Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Little Kitten ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 10

~*~*~*~ What happened before…. ~*~*~*~

The two walked awhile in silence.

"Mariah, I - I love you."

Mariah stood there, her heart pounded so hard, that she thought people several miles away could hear it.

"Ray! I'm so happy! I love you too, ever since we were little, I - I just never had the courage to tell you. And when you left…" Mariah blurted.

Ray hugged her and then kissed her. (A/N: Similar to Kitty and Kai, eh? ^_^)

~*~*~*~ Kai and Kitty ~*~*~*~

Kai and Kitty were nearly to the Eiffel Tower. They were in a trail through the trees surrounding the tower (A/N: I've never been to Paris, France before, so bear with me).

All of suddenly something shot out of the bushes, heading towards Kitty. Kai knocked Kitty to the ground.

He looked to see what it was, a Beyblade. And it looked familiar. It looked almost like…

~*~*~*~ Now… ~*~*~*~

"Brian! I know you're out there!" Kai shouted into the night skies.

A boy Kitty didn't recognized stepped out from behind the trees, where he had been hiding.

"Well, well, well, it looks like Mr. Cold-Hearted Kai has gotten himself a girlfriend," Brian said.

Despite the situation they were in, Kitty blushed.

"What are you doing Brian? I thought the Blade Breakers defeated you," Kai said coldly.

Brian seethed. "You and you're pathetic team are the reason I'm here. You betrayed Voltaire. You could've ruled the world. I could've ruled the world. But no, you had to go away. Well, I'll show you the mistake you made. This is just a warning. I'll meet you at the tournament Kai and this time I won't fail," Brian said. Brian attacked Kai with his Bit beast, Falborg, using the same technique he did with Ray the past year.

"No Kai!" Kitty screamed and set Angel spinning. "Cherry Blossom Shield!" she shouted and Angel stood herself in front of Kai, making a soft, pink shield, protecting Kai from the attacks, but in return Angel was hurt, thus Kitty was hurt.

"Kitty!" Kai quickly whipped out his blade to attack Brian, but Brian was nowhere to be seen.

"I'll get you back for this," Kai vowed. He picked up Kitty's blade and hurried to the fallen girl, who had passed out from the pain. He picked up Kitty bridal style and somehow managed to carry her to the hotel.

"Kai! What happened to Kitty?" Tyson and the others asked worriedly, when they saw Kitty.

"Brian."

"But I thought we defeated him, why would he be here now?" Ray asked.

"Revenge."

The others understood and let Kai alone with Kitty. They called the doctor who came and went, saying that Kitty was ok, but just a bit battered up. He left her bandaged up and Kai got Mariah to change Kitty into her pajamas.

After this, they left Kai alone with Kitty.

Kai sat on Kitty's bed and held her in his arms. He waited there, until he finally fell asleep, but he never moved from the spot.

Kitty woke up, wincing with pain. The previous night's events flashed by through her head. Her first thoughts were whether Kai was all right or not. She tried to get up, but realized that someone was holding her down. She turned her head and saw that it was Kai, sleeping. She smiled. He was so cute when he was asleep! She brushed back his bangs hanging in his eyes.

Kai stirred and he opened his eyes.

"I'm happy that you're ok, Kai," Kitty said.

"Are you ok?" Kai asked.

"I'm fine enough, just a couple of scratches," she answered. She glanced at herself and noticed she was in her pajamas. Kai noticed this and blushed SLIGHTLY.

"I got Mariah to change you," he told her. She smiled.

"Are you going to let go of me, Kai?" she asked.

"Not unless you want me to."

"Hmm," Kitty snuggled deeper into his chest. "I like it here."

Kai smiled.

They stayed like that until Kitty's stomach rumbled. Kai laughed.

"I love it when you laugh," Kitty told him.

"Let's get you something to eat, hmm?" Kitty nodded.

"Stay in bed, I'll bring it to you," Kai told her.

Kitty smiled. "See, you can be sweet when you want to be. People just have to look under that cold layer of yours!" Kitty said. Kai smiled. Kai was smiling more often now, Kitty tended to have that kind of effect on him.

Kai soon returned with waffles, omelets, bacon, toast and two glasses of orange juice. He set it down on the nightstand and the two started eating their breakfast. Halfway through their breakfast, the two were interrupted when the rest of the Blade Breaker team.

"How are you Kitty?" they asked.

Kitty smiled, "I'm fine, thank you."

Ray went up to Kitty and whispered something into her ear.

Kitty shrieked in delight. "You did! Yay! Go Ray! Finally!" she grinned, delighted. "Mariah and Ray sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage," Kitty chanted childishly, causing Ray to blush and the rest to laugh.

Kitty finally stopped. "Oh, I'm sorry Ray, I couldn't help it," she grinned sheepishly.

"It's ok, it would have been out in the open sooner or later," he said.

