Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Ice Cold ❯ Second Layer Melted ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 4: Second Layer Melted
Keri had gotten home by 1:00AM and took till 3:00AM to finish her homework and then fall asleep. She didn’t want to get up at six that morning to go to school, but she had to. She was cruising in her car on her way to the school, stereo blasting but still extremely tired.
Parking in the student lot, she turned off her car and rested her head on the steering wheel for a minute and tried not to fall asleep. Walking into the school, many congratulated her on her performance and she could hold back a small smile that slipped through. Stepping into her first period drama class with Cefeldaz, she saw it decorated for a party but ignored everything as she sat down and put her head on the desk.
“Good morning class!” Mr. Cefeldaz said as he came in through the door, still as cheerful as ever.
“Morning” most chorused back in the same way they normally did. He went to the front of the class, took attendance and then started to speak.
“As we know, our play was a huge success last night and now, as you might have noticed, we are having a cast party to celebrate our success. Now lets see, would Ray, Mariah, Max, Tala, Ming-Ming, Kai and Keri come to the front please?” Mr. Cefeldaz said and all but Keri trudged up to the front of the room.
“Um, I believe one is missing” Mr. Cefeldaz said and scanned the room and found Keri asleep at the back of the room.
“Ah, yes I see that our leading lady is still exhausted from yesterday, but that is no excuse. Mariam, please nudge Miss. Fujiwara awake” Mr. Cefeldaz said and Mariam did as she was told, shaking the girl gently.
Her eyes snapped open so quickly that Mariam jumped back in surprise. “What?” Keri said as she glared at the teacher, she was too tired to care right now about getting detention.
“Please join your classmates and fellow cast up here” Mr. Cefeldaz said, Keri groaned and dragged herself up to the front of the classroom.
“Okay Miguel bring her in” Mr. Cefeldaz yelled through the door. Miguel rolled in a big, huge, yummy cake to the front of the room.
"You woke me up for this?" Keri asked in an annoyed yet half-awake voice.
"What time did you sleep by?" Kai asked quietly as Cefeldaz rambled on.
"3AM, woke up at 6. Why?" she asked as she supressed a yawn.
"Cause for someone who only got 3 hours of sleep, you don't look half-bad" he said with a smirk and she smacked him in the back of the head.
"And now, I ask our leading characters to cut the cake" Cefeldaz told them and Keri snapped awake.
"No, I'd look like I just married the asshole next to me. Forget it" she told him, idicating to Kai as she did.
"I hate to admit it, but the ice cold Amazon there as a point" Tala said and Keri glared at him for the name reference.
"Tala, we call people by their proper names. I guess I see your point Miss. Fujiwara, you and Mr. Hiwatari can Paper-Rock-Scissor's your battle" Cefeldaz said, slightly disappointed that Keri's attitude was still as cold as ever.
Kai won, though it was through an intentional loss. keri was too tired to give a damn-at all.
After the cake was cut and everyone given a piece, music was turned on and desks were moved as the class partied. Keri, however, just laid her head down and slipped into semi-concious sleep.
"If you're this tired, maybe you should go home" Ray's cocky voice suggested about half-way through the period.
"I'm so tired that I can't be myself right now. i'm not going to be an idiot and try to drive home. Though contrary to popular belief, I would like to live to compete on the school beyblade team" she mumbled, though loud enough that Ray could still hear her.
"You know, I believe that is the first time I've ever heard you say something in an almost normal tone" Ray said and the girl chuckled slightly.
"Don't get used to it Kon, cause I won't stay like that for long" she told him, bitterness in her tone.
"Are you going to last through the rest of the day?" he asked, worry evident in his tone.
"Yes, I'll live. Sorry about your luck" she bit out just as the bell rang.
As soon as Keri reached her desk in Chemistry class, she passed out from sleep deprivation.
"Uh, does someone wanna volunteer to take her home?" Tyson asked, he was in a state of shock. He wasn't in her first period class and had no clue what was going on. Tala forced Kai's arm up and the slate hair boy glared at him.
"Thank you Kai for volunteering. Now get lost before Kelence comes in and sees her like this" Max said with a grin, but he had a point. World Wars 3-10 would happen if Kelence saw the girl like this.
"Fine. Just keep a look out, Tyson go and stall her. Tala, help me get her out the window" Kai said as he opened the first floor window and climbed through it.
Tala lifted the girl and gentley passed her over to Kai as quickly as possible.
"Granger, why are you not in the classroom?" they heard Kelence say-time was running out.
They got her through the window and Kai hurried off towards the parking lot, reaching his car just as Kelence got into the room. Tyson ran out of lies to stall her with.
Kai quickly put the sleeping girl into the passenger seat and started the car.
Back inside the room, the others were hoping Kai had made a cleanescape, for the teacher was heading to the back of the room to shut the window.
"Wait a minute. Where's Fujiwara and Hiwatari?" Kelence asked as she looked around the room.
"Keri is extremely sick Ms. Kelence and Kai had a family emergency" Matilda told her quickly as Kelence turned back to the window. She smiled evily as she shut the window, for she was pretty sure she just saw Kai's car drive away.
"Kisama Fujiwara, why did you try to convince youself you could handle school with 3 hours of sleep? You may be a strong and spirited person, but this was a stupid thing to do" Kai said to the sleeping girl as he tried to find her room after Suzy had told him where it was, before leaving to run errands.
After a while, he found her room on the thrid floor. Placing the girl on her 4-poster bed inthe green room, he tucked her in so she could sleep.
A small moan was heard and then a whispered "Thanks Kai" before only the sound of her breathing was left.
Around the young girl's heart, a second layer of ice slowly meltedaway as Kai pulled up a chair and watched the golden-brunette sleep peacefully. He knew that even though this girl was as cold as they came, she was still human and she'd need time to come around.