Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Little Kitten ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 9

Kitty got up early, knowing that Kai did. She left a note for Mariah, grabbed her blade and left.

She found Kai, training. She walked up to him, and wrapped her arms around his neck and put her head against his back, causing him to lose his concentration and miss knocking the last can.

"Hey!" Kai exclaimed. Kitty giggled.

"Hey yourself! A good blader should be able to battle in any condition and still be able to concentrate. I thought you knew that!" Kitty giggled.

Kai was unable to restrain a smile.

"I guess it's only you," he said. He turned around and faced her. He leaned down and was about to kiss her -

"Kai, Kitty! There you are!" Tyson yelled. Ray, Tyson, Max, Kenny, Lee, Gary, Mariah and Kevin stopped where they were. Everyone except Mariah was shocked at the scene before them:

Kai was holding Kitty in his arms, and they had been about to kiss.

Kitty blushed.

"What's going on?!" Tyson yelled, ignorant as usual. The rest (minus Mariah) blushed.

"A-a-are we interrupting something Kai, Kitty?" Ray asked, blushing red at the sight.

Kitty blushed even more and ducked her head.

Kai took the moment to try to regain his composure, however, he kept Kitty in his arms. "Nothing that YOU should be doing with MARIAH," Kai told Ray. The two immediately blushed.

"What's going on? Why are you holding Kitty, Kai?" Tyson asked, still clueless.

"Kai, maybe you should tell Tyson. I don't think it's fair that everyone else knows what's going on and he doesn't," Kitty whispered to Kai.

"It's not my fault Tyson is slow."

"Kai!"

"Fine," Kai turned his attention to Tyson and sighed, "I really don't see why you're so slow. Kitty and I are in love."

Tyson understood what Kai just said. He stood there, stiff with shock and nearly fainted.

Kai sighed once more, "Now that we have that in the open," he muttered.

"So, what is it that you want?" Kitty asked.

"We're going to the Beyblade park to battle," Max explained, "We wanted to know if you'd like to come."

Kitty shook her head.

"No, I think I'll pass for today. Maybe Kai will go."

Kai shook his head no.

"Well that settles it! Let's go!" Tyson shouted, finally over his shock. The two groups left, leaving Kai and Kitty by themselves.

"Are you going to stay here and train?" Kai shook his head no.

"Why?"

"Well, I find myself one shirt short since my other one ripped that night, so I need to get another shirt," she said. Kai felt himself become angry.

"I'll come with you, I don't want you to get hurt."

Kitty smiled, "You're so sweet, when you want to be."

A couple of minutes found the couple shopping together in the street shops.

"Wow! Look at that pretty dress!" she looked at the price tag. "Oh, well, I wouldn't be able to wear it for any occasion anyway."

They walked down couple of stores and found a store selling young women's clothes. It seemed all right, so they entered.

As soon as they entered, Kai was attacked by a group of females, and was thus separated from Kitty. Kitty watched as they started making a fuss over him and giggled, cocking her head to the side.

"Oh my God! It's Kai from the Blade Breakers! Will you sign my shirt?"

"You're so cute! Are you single?"

"Aren't you like super rich? Will you go out with me?"

Another girl came up and shoved the three girls who were drooling over Kai.

She was dressed in a slightly revealing outfit.

"Ignore these foolish girls. Why don't you and I have go to a café, hmm? We can get to know each other… better," the female said, running a finger down Kai's chest and smiling seductively.

Kitty giggled, knowing Kai was feeling uncomfortable. The woman heard the giggle and turned around, slightly mad.

"And who are you? And why are you laughing?" she said, narrowing her eyes. Kitty walked up to Kai and snuggled against him, earning a small smile from Kai. She giggled.

"Kai doesn't like it when other people touch him. Especially when it comes to females," Kitty remarked, "and he usually isn't very nice when they touch him." She giggled.

"And how would you know, little girl? I don't believe you're telling the truth, you slut," the woman said, angered. Anger flashed through Kai's eyes, but Kitty just giggled.

Kitty could sense that her boyfriend was mad.

She turned to face him and said: "Kai, don't hurt her, she doesn't know."

