Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Ice Cold ❯ A Reluctant Princess ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3: A Reluctant Princess
"Are you serious? That ice cold Amazon use to where tights and a tutu? Hahahahahahah" Tala said as he laughed at what Kai had just told him.
"Yeah, she told me yesterday when I drove her back to the school to pick up her car" Kai told him and then nudged him to keep quiet as Keri walked in through the door and the bell rung the second she sat down.
"Good morning class!" Mr. Cefeldaz said as he came in through the door.
"Morning" the class drowned back at him.
"Um, lets try this again. Good morning class!" he said again in a cheery voice.
"Morning" the class said reluctantly.
"Before we begin practicing for the play, I'd like to introduce a new student to our class. Everyone, please welcome Ming-Ming Komasatchi" Mr. Cefeldaz said and a girl with blue hair and an innocent look appeared.
"Hi!" she said and some students, including Keri, groaned at her cheerfulness.
"Why don't you tell us about yourself Ming-Ming" Mr. Cefeldaz said, hoping he'd get a better response than he did from Keri.
"Sure! I like to beyblade and I'm Beyblade Idol back in America!" she said and had gotten some attention from the guys who knew her from T.V.
"Hallelujah, she can take my spot in the play" an icy voice penetrated into the silence.
"No, you cannot give Ming-Ming your role just because you don't want it! Besides, I already have a role for Ming-Ming. She shall play the role of Penelope, her voice will be perfect for it" Mr. Cefeldaz said as he pointed out where Ming-Ming would sit.
"Great" Keri said and then went back into silence for as long as she possible could, which in this case, wasn't too long.
"Class, due to yesterday’s unfortunate mishap we shall be partnering up for this experiment" Ms. Kelence said from the front of the room, giving Keri a direct look as she did.
"Not my fault you can't teach" Keri's icy voice said, penetrating into the Chem. Lab.
"Miss. Fujiwara, if I couldn't teach then the school would've never have hired me" Ms. Kelence said as she gave the teen a displeased look.
"No, they probable ran out of teachers with brains to chose from and you were the only one left" Keri said and some students snickered at this fact.
"Report to detention after school and if I hear another smart-ass wise crack from you, it'll be for the rest of the week" Ms. Kelence said but Keri was unfazed by the teacher's threat.
"Wow! Two fucking days! I'm so frightened!" Keri said with fake surprise and amusement, by now some students were trying to hold in their laughter.
"Principal's office. NOW!" Ms. Kelence yelled and the teen grabbed her stuff and went out the door, slamming it as she left.
At Lunch:
"Dude, I wish I was there. That would've been sweet to see Ms. Kelence get told that she can't teach shit by the Ice Amazon" Johnny said as Kai told everyone what had happened during second period.
Almost everyone was laughing at what he was telling them at lunch. Tyson was too busy stuffing his face and Kenny was too busy with Dizzi, both had no clue what was going on.
"She doesn't seem to take any bullshit from the teachers, is this a good thing?" Miguel asked from his place in between Claude and Mariam.
"The teachers can't give detention, she's got the play and I doubt Mr. Dickenson will do anything but lecture her" Ray said calmly as Mariah hung onto his arm.
"Then why'd Kelence try to?" Ozuma asked as he finished the last of his french-fries.
"Kelence has a space full of air where a normal person's brain should be. Her head is so fucked up, I'm surprised no one's fired her yet for her sever lack of intelligence" an icy voice piped up and everyone looked around them, finding no one.
"God, you're almost as bad as her. Ever think of looking up?" the icy voice said and they looked up to see Keri sitting in the tree that was near their table.
"Well, well, well. It seems the Ice Amazon is kind enough to grace us with her presence today" Tala said, a grin tugging at his lips.
"Don't flatter yourselves. There's no other trees that aren't being polluted by crack and pot heads around here. I think we should just shoot them all now and be done with it. After all, they're killing themselves anyway so why not do them a small favor?" she said, a wicked smile forming on her lips at the thought of going drug-addict hunting.
