Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Creme is good...Really! ❯ Missing: One locket.... ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I dun own Beyblade but I do own the Bureido-Go-Onnas

Max was currently in the middle of gelling his hair when the plans for the evening really sunk in. For the first time since the relationship between him and Kaira started, even way back into friendship mode, she was meeting him mom. It would serve to be an interesting evening. Max looked at his hair and sighed… He wasn't quite sure how deep his feelings for the girl ran for her but they were deep enough to respect her wish of not saying the "L" word until the 1.5 mark and if they truly feel it… and the wish of keep things strictly platonic until after her 18th birthday since she was the younger of the two, by a few months, but he definitely knew he'd want to hold onto her a lot longer than he'd expected.

"Kai, stop!!!" A voice yelled before the sound of skin to skin was heard. "Don't put your finger in there! Thank you." The voice continued to yell and Max rushed out of the bathroom immediately and saw Kaira getting a wet Willie from the white haired leader. She then stood up to growl at the boy who just laughed at her before her fist came in contact with the side of his head.

"Looking good, Max!" Hilary said breaking up the temper issue arising in his girlfriend. She then stopped and stood upright making Max smile at the choice of clothing her friends must've picked out and threatened to steal her hockey stick if she didn't comply. Her skirt was navy blue and a pink shirt that had a triangle cut out to show a decent amount of cleavage and a silver ring holding the shirt closed. Instead of her typical sneakers she had on a pair of black shoes with a low heel.

"Kaira's not look bad herself really…" Max grinned at the girlish blush on her face before he looked at his hand. "Behave tonight…" He said making everyone shake their heads.

"I gotta be back by 9:30… Ami's putting everyone on a bedtime cuz we don't sleep enough…"

"Fair enough…" He said pulling her close for a kiss. "Let's go my mom's waiting."

"Ready, Emily?" Judy asked pulling on a violet headband to match her shirt. She smiled in slight satisfaction; she even had a plan on how it would all turn out. She would chat with the two kids and Michael would call her phone and she make like she had something important to discuss for s few moments leaving the two alone. And if that didn't work she'd offer to go to the movies with Max and when they got there she's had another important call to take leaving the two alone in the dark. It's not like she wanted her son to be a pervert with the opposite sex, but he needed someone to add some stability in his life. Emily just happened to fit the description. The girl was smart, had ambitions, not bad on the eyes and she knew the girl wasn't some conniving fan hoping he'd have some cash. Besides out of the rest of her team Emily was her favorite.

"Ready…" Emily came out of the bathroom with a black pleated skirt, which showed off just the right amount of leg to not be called anything negative, and a forest green tank top that hugged her body just right and seeming to enhance what she wasn't blessed with. Her brown hair had been pretty straight but curled at the ends and a white headband separated her bangs from the rest of her hair. Her feet had been adorned in black sandals.

"You look nice." Judy smiled at the girl.

"I hope so… These shoes will be killing my feet later." Emily admitted grabbing her bag she borrowed from Mariah. With a last check over they left the hotel room and went down to the restaurant.

"Can I help you?" The hostess said flipping her blonde ponytail over her shoulder.

"Yes, we're here to meet someone… The reservation should be here under the mane of Max Tate…" She watched the hostess search the book.

"Right, yes… your party hasn't arrived yet…" The hostess said before leading Emily and Judy to a table. There was a booth with three placements.

"Can you bring another setting?" Judy asked and the waitress nodded before walking off.

"He sure picked a nice restaurant." Emily commented. "I hope he doesn't bring Tyson…"

"No… He said he was going to introduce me to a friend I never met of his." Judy said tapping her chin thoughtfully.

"Oh, Max you sure I look okay?" Kaira was a mess at the moment and Max could only laugh. For a girl with a sporty personality she can be overly girly when it counts; especially since she was checking her reflection in the elevator metal doors. The doors opened and she stepped inside still messing with her hair.

"Kaira." He grabbed her hands and pinned them at her sides. "You look beautiful…" He said softly leaning in to kiss her. He felt her respond to the gentle kiss and he let her hands go as she instinctively wrapped her arms around him neck, his went to her waist.

"Thank you…" She whispered before returning to the kiss. By time they were halfway down they were just all out making out. When they reached the bottom he had her pinned against the wall with one of her legs up at his waist. They looked at each other with flushed faces and small smiles of slight desire.

"I know… after your birthday." He whispered softly. Letting her leg down and they walked to the restaurant hand in hand.

"Can I help you?" The hostess asked.

"Max Tate?" Max said and the girl nodded. "You party is waiting for you… Enjoy your evening." She said leading them to the table.

"I'm running to the bathroom." Kaira said softly.

"Max…" Judy sighed lovingly at her son. She could've sworn her son grew since she had seen him last year. They exchanged a hug before Max acknowledged Emily.

"HI mom… Emily what are you doing here?"

"Your mom invited me…" Emily said softly with a blush staining her face.

"Oh."

"So Max, doesn't Emily look pretty tonight?"

"She looks nice… and you put your contacts in too…" Max noted as the blush on Emily's face grew. Max took a seat with his mom.

