Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Ice Cold ❯ A Layer of Ice Melted ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2: A Layer of Ice Melted
Following the address on the paper Kai had given her, she pulled up into the driveway of the biggest mansion she had ever seen in her life. "Holy shit! What did Kai do? Rob a bank?" she thought out load to herself as she locked her blue '92 Chevy Caprice Classic.
She had left her Harley at home because she didn't like ridding it in the dark, it was too cold and her bike was mainly black and hard for others to see. Ringing the doorbell, she waited for someone to answer, surprisingly, it was Kai instead of a servant she knew he had.
"Lets get this over with" he said and lead her upstairs to his room.
IT WAS HUGE! It made her own room look like a closet compared to his. It had a king-sized bed with navy-blue sheets, a desk with a computer and all the hardware to go with it, a stereo with a large CD collection next to it filled with rock and heavy metal, a dresser that had a beyblade components box on it, a bookshelf and a big closet. The walls were ultramarine blue with flames painted on them. The ceiling was navy-blue and had a beautiful phoenix painted on it. In a corner of the room sat an electric guitar that was navy-blue with flames on it.
'Pyromaniac' she thought when she saw all the stuff with flames on it, even the computer had them.
"Are you gonna sit or stand there gapping?" Kai's icy voice broke into her train of thought.
"Why? Does it really matter?" she asked, matching his icy tone.
"Honestly, I really don't give a shit. I just want to get this fucking essay done" he said and she agreed with him.
She'd find a way to make both her drama and history teachers pay. It was bad when Mr. Cefeldaz made her Anastasia in the play, but having Kai play Demetrius was the icing on the cake (A/N- Being very sarcastic here) and now she had to do a ten-page essay with Kai as well, her first day really sucked.
True, she didn't know Kai but her intuition told her that he was going to be trouble. Pulling up a chair next to the one Kai was in at his desk, his computer prepped.
"How do we start this?" Kai asked in a bored, frustrated and pissed off tone to the girl he: a) saw in every one of his classes; b) had do to the school play with during and after school; and c) had been paired to do his history essay with.
'Damn you Miguel, you just had to skip fifth period didn't you?' Kai thought, not noticing the girl typing on his computer.
He looked at the screen and his eyes grew wide, she was on page eight of the essay already and her fingers were flying on the keyboard.
"What the fuck did you do? Steal an essay off the internet?" he asked as she was midway down the ninth page.
"No, I've done an essay on the fall of Rome before and I know how to type really fast, it comes in handy" she said in a monotone voice.
"Done" she said and he looked the whole thing over. It was done and it was good, the teacher would give them a high grade for sure.
"Late" he heard her say as she exited the room. He sat there for a minute before going after her.
Keri was almost out the front door when Kai called her back. Spinning around, she glared at him with and icy stare.
"What?" she said as Kai came down the last set of stairs.
"Why the hell are you so cold and mean? God, I'm bad but you're ten times worse! What's up with that?" Kai asked as he now stood in front of the shorter girl.
"I have my reasons and I'd rather not share them with you!" she said and the room dropped to sub-zero levels as she left.
Kai heard the engine of her car start and the tires pull out of the driveway. Tyson was right, she was worse than him.
By noon Wednesday, it was clear that Keri was a force to be reckoned with.
During second period Chemistry, Keri had blown up at their teacher, Ms. Kelence for being a total and completely blond idiot who should not be teaching a subject she knows nothing about.
The reason she had blown: she had followed every instruction in microscopic detail and the experiment blew up in her face. She was now walking around the school with rainbow coloured hair, and with a look that said 'the next person who pisses me off, dies.'
"God, I hope non of us are around when she decides to kill" Tala said as he took a sip of his Coke and the others nodded.
"She was fine in drama, but reluctant to say her lines" Mariah said as she filled the others not in the class on what happened.
"I know, but think about it. It's a new school for her, and maybe she never wanted to leave the one in America, her family is also back there too" Matilda said in the colder girl's defense.