Kitty hugged Ray, "Oh, I'm so happy for you Ray! I hope you two have a happy and good relationship," she said.

"Thanks."

"I'm hungry," Tyson whined.

"I'll go order some room service!" Max offered, the rest of them nodded. Room service soon arrived, along with the White Tigers. They all came into Kitty's room.

"Are you ok, Kitty? Those cuts were nasty, yesterday," Mariah asked.

Kitty nodded. "Thanks. Congrats on you and Ray!" she said. Mariah blushed.

Kitty giggled, back to her old self, as if nothing had happened.

They had a pleasant breakfast together.

A few hours later, a knock was heard on the hotel suite door. Max got up to get the door. A few minutes later, Mr. Dickinson appeared in the doorway of Kitty's room.

"Ah, I see you are better, Kitty. That's good, that's good. The people who are holding the tournament, are having a party tonight, so all they bladers can get to know each other. I want you all to go, but I'll let Kai decide," Mr. Dickinson told them.

"Oh! Fun!" Kitty exclaimed, clapping childishly. "What time is it at?"

"Around five to eleven. You can have dinner there. It's at the Black Night Club, " Mr. Dickinson said and left.

Kai didn't really like parties, but everyone else wanted to go, and they knew that Kai didn't like parties. Of course the White Tigers could go, if they wanted to, but the Blade Breakers had to let Kai decide.

"Kai, can we go? Please?" Kitty gave him big, adorable puppy eyes - one that he couldn't resist. He smiled.

"If you want to go," he told her.

"Yes!" she shouted.

The Blade Breakers spent the rest of the day training. The White Tigers had decided to go off somewhere, but said that they'd meet them at the party.

Kai was at first worried that Kitty was ready to battle and train.

"Kitty, I don't think you should."

"But Kai! If I train more, I'll be able to get stronger and then something like this won't faze me! Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"No."

"Pretty please, with a cherry on the top?"

"No."

"Kai! You were to say yes right there!"

"No!"

Kitty stuck her tongue out at him. "Pretty please with a cherry and sprinkles on top?"

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Fine! I won't talk to you then!" Kitty threatened.

"Kitty!"

No answer.

"Come on Kitty, it's all for your best interest!"

No answer.

"Speak to me Kitty."

Kitty shook her head.

"Fine, you can."

Kitty squealed and kissed him.

"Thank you Kai!" Kai sighed. He let her off too easily.

Five o'clock came, and the Blade Breakers found themselves at the party. They entered the building.

It was like any normal club. It was large and had a stage on one side. Against the walls were tables and couches. It wasn't too dark, but wasn't brightly lit either. A couple of doors were on one wall. It was nicely decorated. (A/N: Use your own imagination! You imagine what the place looks like!)

There were a lot of people, but it was still nice and roomy. Some were chatting, others were sitting down, or some were eating.

A group of four girls all dressed similarly rushed up to Kai, separating Kitty and the team from him. (A/N: Sound familiar, eh? ^_^)

"You're the Kai who's captain of the Blade Breakers. You guys won last year's world championships last year, eh?" the first girl said, dressed in blue.

"No duh, Lisa! Everyone knows that!" the second girl said, dressed in green.

"Anyway, we were hoping that one of us will battle you, and that you'll go out with one of us," said the third girl, dressed in red.

"Yeah! Come on! By the way, I'm Sandy," the fourth girl said, dressed in yellow, she pointed to the one dressed in red, then green, then blue, "and she's Laurie, Mary and Lisa."

Kai blinked. He was confused and annoyed. Now that he had a girlfriend, why did every girl started to come up to him? They never did before. He didn't like this.

Kitty started giggling, and giggling and giggling. The four girls and Kai looked at her.

"I'm sorry, I just can't help it!" she giggled, she tried to stop. Kai looked at her, and Kitty could tell that he wanted her to help him get out of this!

"I'm Kitty by the way!" Kitty introduced herself.

The girls turned half their attentions away from Kai.

"I'm Lisa."

"I'm Mary."

"I'm Laurie."

"And I'm Sandy, captain of the team Blizzard and we're going to beat your team, whatever it is. By the way, where's your team, and who's your captain. Is it a he? And if so, is he hot?" Sandy concluded. Kai sweat dropped.

Kitty giggled.

"Yep, my captain is a male. And yep, he's Hot, with a capital H!" Kitty said, giggling.

The girls looked side-to-side, ignoring Kai.

"Where is he?" they asked.

"Is he single?" Lisa asked.

Kai finally spoke. "I'm afraid not," he smirked.

The girls turned around to look at Kai, then back at Kitty.

"You're on KAI'S team?" they asked incredulously. Kitty nodded.

"I didn't know they got a new member," Sandy said.

"Hold on… If Kitty's on his team, and Kai said that he wasn't single… then that means he's not single!" Laurie came to a conclusion. The girls looked depressed.

