to her. Both of them stared forward, eyes widening ever more so when they got a proper look at Kai. More importantly, the bandages around her chest…

“He’s, I mean, she’s…” Hilary stuttered, shaking her head in disbelief.

“Dude, wait-a-minute!” Tyson yelled as he took a step back. “Kai’s a girl?!”