"YOU'RE DEFENDING HER!" everyone else rang at the same time, shocked by the smaller girl's words.
"Think about it. Without her old friends or her family she's probably lonely, so she puts layers of ice around her heart to try and stop herself from being hurt by others. She doesn't know how to go about this change, so she acts ten times worse than Kai. I think we misunderstand her just by the way she's acting" Matilda said as she explained what she was thinking.
"Maybe someone should talk to her and let her know that there are people that want to be her friends if she just opens up a little" Mariam said and then everyone turned to Kai.
"No fucking way" he said, he didn't want to get involved more than he had to with this girl.
"Come on Kai. You're the best person to talk to her, you've been there before" Ray said in his calm and collected way.
"Fine, but I'm not making any promises it'll work" he said, sighing he drudged to history class as the warning bell rang.
"Everyone open their text books to page 134 and do questions 1-4 in the chapter analysis section" Ms. Chaplino said and the moans were heard as the students opened their books.
About half-way through the class, the door opened and Keri walked in, her hair still rain bowed.
"Miss. Fujiwara, you're late" Ms. Chaplino said as she took her seat at the back of the room.
"No really" she muttered to herself but a few students heard, luckily the teacher didn't.
"And what in the world have you done to your hair? You'll distract the students with it!" Ms. Chaplino screeched from the front of the room.
"It happened in chemistry, I personally would never in a million years die my hair with these fucking bright colours. I hate them and they give me a shit-ass headache. I'd either go full out jet-black or a very deep crimson" she said and the teacher looked at her baffled, while some students could be heard sniggering, Kai and Tala included.
By the end of the day, Keri was dying to go home and get out of the hell-hole called school but unfortunately she had play rehearsal.
'Joy, another hour with Hiwatari and Ivanov. Just what I needed to end my day with' she thought as she headed towards the theater.
"Ah, my Anastasia! Now we can begin" Mr. Cefeldaz said as she walked down the theater aisle towards the stage.
"Lets get this over with" she said as she jumped onto the stage and took her place.
It was the scene where Anastasia was leaving the orphanage and needed a sign. "Home, love, family there was once a time I must of had them too. Hope, love, family, I will never be complete until I find you..."
After rehearsal, Kai quickly went after the icy girl. He found her by her car, banging on the window.
"What's up?" he asked and the girl stopped swearing and hitting the car and turned to him.
"I've locked myself out of my car, my spare keys are at home and I have no way to get there!" Keri yelled in frustration, it was just one bad day after another.
"I'll take you" Kai offered and she looked at him in disbelief.
She's been the iciest, coldest and meanest bitch to him for the past two days, and here he was, offering to give her a lift just to get a spare set of keys and then drive back to retrieve her car.
"You sure?" she asked, her words and voice normal (A/N- Shocking!).
Kai just nodded his head and steered her towards his black Mercedes, where she got into the passengers seat and then they took off.
"This is your house?" Kai asked in disbelief as he stared at the palace in front of him.
"No, it's the dogs. Yes it's mine and yes I have it all to myself" she said, exasperated by his staring.
"Come inside for a second, I won't be long" she said once they were inside and then took off down a long hallway.
'Shit, and I thought my place was huge' he thought as he studied a painting. It was called L'Ecole de Danse School of Dance and another called The Star. Both were depicting dancing ballerinas, gracefully performing their dance routine.
Keri came back a few minutes later and knew what was coming. How could an ice cold bitch like her have or want beautiful paintings like that around?
"Lets go" she said and dragged him out of the house.
"Those paintings, why do you have them?" Kai asked as he drove along the road.
"They remind me of a part of my past I don't want to forget. I used to dance ballet until I became ill, after that I never had a chance to continue. My dancing years are ones I do not wish to forget" she told him and then went back to silently ignoring him.
Kai had done something no one else had before, he had melted a layer of ice from around her heart just by caring in the past hour in a half. Now the real challenge began, would he and the others be able to melt all of the ice?