"God you're evil" Mariah said with disgust at the tall teen.
"So sue me" Keri said as she flipped off the tree and landed perfectly on her feet before walking away.
(2 weeks later and the week of the play)
"Miss. Fujiwara, kindly take your feet off your desk and PAY ATTENTION!" Ms. Chaplino said from the front of the room to the icy teen.
It had been two weeks since Keri joined them at Beyblade High and her attitude wasn't getting better towards anyone, especially the teachers. Her attitude towards Ms. Kelence was the worst of all of her teachers, she hated with passion and loath.
You could the tension between the two and it would need a diamond sword to cut through it without breaking. Right now the icy teen was sitting with her feet on the desk, earphones in her ears and she was reading over her script.
Over the weeks, she had gotten used to her role and was determined not to make a fool of herself in front of the student population and parents. She still hated having to wear a frilly-girly dress, but she really didn't have a choice.
This didn't mean she no longer hated the drama teacher, she still wanted to kill him, but she just stopped fighting as much about the play.
"I AM pay attention! Not stop screaming at me and do your fucking job like you're suppose to" Keri's icy replied to the teacher causing her to turn red in anger.
"Really? Then kindly repeat what I've said for the past five minutes" Ms. Chaplino said with a smirk that read 'got yah'.
"Fine. 'The Schlieffin Plan was created by General Von Schlieffin of the German military. His plan was to reach France by going through Belgium and surprise the French military. They took six weeks to go through Belgium, destroying everything in the neutral country. The plan was unsuccessful however because: a) The French knew of their plans, b) England declared war on German like they said they would if German went through Belgium and c) The Russians were faster than they thought. There go, the Schlieffin Plan failed miserably'" Keri said as she quoted the teacher almost exactly and a victorious smile played at her lips.
'Busted' Kai thought as he watched the whole thing in amusement.
Eyeing Tala, he saw the red-head was on the verge of laughing at this whole situation.
'True, the Ice Amazon was a pain in the ass but she has her good points when it comes to upsetting the teachers and giving the class a laugh' Kai thought and her smirked at his friend to let him know he thought this whole thing was funny as well.
The bell rang and everyone filed out. Keri dreading dress-rehearsal, Kai hating dress-rehearsal and Tala, for reasons be known to him, looking forward to dress-rehearsal.
Kai thought it was because his player of a friend would get to see all the 'hot' girls in tight, frilly dresses or he just wanted to laugh at the Ice Amazon in one. Whatever the reason, he thought his friend was nuts.
After School:
"NO WAY! FORGET IT! I AM NOT WALKING OUT THERE DRESSED LIKE THIS!" Keri's icy voice could be heard from the girl's dressing room out in the main theater.
"Come on Keri, you look so gorgeous!" they heard Mariah say to her.
"I look like an artificial Barbie doll trying out for Miss. United States! I AM NOT going out in front of those hormonally raged males like THIS! You'll have to shoot me and drag me out dead if you want everyone to see me in this death trap!" Keri's voice shouted out and some of the students in the play started laughing.
They HAD seen the dress by itself, but they knew the girls had pinned Keri's hair and put make up on her that was anything but the black or crimson she would comfortably wear with her black clothes.
"Kai, Tala, would you please be so kind as to fetch Miss. Fujiwara out of that room, provided all the girls are dressed" Mr. Cefeldaz said with a sigh and the guys went over to the door.
"Hey girls, are you all decent?" Kai asked as he knocked on the door.
A 'yes' came from Mariah and a 'no' came from Keri, for obvious reasons. The guys went into the room and saw Mariah, but not Keri.
"Where is she?" Tala asked and Mariah pointed to a small stall door.
"She locked herself in there when she heard you guys outside the door" Mariam said as she came around from the mirrors, having finished her make up.
"You girls might want to wait outside. Don't worry, we'll get her out" Kai said and flashed his blade at them and a devious grin on his face.
