Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Ice Cold ❯ Party Like It's 1985 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 6: Party Like It’s 1985
“Keri, are you ready yet?” Kai asked from the hallway.
"If I say no, can I not go?" she asked from inside the room.
"Nice try, now let's go" Kai said as he opened the door to the beach dressed teen."Wow! You look... normal" he said and she hit him in the head.
"What's that suppose to mean Hiwatari?" she asked with a glare.
"It means you look almost dateable" he said with a smirk as he placed his hands on her shoulders. She shrugged him off and turned to face him.
"I don't know what world you're living in, but I suggest you come back to reality!" she shouted as Kai just looked at her, amused by her reaction.
"What's the matter Fujiwara, never been complimented before?" he asked, a sly smirk on his face.
"What the hell is your problem? Get it thorugh your head that I don't give a damn about anyone or anything! Reality is a nice place for your mind to come back to!" she yelled, slowly and unconciously backing away from him.
"If you don't care, then why are you backing away?" he asked, having fun toying with her.
"Just cause I don't care doesn't mean I'm stupid. I know what your up to and let me tell you Hiwatari, it won't..." she was cut off as Kai grabbed her and pressed his lips against hers. She tried to hit him but found herarms pinned to her sides.
'Only one thing left to do now' she thought and brought her knee up, hitting himin the groin.
"That was a low blow Fujiwara" he growled as he regained his dignity.
"You disgust me Hiwatari. The play was one thing but this... this will be the end of you" she said before stalking out of the room.
"You're still going to the party, I'll kidnap you if I have to" Kai said as he followed her down the hall.
"Don't worry, I have every intention of going. Since everyone's there, I can cause you utter humiliation" she said, turning her head so that he could see the evil smile playing at her lips.
"You'll never pull it off, everyone will be spying for me" he told her as he got into the driver's side of the car.
"Who said anything about a prank? i was taking beach volleyball" she said as she buckled her seatbealt.
And it turned out to be true. Keri was whipping Kai's ass at beach volleyball while Kai was mentally cursing himself.
"Come on Hiwatari, I know you're better than that! What's wrong? Not a man enough sport for you!" Keri shouted over the net and the crowed oohed.
"Burn!" Tala and Ray said, laughing as Kai glared at them.
"This game's not over yet Fujiwara" he told her and spiked the ball onto her turf.
"Go Kai! Run her into the sand!" Max and Tyson cheered as Kai went to serve.
"Not likely Tyson, I'm volleyball champ back home" Keri said, sliding into the sand and bumping the ball.
"You should've been ice skating champ, you bring your own ice!" Kevin said, then had the volleyball fly into his face.
"Oops! Sorry, it slipped" Keri said with a shrug and Kevin stood glaring at her.
"Points stand: 30 to Keri, 28 to Kai" Ray said, then tossed the ball to Keri to serve.
"I won't be beaten" she said and served overhand, the ball flying over the net.
"You're over confidence will be your downfall" Kai said, bumping the ball just out of her reach.
"Don't get cocky Hiwatari" she snarled and threw the ball to him as hard as she could.
In the end Keri won by a narrow margin. She had bounced it off her head over the net and Kai just missed it by a centimeter.
"Foul! That's illegal!" Chantel, leader of the whores and Kai's unwanted bitch, screamed as the match was called.
"It's not illegal Chantel. As long as she hit the ball with the upper half of her body an her head is at the top!" Kai and Tala both yelled at her and she shrunk away fuming.
"Winner and volleyball champion of the beach party, Keri!" Ray announced to the spectators who, dispite the fact they thought Keri was worse than Kai, cheered for her victory over him.
(Later)
"Hey, can I talk to you?" Tala asked her as she left the court.
"Aren't you already doing so?" she retorted, drinking down her water bottle.
"You should know that you're always welcome to join us at anytime. I know the feeling of nothingness is hard to deal with and let go, it takes a while but it is possible to put it behind you" he said and her eyes narrowed with an intense fire.
"Hiwatari's a dead man" Keri said, crushing the bottle so hard that her fingers turned white.