This just angered the woman even more. By now the other three females who had approached Kai was slowly walking away. Even they could sense that Kai was mad, although most of the time he didn't show it.

"Kitty is not a slut," he said.

"Yeah, well look at her, she's draped all across you," the woman sneered. Kitty blinked.

"You really shouldn't say things when you don't know the whole story, otherwise you get embarrassed easily," Kitty said innocently.

"Yeah, what would you know?" the other woman snapped. Obviously she wasn't too intelligent.

Kai smirked, normally other girls would be angered and/or jealous by now, but Kitty was still happy and kind, trying to help the other girl, even thought the other girl was wrong.

"I'd listen to her if I were you," Kai finally said, "And I'd also be thankful that Kitty's here. I don't like it when the people I love are insulted."

The crowd that had gathered gasped, and the girl paled.

"What?! Girlfriend? How is that possible?! You're like the coldest man on Earth! How could you possibly have a girlfriend? And who is that brat anyway?! She's just probably after your money!" the girl exclaimed, trying to cover up all the things she said.

"Hey! Kai isn't always cold! He can be super sweet at times!" Kitty defended her love.

"Shut up, bitch!" the girl snapped.

Kai cracked his knuckles, his hands rolled up into fists. "Don't call my girlfriend a bitch. I don't want to see you ever again. Kitty is way better than you'll ever be. Be thankful she's kind and merciful, otherwise you wouldn't be getting away that easily," Kai said coldly, he radiated with anger and hatred. Even the idiotic girl could sense it now and she hurriedly left the store, mustering as much grace as possible.

Kitty giggled, leaving Kai puzzled. Normal girls would be spouting smoke out their ears, but here Kitty was giggling. But Kai realized, Kitty was no ordinary girl.

"I warned her, but she wouldn't listen. Thank you Kai for not hurting her," she said, blinking. She cocked her head to the side and smiled.

"Ok! I need to find that shirt!" she said, throwing a fist in the air, and putting on a determined face on.

Kai smiled and laughed, Kitty was just too adorable.

The crowd who was near him gasped again. Things were getting weird, first they find out Kai had a girlfriend, then they see him smile, and then they hear him laugh. And it wasn't a cold, mean, threatening laugh, it was actually one of happiness.

Kitty turned towards him and smiled. "I love it when you smile and laugh, I hope you do it more often," she told him.

"Come on, Little Kitten, let's go find you a shirt. Then we can go get some ice cream, ok?" Kitty nodded rapidly, her eyes glowing with happiness.

Kitty stood on tiptoes and kissed him briefly. A couple of people in the crowds fainted.

Kitty and Kai sat in an ice cream parlor, eating their ice cream cones. Beside Kitty's feet were a couple of shopping bags. It turned out that Kitty ended up buying more than one shirt, though Kai paid for most of them. Kitty had refused the offer, but Kai insisted.

Kitty sighed happily. "I'm so happy, I hope you'll never ever leave me," Kitty said childishly.

"I'm happy that you're happy and I promise I'll always be there by your side," he promised.

"Good. Let's go back, I'm sure you don't want to carry those bags the whole day," Kitty said giggling. Kai nodded his agreement.

~*~*~*~ Later at lunch ~*~*~*~

Lunch was Hell. The two groups wouldn't stop teasing Kai and Kitty, to Kai's annoyance, Kitty just kept blushing.

"Who would've thought that Kai would ever fall in love," Max said. Kai growled. Finally after hours of torment, Mariah decided to defend the two lovebirds.

"Leave them alone, guys. What if you were in their sitch?" she said.

They agreed.

The two groups returned to the hotel. They decided to go swimming.

"How about we play Chicken?" Kitty suggested.

They agreed, and Kitty spent the next few minutes explaining the game and dividing the teams. The teams were thus:

Kai + Kitty, Lee + Mariah, Gary + Kevin, Kenny + Max, and Ray + Tyson.

"Can Kai and I go first, huh, huh, huh?" Kitty asked excitedly. Every one agreed. They decided to let her go against Mariah and Lee.

Kitty and Mariah climbed onto their partners' shoulders. Kai was surprised, as he lifted Kitty onto his shoulders. Considering the fact that Kitty ate almost as much food as Tyson did, he was surprised that she was extremely light.