"So your mom said you were bringing a friend to dinner?" Emily tried to break the awkward silence.

"Are you ready to order?" The waitress cut in.

"Yes…" Max said.

"What about your friend?" Judy asked.

"I know what she wants…" Max said placing his order and Kaira's order. Judy and Emily gave their own order.

"Did you say she?" Emily asked.

"Sorry, I took so long." A foreign voice said before gently sitting down.

"Yes, my friend is a she…" Max said grabbing Kaira's hand under the table. He could see the confusion crossing Judy's face and Emily's face. "I hadn't expected Emily, but I want you both to meet my girlfriend of one year… Kaira. Kaira this is my mom Judy and I'm sure you know Emily."

"Girlfriend?!?!" They both asked as Kaira frowned suddenly… Max just squeezed her hand.

"Yes, my girlfriend. This is the special person I wanted you to meet." Max said as Kaira put on a bright smile.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Ms. Tate." She said softly. "Max has told me so many wonderful things about you… and I have been looking forward to meeting you."

"I see… And I've heard nothing about you." Judy said suddenly feeling bad for the girl next to her.

"Which is really a surprise…?" Kaira said gently. "You see my team is the one they've been bragging about in the papers…" She kind of sweat dropped when the food arrived. "You ordered for me, Max?" He nodded and they went back to the conversation.

"You're part of the BladeFive?" Judy asked.

"She's the leader of the team actually." Max said as suddenly the attention was on the girl and her team's abilities. Emily on the other hand snorted.

"So you're one of the opposing teams. What will you do should you oppose the Bladebreakers?"

"I'll play… You see Max and I are pretty competitive with each other all the time anyway" Kaira said. "I mean he fights with me to even put on a dress." She said and Max nodded. Judy looked mildly interested.

"Well, Kaira's a sport fanatic. If we argue and can't come to an agreement we arm wrestle to end the yelling and the winner send their point across. Or if it's one of our more intense arguments we start a game of anything to waste the energy."

"So you're a sporty type who will play football and get dirty?" Emily asked obvious disgust in her voice.

"Sometimes football, but I just love hockey." She said.

"Wait so instead of letting the argument drag on you waste the adrenaline before trying to talk again?" Judy found that really odd. Most girls would have argued and walked away leaving the guy to sulk and feel bad.

"Well, yes." Max said giving Kaira the chance to eat her dinner. "Kaira hates to stay angry for any reason at all."

"I see…" Judy said as soon as questions about their relationship formed in her mind. "You said you'd been together for a year… you haven't done the…"

"Mom!!!" Max blushed knowing where the question was going

"I just want to know… in case anything should arise."

"No we haven't done the horizontal limbo." Kaira said smoothly as if it were the easiest thing in the world to talk about. "You see people don't set up any guidelines in their relationship that's where unexpected surprises come up. I have set the rules when I first agreed to being the girlfriend."

"Rules?"

"Yes. You see the use of the word love is sacred to me. I cannot use it on just anyone, so Max and I have agreed should we ever make it to the year and a half mark and still feel that deeply then say it if you mean it. And the whole behind closed doors thing is to wait after my birthday when I turn eighteen and we have an idea where our relationship stands." She said.

"But what if you aren't ready for such commitment to the "L" word or ready for sex as it is?" Emily asked hoping to find a major flaw with the plan.

"Well you see… I do care a lot for Max and I do what feels right. I know he would never pressure me into anything… and if he did he would meet with the end of my hockey stick." Emily just huffed… this girl was too perfect nothing really flawed her and Judy was seemingly to like this girl. Judy was to be on her side…

"Well it was nice meeting you Judy and good luck in your first match tomorrow!" Kaira said shaking the woman's hand.

"Good luck to your team too." Judy said watching Max walk the girl back to her room before the elevator doors closed.

"I think that went well." Max said just as someone in a black cloak ran right into Kaira rather roughly.

"Sorry, Miss…" The figure said rushing off.

"Rude much?" Kaira said softly stopping outside her door. "Well, I'll see you in the morning?" She asked and he just nodded with his loving gaze. Although the rule wouldn't let him say the words yet they were easy to read in his eyes. He then just leaned over to kiss her again for the evening and made sure it was a deep one that would linger for the evening.

"Goodnight…" He whispered before looking at the door. "See you in the morning girls…" He grinned and headed back to the elevator. She then turned and looked at her friends in the doorway shaking their head.

"We thought it was rouge with the ice until…" Amy trailed off blushing heavily.

"Back with the ice!" Rouge held up the bucket and they went inside.

"Hey where's your locket?" Mai asked looking at Kaira's neck. Kaira's hand flew to her neck in search of the gift from her father… the only gift she had from her father that meant something to her.

"Oh no I must've dropped it…" She began to panic. "The clasp has been acting up…" She opened the door and obviously wouldn't find it tonight.

"We'll check the lost and found in the morning." Tai said grabbing her. "You know our match is first up."

"But…" Kaira said.

"It'll be fine." Rouge said softly smiling. "We'll look before our match then after…"