"Good luck, you'll need it" Ming-Ming said and the girls left the dressing room.
Kai looked at Tala who nodded, loading their launchers they aimed for the door hinges and let them fly.
Crash! The doors hinges came off and the door fell onto the floor. Pocketing their blades they stared into the stall only to have Keri's back face them.
"Could you cause any more destruction?" her icy voice asked sarcastically as she kept her back to them.
"Only if you don't come out. We've got a dress-rehearsal you know" Tala said and got a 'Bite me prick!' in return.
"I'm not going out there dressed in this thing and you can't make me" she said, the temperature dropping by 20 degrees.
Two arms wrapped around her waist, lifting her off the ground. "Oh, I think we can" Kai said as head rested on her shoulder and she looked at him with hate through the corner of her eyes.
"You'd be very wise to put me down" she threatened and her smirked evilly.
"Don't worry, I will" Kai said as they went out through the door and he placed her on the stage.
"HIWATARI! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" Keri yelled as she realized that it was all planned and went to go after him until she saw the smirks on the guys’ faces and the wide eyes on some of the girls that didn't see her in the dressing room.
"What are you all looking at? Stop staring at me!" she yelled, annoyed by everyone looking at her.
Her hair was styled in a bun, a tiara on her head, her dress was gold and had a blue sash tied diagonally across her. Her eyes were outlined, the lids had a pale blue on them, and her lips were a glossy pink.
"Why Keri, you look absolutely stunning" Mr. Dickenson said as he entered into the theater and Keri just glared at the man.
"So, are you all set for tomorrows performance?" he asked Mr. Cefeldaz when he reached the drama teacher.
"Of course Mr. Dickenson. All the actors know their lines, songs and dance routines. We're all set to present in front of the school tomorrow during second to forth period and then opening night" Mr. Cefeldaz said happily as he beamed at Keri and Kai.
'God I HATE this teacher' Keri and Kai thought at the same time.
"Good, good. Well, I won't keep you from your dress-rehearsal any longer. I'll see you on opening day" Mr. Dickenson said and then left the actors to their rehearsal.
(Opening night)
The play had gone fairly well during the production for the school and now their job was half over. Now they had to get through opening night, and a few problems had arisen.
"What do you mean you can't find her? Curtain call's in thirty minutes!" Mr. Cefeldaz asked as Mariah and Matilda reported that they couldn't find Keri and the teacher started to become hysterical.
"We looked all over for her. Kai even went by her house to see if she was there on his way over here, he had a feeling she might skip out but he couldn't find her anywhere within the house and her car was gone. We tried to see if her car was here but there's just too many of them to tell" Matlida explained as her drama teacher stated to run around hysterically like his ass was on fire, papers flying everywhere (kinda like what Kenny does when he goes nuts).
"AH! THIS IS A DISASTER!" Mr. Cefeldaz said and Kai, Tala, Ming-Ming, Ray and Mr. Dickenson ran over to the hysterical teacher.
"My word, what on earth is going on?" Mr. Dickenson asked as he tried to calm the drama teacher down.
"Anastasia's missing" Mariah explained to the principal as light brown eyes watched in amusement.
'They can't find me, nana nana nana nana' she brunette thought as she watched them in amusement, it was funny watching her drama teacher go absolutely hysterical.
Truth be told, she'd never gone home after final practice that night, that's why Kai couldn't find her at home. Also, since final practice was in costume, she had no need to be in the dressing room when everyone else came back. She'd been lounging in her car until ten minutes ago and had used the back entrance to get in, reasons why Mariah and Matilda couldn't find her; they were looking in the wrong places.
'Ten minutes to curtain, might as well show up out of the blue' she thought and came out of the rafters where she was watching her teacher's hysterical fit from.
"Kai, Tala and Ray go search the parking lot for her car. Mariah and Matilda, go search the dressing room again. We've got to find Keri before..."
"Cough I honestly don't need to be found unless I've got a twin running around" Keri said from the wings, interrupting Mr. Dickenson.