Kitty giggled childishly, in anticipation.

"Ok! Ready? Set? Go!" Max shouted.

"Mariah? Why do you have to be so heavy? You should eat less!" Lee complained.

"Me! Heavy! You're just weak!" Mariah argued.

Kitty giggled and said: "If you want to win, you have to work together." Kitty gently pushed Mariah, and she fell in to the water. "Oops, too late." Kitty giggled.

The next team was Gary and Kevin vs. Max and Kenny. Gary and Kevin won. Since there was no other pair to go against Ray and Tyson, Kitty volunteered, without Kai's opinion.

"I hope you don't mind Kai. I hope I'm not too heavy," Kitty apologized to Kai.

"You're not heavy at all, and I'm surprised, with all the amount of food you eat," Kai responded.

"Goody!"

The two teams played each other, but it didn't last too long, because as soon as Tyson climbed onto Ray's shoulder, Ray started to wobble.

"How much do you weigh, Tyson?" he asked. Kitty didn't even had a chance to push Tyson, because him and Ray toppled over. Kitty blinked and then smiled.

"I guess that make us the victor by default!" she said.

Kitty and Kai played the other the team, and because of the way they worked so well together, they won, by a hair.

After that they played tag, and when they tired out, they decided to go to dinner.

After dinner, it was getting dark.

"You know, we still haven't gone out to the Eiffel Tower," Kai whispered to Kitty.

"Yea, can we go now? It be more beautiful," Kitty asked.

Kai nodded, "If it makes you happy."

"Kitty and I are going to the Eiffel Tower," Kai said simply.

"We'll go too!" Tyson said.

Mariah and Ray shook their heads, "Maybe another time Tyson, I think these two would like to be alone."

"Aw."

Before the two separated, Kitty went up to Ray and whispered: "Do not forget," into his ear and ran off to join him.

"What did you tell him?" Kai asked, when Kitty returned to him. Kitty grinned and cocked her head to the side.

"I reminded him to tell Mariah how he felt," she said simply.

Kai smiled.

Together they walked to the Eiffel Tower, hand in hand, in silence.

~*~*~*~ With Ray and Mariah, Ray's POV for now ~*~*~*~

Kitty's words kept ringing in my head on the way back to the hotel. I knew I should tell Mariah how I felt about her otherwise I might lose my chance forever. I decided that I'd tell her tonight.

"Hey, Mariah, could you stay out here for a moment? I need to tell you something," I said, as soon as we got back to the hotel. She nodded and we walked through the park.

~*~*~*~ Mariah's POV ~*~*~*~

My heart pounded when he asked me to stay out for a while. This could be it; it could be my moment to tell Ray that I loved him, ever since we were little. I just hope that he felt the same way about me…

~*~*~*~ End of Mariah's POV ~*~*~*~

The two walked awhile in silence.

"Mariah, I - I love you."

Mariah stood there, her heart pounded so hard, that she thought people several miles away could hear it.

"Ray! I'm so happy! I love you too, ever since we were little, I - I just never had the courage to tell you. And when you left…" Mariah blurted.

Ray hugged her and then kissed her. (A/N: Similar to Kitty and Kai, eh? ^_^)

~*~*~*~ Kai and Kitty ~*~*~*~

Kai and Kitty were nearly to the Eiffel Tower. They were in a trail through the trees surrounding the tower (A/N: I've never been to Paris, France before, so bear with me).

All of suddenly something shot out of the bushes, heading towards Kitty. Kai knocked Kitty to the ground.

He looked to see what it was, a Beyblade. And it looked familiar. It looked almost like…

~*~*~*~

Evil me, evil me, bad girl, bad, bad girl, living a cliffhanger like this! Well anyway, that's a new chapter for ya!

I'd like to thank all the following reviewers:

Signed reviewers: Cyberlink42, RayeBBG, Cole4eva, ElfPrincessKitty, xxfaithxx, starbugkenny, Mariah and Kai gurlie fan

None signed reviewers: Kelly (Butter 1/2 of Bread 'N' Butter), Kaiswings.

Thank y'all! Much appreciated! Keep on reviewing! ^_^ -Rosefire18