Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Ice Cold ❯ Two Fever Filled Days and Nights ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 8: Two Fever Filled Days and Nights
The next morning, Keri awoke with a fever but didn't want to stay in bed dispit the fact that she was suspended and that Kai was glaring her down.
"I'm fine" Keri continuously insisted to them, as stubbern as always.
"You're not 'fine', you've got a fever of 105 degrees celsius. Go back to bed" Kai ordered of her as she poured herself some coffee.
"I'm not a piece of glass, I won't break. Besides, it'll go away in a bit" Keri told him, sitting down across from him, engaging in a glare was.
"Well, I guess it's going to be a boring day, considering you're stuck here by yourself" Mina said as she walked in for breakfast, but didn't get a response.
"If you two are just going to stare at each other, why not go out?" Mna asked as she looked at the two.
"Bite your tounge" Keri said but didn't break eye contact with Kai.
"Go ahead without me Mina, I'm going to be a little late" he told his sister who shrugged and left.
"Go back to bed"
"An if I don't?" she questioned, raising a challenge.
"Then I guess, I'll have to force your hand" he told her, getting up and coming up from behind her.
"My hands are on my coffee cup, kinda hard to do THAT!" she cried as Kai picked her up with ease.
"I don't see how hard that was" he said. smirking at the girl in his arms.
"Great. Now I feel dizzy" she muttered as Kai treked upstairs to her 'newly appointed' room and placed her under the covers.
"Before I leave, I've got something for you" he told her, pressing the buzzard next to her bed.
"You called for me master Hiwatari" a familiar feminine voice said as Suzy walked into the room.
Suzy! What are you doing here?" Keri asked, wondering why she wasn't at home.
"I had a disagreement with your parents and then master Hiwatari offered me a job here where you are" Suzy explained to the teen who sent a questioning look at...Kai? Instead of Kai, there was a pikachu plushie grinning before everything vanished.
"Hello? Is anyone here? Kai? Mina?" she called into the darkness, but mo reply came.
"I know I'm not the best person, but come on" she saidbefore a blinding flash filled her mind and her eyes fluttered open.
"The patient is awake doctor" an unfamiliarvoice said as shelooked around the room.
"Vitals are good and the fever has broken. She may leave in a few hours Hiwatari-sama" another voice said as she took in her surroundings.
"Hey, how you feeling?" the most familiar voice asked her and she groaned, he'd always be around.
"A bit disoriented. What happened?" she asked, finallyregistering she was in a hospital.
"Your fever reached 120 degrees celsius, I couldn't bring it down. The others are here too, Mina told them you were here even though I told her not to" Kai told her and she nodded in understanding.
Mina and Chaya were both stubbern when it came to being told not to do things.
"I can see that, stubberness runs in the family" she said and he gave her a playful glare.
"I'm only stubbern when it comes to things I love" Kai told her and her eyes widened at him.
"What the fuck are you on?" she asked and he grinned devilishly.
"You, actually" he whispered into her ear and backed away quickly.
"Why the hell do you want me? You can have anyone" Keri told him, semi-hysterical and annoyed with him.
"Because, you're the only one who's hard to get and it drives me crazy. Not being able to have youso easily makes me want to try everything to be with you" he explained just before Chaya and Mina came crashing into the room.
"KERI!" they said, choking her to death as they hugged her.
"Air...I need air" she choked out and they let go of her grinning wildly as the others burst through the door.
Tyson was arguing with Hillary, Max was obviously sugar high and Ray was just Ray, enough said there.
"You're all a bunch of nut jobs" she told them as she shook her head at them.
"We know, but that's why you love us" Chaya said and she sighed, a long day was ahead.
"What day is it?" Keri asked them, wanting to know how long she'd been out.
"Today's Friday, you've been sick sinceMonday night" Ray answered her, he'd been given the 411 from Kai at school.
"Fuck, does the school know? I don't need another suspension for bullshit like this" she told them and they started laughing, the school's V.P. was an ass.
"Yeah, they know. They even came down here to make sure it was legit, they didn't believe us" Hillary said and then went back to her pointless argument with Tyson.
"Damn fucking school board policies. Wait, why wouldn't they believe any of you?" she asked, they hardly got into trouble.
"Um...you see, our records aren't as spotless as you'd like to believe" Ray told her and her eyes shot wide open.
"What's you do?" she continued, Max now seemingly off his sugar high.
"Well, you know how part of the shool is new while the other part is old?" Kai asked and Keri nodded her head for him to continue. "We kinda blew up the old part in a beybattle" he finished and she started laughing, leavingthe others confused.
"That's nothing, I blew up an entire block in one of mine" she told them after settling down a bit.
Today had brought about a change in her, one that could bring a bright future...if the world was perfect, which we all know it isn't.