"Kai? He knows? he didn't say anything to me about knowing. I found out by pure chance when you were still able to come to school after 3 hours of sleep, I saw your eye colour was completely red and that only happens when a cyborgs program doesn't have enough energy to run properly. Try not to kill Kai, he's captain of the Championship team" Tala told her, her eyes showing that she was out for blood.
"I won't kill him, just maule him a little" she said, throwing the bottle into the garbage with an extreme force.
"It's the same thing!" he called after her as she ran down the beach to the booze tent.
(Inside ze tent)
"I can't believe you let her win! I demand a rematch!" Chantel yelled to Kai who was just ignoring her.
"Hey Kai! I didn't know Keri was psychic, I think she read Chantel's mind" Ray told the crimson eyed teen who looked up to see the goldnette stirring up sand behind her.
"Good, maybe she'll get the lesson she deserves" Chantel said in her bitch-like way, but as usual, the ugly whore of the west was wrong.
Keri stormed into the tent and dragged Kai out by his ankles and threw him into the slightly chilled ocean.
"Holy fucking shit!" kai yelled as he resurfaced, sputtering the water and shaking it out of his hair.
"What the hell was that for?" he asked, marching up to her on the dry sand.
Her eyes gave him a look that said 'you know what' and the look on Tala's face made him realize what was going on.
He bent close to her ear and spoke in a low whisper so she could only hear what he was about to say. "I don't know how Ivonov found out, but it wasn't from me" he told her and did something to suprise her yet again. He picked her up and threw her into the water so that she was also soaking wet.
"Son of a bitch that's cold!" she yelled as she resurfaced, glaring at the whores laughing at her.
She looked over and saw Ray, Tyson, Chaya and Mina behind them, grinning evily.
'Screech!' 'Sploosh!' The entire beach was laughing as chantel and her lackies as they resurfaced, cold, shivering and looking like pugs. Even Keri couldn't help but burst out laughing, which suprised everyone, including herself.
"Someone pinch me, she's laughing" Chaya said and Mina did as the blonde asked.
"Ow! Mina, I didn't mean it literally!" the blonde shouted at her friend.
"By george, I believe we've done it!" Johnny said, drapping his arm over Keri's shoulder.
"Who are you again?" she asked the flame haired boy.
"Johnny McGreggor, and you? Just for the sake of hearing you say it" he said and she rolled her eyes, shrugging him off.
"Keri-you-have-no-chance-with-me" she said and those who heard laughed at yet another 'Johnny-rejected' episode.
"Okay Keri-you-have-no-chance-with-me, are you ready to PARTY!" Johnny said and loud pounding music filled the beach as Kevin and Cheif high-fived each other for getting the speakers up and running.
"Let's go, we're plotting Kelence's demise then Papii's" Chaya said as she handed the wet Keri her towel.
"That's easy to do, just as long as you stay five steps ahead of them" she told them, tying the towel around her waist.
The afternoon and early evening was spent playing games and devising ways to prank their teachers. Even though Keri had lightened up a little more than expected she kept her distance at certain intervals.
As the sun slowly sets, we see Keri sitting on the beach with her knees to her chest watching the sun set over the tide that was licking at her feet.
"Having fun?" a calm voice asked her and she looked over to see Ray sit down beside her.
"I guess. It feelsstrange opening up to others that don't seem to care about a person's past. It's like they know that there's good deep down" she said as the sun faded into a reddish glow and fires were lit down the beach.
"There's good in all people somewhere" he told her, shouts coming from the booze tent being heard.
"Sounds like Kai and Tala are becoming druken sailors. Wanna go watch?" he asked and she gave a small smile as she followed him back to the tent.
"You're going down Hiwatari" tala said as Chantel placed shot glasses in front of them.
"In your dreams Ivonov" he replied with a smirk, he never lost.
"What kind of vodka?" Keri asked Mina as the two gulped it down and two more were placed in front.
"Hard core Russian-90 alcohol. Why?" the bluenette asked her new friend, who had a slysmirk on her face. It was a challenge she refused to pass up and refused to lose too.
"I challenge the winner of this little match" she said, suprising everyone. None of the girls had ever challenged the guys at vodka drinking-this would be interesting.