"KERI! Where on earth have you been?" Mr. Dickenson asked and the other waited to hear this excuse.
"Here, I never left the school after final practice. I was lounging in my car until the rush started to show up and then I was lounging in the rafters" she said and Mr. Cefeldaz and Mr. Dickenson were taken by surprise, this meant she'd never eaten dinner.
"Um Keri, when was the last time you ate something today?" Ray asked and she eyed him suspiciously. She looked at a clock on the wall, it read 7pm.
"12 hours ago. Why?" she said a bit of iciness in her tone.
"12 HOURS! OYE!" they said and fell over anime style and she just laughed at them.
"Are you going to be alright to do the play for three hours without fainting from starvation?" Kai asked, being the only one who didn't fall over.
"Why wouldn't I be?" she challenged in her normal voice see has Mr. Dickenson was still trying to pick himself up.
"Because you're already running empty. Eat this quickly" he said and stuffed a Carmilk bar in her hands as he walked to where he needed to be for the opening scene.
Keri stared at it like it was poison, but she had to eat it because her principal, drama teacher and other actors were giving her a look that said 'eat it before you faint.'
They were on the final two scenes and the rest of their play had run smoothly. Right now, Keri was in the middle of kicking Ray's butt as she played Anastasia and he played Rasputin (he's got the hair for it).
"This is for Demetri, and this is for my family, and this, this is for you" Keri said as her foot shattered the cylinder that Rasputin had traded for his soul.
Ray started crying out in pain and rolled off the stage into the wings.
Keri then went over to Kai (Demetrius) and pretended to cry like he was dead and then Kai became conscious and they went to kiss but Max (Pokka) intervened and then they went to do a scene change.
Mariah (Queen/Grandmamma) walked on stage and placed Anastasia’s crown on a cushion and picked up the letter.
"Dear Grandmamma, We'll be together in Paris again soon. Love, Anastasia" Keri's voice rang from the wings and Ming-Ming (Penelope) was crying.
"What a beautiful ending" she said and Mariah shook her head.
"No, what a beautiful beginning" Mariah said and the curtains behind them opened as they stepped aside to show Keri and Kai dancing on a boat prop.
The play was suppose to end there but the audience chanted "Kiss her, kiss her (Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap) Kiss her, kiss her"
From the corner of her eye, everyone was looking at them and the principal and drama teacher nodded the okay.
'Curse them to hell' Keri thought and then felt herself being swept off her feet.
She knew Kai was going with the movie and he placed her down, looking into her ice cold eyes that went with her ice cold heart.
Going in for the kiss, but Max stopped them and Kai placed him on what was the port bow and finally swept Keri into the kiss that Demetrius and Anastasia shared at the ended, the audience cheering as the curtain closed.
They had eight curtain calls and very loud cheers for Keri and Kai as Anastasia and Demetrius.
After the curtain closed for good, Keri whacked Kai over the head.
"Ow! What the fuck was that for?" he asked as his head started to throb.
"For not ignoring the audience you self-centered, egotistic, son of a bitch!" she yelled, her voice freezing his spine before stalking out of the school to her car, not caring that she wasn't dressed properly.
Five seconds later, she came running back in, locking the door behind her.
"Who are you running from? The C.I.A.?" Tala said as he came out of the dressing room in normal clothes.
"No, the audience" she said as she opened the door a crack and then shut it again, they were still there.
"I can't imagine why not, you and Kai were awesome especially at the end" Tala said, a twinkle in his eye.
"Shut up! I'm going to kill whoever started the chanting. That is, if I can get out of here in one piece" she said and decided to go and change since it would pass time and the audience members would hopefully be gone when she was done.
"Good luck with that!" Tala said as he waved good-night to her.
"Yeah, later Tala" she said and then disappeared into the dressing room.
'Wait, did she just talk to me like a normal person? Must be the fact that it's late and she really hasn't eaten today' Tala thought as he looked at the clock which read quarter to eleven.