"Cheer up, there are a lot of fish in the sea!" Kitty said. The girls brightened up a bit.

"I didn't think it was possible for Kai to have a girlfriend," Lisa said.

"By the way, who is it?" Mary asked, curiously to Kai.

Kitty blushed. Kai smirked again. "Why don't you ask Kitty?" he said. Kitty's face turned redder.

"Who's the lucky girl?" the girls asked excitedly.

"Me," Kitty whispered. The girls almost didn't catch that, but they did.

"YOU?!" Kitty nodded and grinned sheepishly.

The four girls crowded around the girl, asking her questions.

Kitty, being such a good girl, answered them all, with a grin on a face.

Later, the Blade Breakers went to eat, there they met up with the White Tigers. When dinner was finished, a band appeared on the stage and they started playing. Groups of people started dancing. Soon a slow song came up, and Kitty sat there at the table, watching the people who coupled up, dancing. She smiled at them, thinking that there were so many people who now wanted to become much more than friends.

She saw Lee get up and ask Mary to dance. She giggled. She saw Ray and Mariah dancing, with blushes on their faces. She giggled even more. They were so adorable together!

Kitty wanted to dance, but she knew Kai probably didn't want to, so she didn't force him to do. Besides, she was happy watching her friends getting paired up and dancing.

~*~*~*~ Kai's POV ~*~*~*~

I watched Kitty; she was beautiful. No, she was a goddess. It wasn't just they way the light shone on her face, to make her half enshrouded in darkness, and the way the lights shone on her soft, sweet lips.

I was feeling like I never did before. But I have to admit: I loved this feeling. It made me feel whole, and complete. I heard her giggle. The way she laughed and giggle was so soothing, so childish, so innocent and I loved it. I loved all of her. I turned to follow her gaze and saw she was glancing at the rest of the team and the White Tigers, who had all found someone to couple up with. She silently clapped, happily at the sight of Ray and Mariah together.

She was gorgeous; she was like a drug. I couldn't get enough of her, and if she were ever to be taken away from me… No, I shook that thought from my head.

Kitty was everything to me. She showed me how to love. She showed me that love was a wonderful thing, not some weakness. She melted the cold layers around my heart, the ones I had built and found the best in me, even though at first I was rude and cold to her.

I loved her. It was as simple and as complex as that.

I scanned the room. I hadn't really wanted to come here, but not for the reason everyone would think. I didn't care about parties anymore, but I had been worried if Brian was here. I relaxed, as I didn't see him.

Good.

I gazed back at Kitty. I could see the longing in her eyes to dance, but she didn't pressure me.

~*~*~*~ End of Kai's POV ~*~*~*~

Kai got up and asked Kitty to dance. Kitty smiled and nodded. She got up and Kai pulled her close to him, holding on to her. Kitty leaned her head against his well-toned chest. She sighed happily.

"I love you Kai," she whispered.

Kai kissed the top of her head, and held her lovingly.

It was like that till they left.

They arrived back to the hotel, and the two teams went into their own respective suites.

Kitty changed into her nightgown and headed to Kai's room, since it was slightly bigger. There they talked.

"What are you going to do after this tournament ends?" Kitty asked sadly.

"I'll probably go back to boarding school," Kai replied. He sensed the sadness in her voice.

"What about you, Kitty?"

"I don't know, I'll probably wander around, travel, do a couple of contests and odd jobs to support myself, I guess. I don't have anywhere to go really," she replied sadly, not knowing whether she'd ever see Kai again after the tournament ended.

"You could come to my school and stay with me. When you come of age, we could get married," Kai said, softly. He got up and dug into a drawer, pulling out a black and silver box. Kitty's eyes shone with hope. He opened the black box, inside was a silver band, with their birthstones entwined.

"This is a promise ring. I promise that I'll always love you. I promise that one day I will marry you. I love you Kitty."

"I love you too," Kitty replied, tears in her eyes. She couldn't believe what was happening! She was so happy; she couldn't express it. She happily accepted the ring, and Kai slipped it on her finger.

Kitty stayed there, in his arms, and slowly fell asleep. Kai watched his angel fall asleep, her breath going in and out. He glanced at Dranzer and Angel, their blades together, side-by-side. Kai smiled, everything was working out.

Kai's thoughts turned to the starting of the tournament tomorrow. He worried for Kitty and her special bond with Angel. He didn't want to get hurt, but what could he do? He didn't have to let Kitty battle, after all he was the captain, but…

Slowly he fell asleep, leaning against the pillows with Kitty in his arms.

~*~*~*~

Oooh! The tournament's going to start soon! Oh dear, I'm going to have such trouble describing the battles, so you really must bear with me. (And use your imagination a LOT!) I hope I live up to your expectations! ^_^ -Firerose18