Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Ice Cold ❯ A Wandering Spirit ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 10: A Wandering Spirit
"Kai? Is she telling the truth?" Mina asked slowly, turning to her brother.
"Doesn't matter. What's done is done" Kai told them, leaving the room.
'I've got to find her before she does something stupid. I need to make things right' Kai thought as he slipped on a coat and took Keri's forgotten one with him as he stepped out into the cold.
(Christmas Eve)
"Anything?" Mina asked as her brother came in from another day of searching for the missing teen.
"Nothing. Not even a theift of a sweater or jacket or any cases of pnemonia or hypothermia" Kai said with a sigh and poured himself some coffee as he sat down. 'Keri, where can you be in this cold?'
'It amazes even me how I'm alude you Kai, what amazes me even more is the fact that I still like you even after you pulled all this bullshit on me. Why though?'
When I think about the first time, the first timeI thought I found someone who cared for meBut things where not as they appeared to beRainy day man, on your shoulder I criedWhen my parents kicked me out and left me to dieRainy day, rainy day manEver since I can remember, rememberJust like a lover you've been strong and trueAlways been the one to see me throughRainy day, you're much more than a friendI would give anything just to see you againRainy day, rainy day, rainy day manAlways been the one to see me throughRainy day man on your shoulder I criedWhen my parents kicked me out and left me to dieRainy day man, you're much more than a friendI would give anything just to see you againRainy day, rainy day, rainy day, rainy day man
(Christmas Day)
"Here Mina, this one's for you. I hope you like it" Mariah said, handing the slate haired girl a wrapped package.
Everyone was over at the Hiwatari place exchanging gift, partying and having a turkey dinner later since everyones parents or guardians had taken a Christmas cruise until the second week of January. Around 4pm, after everyone had been account for, the door bell rang.
"That's odd, I thought you said everyone was here Kai" Chi, Tyson's cousin who's full name was actually Chiana, said confused.
Kai didn't answer her, he just hurried to the door.
"Actually, there is one person that's..."Holy sweet Jesus!"...apparently here" Mina said, dispite her brother's interruption.
(Outside, Kai's POV)
I shut the door after my outburst and looked at the person in front of me who wore only a pair of jeans and a turtleneck sweater. "I thought thet you'd never come back" I told her, relief flooding through me as well as guilt.
"I almost didn't. Thing is, I had to find myself before I could face facts and the truth of reality. I'm sorry for not hearing you out" she said to me, but I dismissed it and led her inside to the others, all that mattered was that I had her back with me.
(Normal POV)
"Kai! What were you...holy fucking shit!" Chaya exclaimed as she looked up from playing Yatzee and saw who was beside him.
"Chays, you're lucky dad isn't here to...good god, no way!" Maxi said as he, Tyson and Johnny came back inot the Rec. room.
"You're in a hell of a lot of trouble Keri-you-have-no-chance-with-me. Where've you been for the past week and a half?" Johnny asked, staring her down quite lazily.
"Searching the caverns of my soul asshole" she answered both truthfully and playfully.
"I don't care where she's been, she's back now. Now open your presents before I brain you" Mina said, pulling the goldnette to the Christmas tree.
After a semi-tearful reunion and gift opening, the gang settled into a nice Christmas dinner, which Tyson basically ate by himself.
(Later)
"What movie do we watch? There's so many to choose from" Ray asked as they entered the media room.
"The Grinch! Merry Christmas Charlie Brown! Garfeild Christmas! AVery Digi Christmas!" Chaya, Keri and Mina cried happily, death glaring those who dared to oppose them.
(Two hours later,10pm)
After watching the girl's chosen movies, they settled in to watch 'It's a Wonderful Life.'
"Since when are angel's light specks?" Chaya asked as she sat between Maxi and Mariah, who was next to Ray, who was next to Tala, Tala next to Chi, Chi next to Tyson, Tyson next to Johnny, Johnny next to Mina, Mina next to Keri and Keri next to Kai.
"Get a brain and figure it out Chays" Maxi said and slapped her brother.
Half-way through the movie at midnight, nearly everyone had nodded off.
"It's Boxing Day already?" Keri muttered, half-asleep on Kai.
"That's kinda the way it works" Kai said, absently stroking her hair.
"Don't be a smart-ass Kai"
"Wouldn't dream of it" he told her with a smirk.
"Keri?" Kai asked the half-sleeping girl.
"Umm" she replied sleepily.
"I'm sorry for what I did, I truly do love you" he whispered to her.
"I'm sorry for not believing you. I...I love you too" she murmered, his fingers that were weaving through her hair made her tired.
"Hey Kai, Keri! Mistletoe!" Mariah said from behind them, holding the white berry leaves above their head.
Keri quirked an eyebrow but only for a second as her eyes met Kai's, his hand tilting her head. Their lips met willingly for the first time in a soft kiss.
"Merry Christmas Keri and Kai" Mina said quietly from beside them, smiling.